• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmmmmm! I thought it went a little like this:

I had a girl, Donna was her name

Since she left me I've never been the same

'Cause I love my girl

Donna, where can you be? Where can you be?

Oh, Donna, oh, Donna

Oh, Donna, oh, Donna

Does everyone agree that Tulips know best. I think not! Sudo what a tangled web you weave. :biglaugh:

Ca Dreaming,

You caught me.. I weaved a tangled web indeed and you caught me. The show was indeed the Donna Reed show which you were alluding to. And I just missed it. My bad. The following is not only one of my favorites but a very very famous (amongst folks who follow this stuff) scene for movie buffs.

Here’s a clip I got off of YouTube. This movie is one of my favorites. There are

five very noted actors in this clip and I’m curious as to how many of them you guys

will recognize. This movie was made in 1939 and all the lead actors are now gone..

with the exception of one. Esmeralda. She is still with us at the age of 86. Does

anyone see a connection between this clip and Gone With The Wind? Have a

little patience with the slow front end.. this clip is only a little over 4 minutes..

The end is a very emotional segment famous in the annals of moviedom. Is

That a word?? SANCTUARY! SANCTUARY!! For a Gypsy girl falsely

Accused of murder. Look at all the Extras! And was Laughton really doing all his stunts? Now… who can name all five?? Or.. maybe even one??

sudo

I have enjoyed her in so many movies, she is such a beauty. I liked her in the Quiet Man, her and John Wayne worked well together.

I've been waiting for Hiway29 before giving out more. OK.. everyone knows that the movie is the 1939 version of The Hunchback Of Notre Dame starring Charles Laughton, right? I was just wondering how many famous actors folks could identify in the clip.. :rolleyes:

sudo

The bride of frankestein, scarry!!!!!!!

I couldn't put a name to the actors, so I kept out of it. I doubt that Laughton did the leaping or rope swinging stunts, and even question the climbing shots. Even if he was capable of them, the last thing the studio needed would be Laughton bustin a leg while he's swinging through the set. I don't know if there was a stunt performers union at the time that would have prevented it also. A fine film and great performance by laughton.

Now Buster Keaton-there's someone who almost always did his own stunts, risking his life and abusing his body daily. He broke his neck while filming "the General", but didn't know it until a doctor examined him years later.

Elsa Lanchester as "the Bride of Frankenstein" was very young and attractive at the time. She plays Mary Shelley in the beginning of the film, and I think is still attractive as the 'bride'-even with the nice touch of teasing her hair as if it got caught in an electric socket.

And yeah-that strange sound, like a cat hissing, was creepy.

Valerie Hobson technically WAS the bride of Frankenstein-Victor Frankenstein the monster's creator.

Elsa Lanchester was the monster's mate-the monster was not Frankenstein (unless you consider Dr Frankenstein his 'father', thus taking his name)

It's a point of confusion that started for me in elementary school, when Frankenstein movies were shown regularly on TV. (Have today's kids, teens, even SEEN a Frankenstein movie ?).

"Frankenstein" refers to the good Doctor, the monster is the monster-but everyone calls him Frankenstein anyway-which sounds better than 'the monster'.