The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have military bases near here I know and you can see cool things flying overhead now and then. Yesterday evening there was a B52 fly over. Even if you'd been in your house you'd have known it was around. I was already outside and saw it from afar and followed it slowly towards our house and over top of it and on just a tad and start making a turn toward the right. It was impressive. And it's so big and was fairly low and it seemed slower than any plane I've ever noticed before.

Here are some quick things on it. I knew a little about them prior but I'd been reminded by the cul-de-sac who pretty much was standing fixated on it till it was out of sight. Then we laughed at each other as we realized we'd all gotten lost in this monster-plane that just flew over head.

The B-52H BUFF [big Ugly Fat Fellow]is the primary nuclear roled bomber in the USAF inventory. It provides the only Air Launch Cruise Missile carriage in the USAF. The B-52H also provides theater CINCs with a long range strike capability. The bomber is capable of flying at high subsonic speeds at altitudes up to 50,000 feet (15,166.6 meters). It can carry nuclear or conventional ordnance with worldwide precision navigation capability.

b52abovecloud.jpg

All guessed now it appears...

From looking at the bottom where it shows who all's on line, it appears lots of folks have Good Friday off. So I guess we need us an Easter tune, huh? In the past years at this time, I've posted the theme songs to Ben-Hur, The Ten Commandments and the like. Nobody ever got them without lots of hints because those Bible movies all had similar sounding themes.

So here's one you'll all remember (though you may not recognize the first 32 seconds) but may not know right off what movie its from. Click HERE! I actually watched this movie again not too long ago. It's really not that good a movie, IMO, though it had a few good tunes in it.

sudo

That movie IS 'Easter Parade', right?

I don't care for most Judy Garland movies as a whole, though she has some memorable songs. I always get misty over 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" from "Meet me in St Louis", but I can't sit through the movie. I haven't seen "Easter Parade" in forever, but I suspect the songs are the highlights.

Sudo, I've not seen that movie in so many years I can't remember hardly a thing. I think she has a beautiful voice though. But some of the songs she has sung do nothing for me even with her voice. But I'm like that about most performers anyway. Like I mentioned on here recently that Clapton's CD Back Home (released 2005) is horrible. I was shocked. I don't know what he was trying to do but I hope he never tries to do it again. :unsure:

Thanks for the tune. I'll post something over the weekend but don't think I have anything in season.

Sudo,

:biglaugh: You are cool!

Hiwayman,

I love what you said even if you did talk about that Bush fellow! :rolleyes:

