• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hiway29,

Re:"Am I the only one mourning the death of this once proud thread ?"

I miss doing it too but we were generating hardly any interest in what I was posting. Originally, it was the "TV Nostalgia" thread way back on WayDale. I had come into a collection of TV theme songs that were in WAV format. I learned how to edit them and then post them. It was a lot of fun back then. I'd post the theme song to say, McHale's Navy and see who remembered it. There were 100's of TV shows that we did. And it wasn't just me posting them either. Wasway and Bluzeman were doing it right along with me for several years. We taught several posters how to download, format, upload to http servers and then link to them themselves. Folks like ChattyKathy, Krysillis, Cowgirl etc.

But then.. we had posted all the TV theme songs. And even did them again. It was getting boring for folks so we started posting anything "nostalgic" like old 60's pop songs. That was fun for a while but participation kept dropping. I started posting clips from old movies but by then we were down to like 3 people. I decided I wasn't going to spend hours editing, uploading and linking when hardly anybody was tuning in.

But, you know, Hiway29.. if you have some ideas about how to generate some interest here, I'll listen. It is kinda' sad what has become of the Nostalgia thread. Check out the stats.. it still has the highest number of posts :eusa_clap:

sudo

It <B><I>is</I></B> kinda' sad what has become of the Nostalgia thread. Check out the stats.. it still has the highest number of posts :eusa_clap:

<center>sudo</center>

That may be so right now, Sudo, but the "Johnny Lingo Goodbye" thread is coming in fast on the outside. :biglaugh:

Oh no, this is beautiful, and Chatty would know it if she watched the Movie, (in her own time) :) thanks Sudo, simply lovely.

Edited by Ca_dreaming

I'm watching the movie on tv even as I played the clip, so of course, I know what it is.

Growing up near new York City, they played that theme on a local station(WOR) for 'Million Dollar Movie"-usually presenting movies that were anything but. The craziest thing was they would show the same movie every day for an entire week. I knew exactly when to turn in for the 'good parts' of "the Crawling Eye".

Hiway29,

Re:"I was enjoying it, though not as much as you. I was impressed with the whole production, but found the melodramatic acting not exactly my cup of tea."

I respect you for that. I don't agree and have never heard any critic lambast GTW (in the top 5 of all 'best movie lists') for containing melodramatic acting but.. your opinion is your opinion. But I keep saying guys.. you HAVE TO SIT THROUGH THE ENTIRE THING. It would be like taking a 20 minute break during Citizen Kane and then saying the movie was ho-hum.

Yeah.. I'm a little disappointed. Let someone else post something. I post something and tell folks what they have to do to savor it and .... aw forget it.

sudo

Hey Sudo,

We can't let this thread die, man.

I know I don't get to check in anywhere near as much as I used to. My place of employment, in their infinite wisdom, decided a while back to block access to all message boards. I have no idea why. Seems like a pretty narrow-minded attitude to me.

With a wife who's a teacher and two teenage boys at home, I don't get much computer time there these days.

Anyway we got to keep it going because coming up this spring (April maybe?) this thread will have been active for:

6 YEARS

Hard to believe, isn't it?

Kathy,

Re:"Sudo, don't despair dear man."

Aww... that's sweet, Kathy but I'm not despairing. Uh, is that a legit word?? The problem with this thread is that I've run out of stuff to keep enough people interested. My fault plain and simple.

When I started this thread (Has it really been six years ago, Pirate?) I thought it would run the course of most threads.. a few pages at best. But it caught on for people who remembered the 50's, 60's and 70's. We've had lots of people posting but Wasway, Bluzeman and yourself have all lost interest. Yes. Its sad. Now we have George trying a different tact with pictures. Kudos for him.

What do you think about starting all over with TV themes that we used 6 years ago but may be new to newbies here? I could do that. It just might be a little boring because 6 years ago getting audio on-line was high tech.... and today we expect video.

sudo

P.S. George.... I have no clue as to the similarities but I recognize Wonder Woman and John Forsythe.

<B>P.S. George.... I have no clue as to the similarities but I recognize Wonder Woman and John Forsythe.

It's a start! Although all of the actors and actressess pictured are reasonably famous. Not Brad Pitt/Marilyn Monroe famous, but famous. I still think Hiway will know what I'm getting at, especially if he suspected it from the first pair of pics.

George

Okay, I think the first picture is Joanna Cassidy. The second I know is Lynda something (Carter, maybe?), aka as Wonderwoman.

Can't see the 3rd picture, but the fourth is John Forsyth.

Have no idea about #5, but number 6 is very familiar. Saw her recently in an older movie.

What do they have in common? Don't know. But I'll stay tuned to find out.

Suda