Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sushi,

OK, I admit it.. I'm OLD!! But the question was about who the singer was and the name of the movie. Unfortunately for the thread, Kathy knew the singer and George knew the movie but I'm going to act like I didn't see what they posted because I've got another couple of tunes I ripped and am gonna' post.

Kathy.. How the heck did you know the singer right off anyways? Sheesh.. I was trying to start off easy. Here's another one that sounds even more like him. Click HERE! And of course, I have his signature song as well. Everyone knows which song I'm talking about, right?

sudo

Sheesh, Sudo,

EVERYBODY knows what Asa Yolson sounds like, don't they? (everybody in my house does, anyway)

BTW, did you know that the dance sequences in the "Al Jolson Story" were actually performed by Al hisself? Apparently, he though the steps too intricate for a schmuck like Parks to handle. Feh...

Sushi,

OK, I admit it.. I'm OLD!! But the question was about who the singer was and the name of the movie. Unfortunately for the thread, Kathy knew the singer and George knew the movie but I'm going to act like I didn't see what they posted because I've got another couple of tunes I ripped and am gonna' post.

Kathy.. How the heck did you know the singer right off anyways? Sheesh.. I was trying to start off easy. Here's another one that sounds even more like him. Click HERE! And of course, I have his signature song as well. Everyone knows which song I'm talking about, right?

sudo

I forgot I was suppose to give a clue. :doh:

As to why I knew it right off.....it's my fathers fault.

I realize that Sudo puts a great deal of work into his links quite often. I don't know how to do the stuff to produce a clip from a movie and yet I know the work involved to post some things.

And for that reason I can understand the disappointment felt. Yet our choice of words offer something to the conversation and I thought to state George and I as unfortunate to be not easily entreated by me.

But I still dig ya Sudo.

OK..

The signature song folks.. Click HERE! I appreciate the comments and yes, I would do a lot more if we just had the participation.. It can be a lot of work.

sudo

For what it's worth.

I don't post here much due to technical limitations.

I sure enjoy coming here and listening in on the conversation, though.

I'm like waysider. I have 'technical limitations' ( meaning I don't know how to post stuff here, as I'm frantically trying to learn new technologies at work before I'm officially a dinosaur ). I have a serious love/hate relationship with computers.

It is kind of frustrating though, as I have all sorts of obscure junk that you may or may not remember.

Hiway29,

Knowing your line of work, I bet you DO have a bunch of interesting stuff. Or at least you could get your hands on a lot of it at work. Learning to post is like learning to cook... you just go by the recipe. First you do this then you do that. Its really easy if someone's made out the recipe for you. I had to teach myself nearly all of it and THAT was a little tough.

sudo

I loved that theme and the opening montage, but usually was bored with the actual program. Maybe if I saw it again. I hated cop, detective shows when I was a kid, but have recently been re- discovering shows like 'the Rockford Files', and finding I have more of a taste for them now.

This show may be another one to see again.