George,

I'm sure the men liked your post. :wink2:

~~~~~

Personally I like to look on a good looking male but what's inside the person can make them handsome or ugly even if they meet the flavor of the month in adoration.

Is that a female thing I wonder?

I owe Jessica Simpson an apology. I was just taking a break and flipping thru a current People magazine and saw a blurb about her being sued $100 million due to not promoting her own clothing line. It that is an indication of meekness then I owe her an enormous apology.

Hiwayman,

IMHO some of the sexiest men alive are rugged men with insides that make the world stop spinning for a second or two. Yup, I'm that bad. :rolleyes:

Sudo,

What Web software do you use? The pics come up fine on my computer, and apparently on Kathy's and some others. In Movie Pictionary, Doojable couldn't see my pics in Mozilla, but they came up fine in Explorer.

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

George,

I'm not sure WHY some pics don't show up. I use both Internet Explorer AND Mozzilla but I could see your Catherine Bach pic only with Mozilla... here's a screen capture of my own computer screen when I view your post with IE....

abd.jpg

sudo

Sudo,

I see that also on Mozilla.

That is so fun with you in that picture. Did you show the family? If so what did they say?

I never had a Charger, but in 77-78 (my last year of high school) I had one of these. Mine was the same orange color as the General Lee. Traded a 71 Ford pickup and a little cash for it. Kept the rebel flag and gun rack that was in the back window though. :)

It fits ya! :)

No I don't have a song this time, and I didn't win the lottery, but to me this was so much better, what an incredible day ! I'll be back in just a bit to share it, I have to slow down a bit and collect my thoughts, when I get excited, it wears me out !!

Cowgirl

Kathy,

Re:"That is so fun with you in that picture. Did you show the family? If so what did they say?"

LOL! That pic was taken a month ago at the Warner brothers studios in Hollywood. It was a lousy tour but they had us stand in front of a blue screen (naw... maybe it was a green screen?) at the end and gesture as they took our picture. Then they gave us the photos with the General Lee appearing to leap over us. Say, Rick... did you ever try some of those stunts with your hot rod back then? You would have been the right age to have tried something stupid like that with a car that resembled a Charger. It's a good thing all I had were jalopies when I was young because I KNOW I would have tried something stupid.

And since we're going to be hearing some news from Cowgirl later... I'll go on and post one of those Hollywood epic themes they always show on TV this time of year. Click HERE! Now... which one is it?? :biglaugh:

sudo

Whewwwwwwwww, I'm back! I didn't have the kids for the weekend so I wanted to take a day trip just by myself, go exploring and see what kind of trouble I could get into. I picked a spot on Lake Huron, and by the way anybody who hasn't seen it, it's humongus, it looks like an ocean!! The drive up there was absolutely gorgeous, lots of rolling hills, farms, way out in the country, my favourite type of landscape ! I get to this little tourist town called Bayfield, here are some pictures of where I was.....................

img3e96ebd69eb32.jpg

inn_little_bayfield_top2.jpg

dbboat.jpg

020g.jpg

bayfield2.jpg

I went to their two art galleries to see if they would be interested in carrying my papier mache sculptures in their store, sure enough they were, but here's the best part, the second art gallery I went in to, the guy that owned the store said that they have been looking for someone who does papier mache sculptures so they could carry them in BOTH their stores, one in Bayfield and the other one in London which is a huge city! So we exchanged phone numbers and we meet again in two weeks, I really believe this is my "ticket in" so to speak !! I was totally beside myself !!

Then I went off to do some exploring, I hit the marina first and tons of people were out getting their boats ready for the upcoming season, Lots of fishermen were out, I talked with a few and to my surprize they were catching some kind of salmon and trout. It was so pictureseque!!

Then I hit the beaches, what an awesome place to go beachcombing not the type you'd go sunbathing, I love to do that kind of stuff, collecting rocks and shells and driftwood. Heck I remember growing up when ever we'd hit the beaches we'd look for polished glass that the waves had smoothed over in time, green, white and brown were the most popular colors. if you ever found a blue piece you had scored!!

After I gathered up all my little treasures I moved on down the highway, followed this old dirt road and found another part of the beach and the coolest thing was, there was absolutely no one as far as the eye could see, so I had the whole beach to myself, I brought my chair and books down to read in total silence, I loved it !! Then I did some more beachcombing and found the neatest pieces of driftwood that if you really study then you can see different faces in them (don't worry I didn't see the face of "Mary" ) I found one huge piece that looks just like a widemouth fish, so I'm going to paint these different pieces up to make them look more like the animal faces I could see in them. I had to climb up 93 steps with all this driftwood to get back up to my vehicle, well I thought i was going to keel over, but I was determined to take these pieces home with me no matter how big they were. When I got to the top of the steps I found a five dollar bill laying on the ground!! It was just an incredible day with lots of really neat things that I got to see and find. Then I rode of into the sunset!!

Cowgirl

Edited by Cowgirl

Cowgirl,

What a wonderful place to have been. I could sense the trip from your account. There's some beautiful country in New England I bet you'd love. I lived in Vermont for a short period. It was breathtaking in the fall.

Kathy,

Re:<B><I><font color=red>"That is so fun with you in that picture. Did you show the family? If so what did they say?"</font></I></B>

LOL! That pic was taken a month ago at the Warner brothers studios in Hollywood. It was a lousy tour but they had us stand in front of a blue screen (naw... maybe it was a green screen?) at the end and gesture as they took our picture. Then they gave us the photos with the General Lee appearing to leap over us. Say, Rick... did you ever try some of those stunts with your hot rod back then? You would have been the right age to have tried something stupid like that with a car that resembled a Charger. It's a good thing all I had were jalopies when I was young because I KNOW I would have tried something stupid.

And since we're going to be hearing some news from Cowgirl later... I'll go on and post one of those Hollywood epic themes they always show on TV this time of year. Click <a href=http://sudo2u.com/abf.wav><font color=red>HERE!</font></a> Now... which one is it?? :biglaugh:

<center>sudo</center>

How fun! You already had that when I put that link up. Don't you just love it when something like that happens! :)

I've heard that theme but I can't place it yet at all.

(what is up with me and that dang html anyway :redface: )