Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'Ya see guys??

This is kinda' why I gave this thread up. So little participation. Now at least, I'm not feeling so bad realizing it was not the stuff *I* posted that drove folks off. I still have a slew of old stuff but since its labor intensive to format it, upload it and then link to it... I quit doing it when I would get only 2 to 3 responses.

I think things just got stale and that was my fault. We had done the TV theme songs (what we did originally) over and over. So I tried movie theme songs but that wasn't such a big hit. I think folks wanted more video than audio but maybe I'm wrong. Heck.. I don't know WHY everybody went away.

For example, click HERE! and see if you recognize the voices. This sort of thing hadn't been going over very well and I'm not sure why. Is it TOO old for folks? I just don't know. And since I didn't have a clue and nobody was giving me any feedback or posting different stuff.. I felt I had to just let the thread go.

sudo

What do these four folks have in common? If no one gets it, I'll add a giveaway.

doug-mcclure.jpg

Heather_Locklear_175723c.jpg

greg-evigan-4.jpg

Candice%20Bergen-5.jpg

George

I was going to add this person in a link, but I might as well use the picture. This person belongs in the same group. Now can you tell what they have in common?

Starposter-Leonard-Nimoy--Mittel--223758.jpg

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

George,

Hey! That last one is Leonard Nimoy!!!

<center>sudo (who should win a prize or something now)</center>

Well, you've won my undying respect.

And you should recognize most if not all) of the other actors.

I don't recognize the singer of your alphabet song. Could it be Capt. Kangaroo?

George

I just got home. Haven't had time to figure out the pics yet, though.

For some reason, I couldn't play Sudo's voices.

I'm going to make a guess though, and hope I don't 'blow it' for him.

I'm thinking it's 'swinging the alphabet' by the 3 Stooges. They did it in 'Violent is the word for Curly" in the 30's, but also recoreded it for a children's album in the 60's-with 'psuedo stooge' Joe De Rita. Not sure which one Sudo played, but I'm betting dollars to donuts that's it.

Hiway29 is good..

Yes it was swinging the alphabet but I keep forgetting that Hiway29 uses a Mac and can't see certain files. So here it is in WAV format so he can hear.. Click HERE!

Here's pictures of Moe as we remember him and then just a few weeks before he died in 1975.

moe.jpg

Curly Joe was a *MUCH* better stooge in my book than Joe Besser's "Joe" was. Not so haaaaaaaaard!!! I thought he was a girly boy even back when I was a kid. And he didn't want to get slapped either. Sheesh..

And here's a freebie for Stooge fans that even Hiway29 should be able to hear... HERE!

sudo

According to the Three Stooges made-for-TV movie a few years ago (VERY well cast, IMHO), Moe wanted (Curly) Joe deRita to take over for Curly, but he was unavailable, so they settled on Joe Besser. Fortunately, that didn't last too long, although Besser wound up in all the later movies (I think).

George

the Stooges made for tv movie is filled with half truths and fantasies, though it was well cast, and has merits.

Shemp took over for Curly. Joe Besser was years away. Joe DeRita WAS a Columbia 'stock' comedian from burlesque, who would certainly fit in and been considered-but he was definately no Shemp, either in talent or Howard and Stooge family ties.

The first person Moe considered after Curly was Mousie Garner, another old burlesque comic who had worked with Ted Healy, as had the Stooges.

When Shemp agreed to come back, it was no contest, though the Columbia chiefs thought he looked and sounded too much like Moe.

When Shemp died in the mid-50's ( and the Stooges made several macabre 'dead-Shemp' shorts, with a Shemp stand in), Joe Besser took his place. Besser never wanted to be a Stooge and it showed. He opted out when the Stooge contract ended.

By then the Stooge tv revivl happened and suddenly they were hot again. Joe DeRita was still a Columbia player, and was right for the time, though I've yet to discern what his comedy style really was. By this time the Stooges were older and slowing down, and he did look the part.

That's enough Stooge history for now.

I'm still stumped on those pictures .

Hey George!

Not only is that first picture Leonard Nimoy but the second one is that lady who was in the first Star Trek TV series. Lt Uhura or something, no? Only she's a lot older in the pic... Do I win anything??

sudo (awfully good at this sort of thing :))

Cathy's so close I'll just give it to her. All these people co-starred in series with William Shatner

Leonard Nimoy and Nichelle Nichols in Star Trek

Doug McClure in Barbary Coast

Heather Locklear and Adrian Zmed In T.J. Hooker

Greg Evigan in Tek War (also produced by Shatner)

Candice Bergen and James Spader in Boston Legal

George