The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I disagree Tom, it was good... A jazzy upbeat tempo. All over the place. I sure it would have been fine tuned had it been done for an album. Thanks for sharing.

I guess I must be more concerned than the neighbors. They are outside talking to each other. Me, well heck I put bottled water, snacks, phones, purse/wallet, laptop and a few other items in one of the bathrooms (although the kitchen is probably safer).

I think all is well because the sirens aren't going off solid and they will lift our warning in half an hour.

Sorry if I sounded dumb.

Geo...... :wub: I see you there.

Rats the sirens again.

I disagree Tom, it was good... A jazzy upbeat tempo. All over the place. I sure it would have been fine tuned had it been done for an album. Thanks for sharing.

What's up with that CalDreamer? You liked it, I didn't... why you do this to me dimee?

Oh... and I heard that this CSN&Y concert was very good... the show I heard about was very heavy on the Neil Young stuff...

I guess that's why we are entitled to our opinions. And for this time it is okay. :)

Rick,

When you get back you have to let us know how the concert went. Here's onw of their more famous tunes.. Click HERE! All of us old guys remember them well don't we? But who are all those old guys in Kathy's pic?? I'm looking for some young wild rock and rollers!!!

And for a hit from 1939 Click HERE! Its all about a guy and girl in love. Don't won't to bore anybody so I cropped it to less than a minute. I was coming back from taking my oldest to Ole Miss this past weekend and heard it on the radio (tells you guys what *I* listen to, huh?) and said to myself that I just HAD to post it. A real love story! Aw guys.. I went through Ole Miss on a music scholarship so this is really where my roots lay though I KNOW few will be moved by what I consider a very stirring tune :( .

sudo

Hiway29,

I'm really pleased! I thought for sure no one would have had any interest in the tune (click HERE!) but lo and behold if you don't surprise me!

Re:"was that 1939 tune about a guy and girl in love in nazi ,Germany?"

No.. the song was written in 1939 but about a couple in love in another European country (rules out Tristan and Isolde, huh?) and is probably the best known love story ever written. Man.. talk about something being old enough to qualify for the Nostalgia thread!!!

sudo

No.. the song was written in 1939 but about a couple in love in another European country (rules out Tristan and Isolde, huh?) and is probably the best known love story ever written. Man.. talk about something being old enough to qualify for the Nostalgia thread!!!

<center>sudo</center>

Sounds as if it would be about R&J, but this music sounds more like a horror film from the 50's! I prefer the Tchaikovsky version, myself.

George

George,

You are correct. It is indeed intense but the composer wasn't German nor Italian. He was from a country known for its musical intensity.. care to guess which country?? And here's another popular classical sounding hit from 1968. Click HERE! and name the performer.

sudo