The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like this place, What were you doing when this took place.

moon-st.jpg

Ca Dreaming,

Like Tom I was at church that evening when it happened. I found out it had happened when I got home. Does anyone know when it happened? I'm thinking it was about 8 O'clock Central time. I wasn't quite 17 and still required to attend Sunday night church activities. Man was I ticked off!! I had missed it! I fully realized the magnitude of the achievement.

Teenagers today? Very hard to impress. I have three.

sudo

George,

I'll be the first to admit our memories are not always accurate. Fer instance a lot of us think of the "good 'ole days" as being a lot better than they actually were but... my memory sez that I got home from church after dark and it had just happened like an hour before. Anybody remember it differently?

sudo (at least remembers his own name.... for now)

the first group is gay!

oh-that's easy

the actors in the first group played the same character they replaced

Noel Neill replaced Phyllis Coates as Lois Lane (Though Noel had already played Lois in 2 Superman serials) and the pic is from her cameo in the Chris Reeve Superman movie

I'm embaressed to admit I don't remember the second name (Lori Saunders ?) but she loks like one of the Petticoat Junction Jo's.

Dick Sargeant lamely replaced Dick York as Darrin on Bewitched

I'm really perplexed on who the next guy is

Meredith MaCrae replaced whats her name (Gunilla Hutton?) as the blonde Jo on Petticoat Junction (you can tell I don't know my Petticoat Junctions

the second group replaced characters with new characters

I don't know why I can't place the first sultry blonde

June Lockhart replaced Bea Benederet on Petticoat Junction, though the pic is from 'Lost in Space' Bea Benederet was 'Kate' and June was a Dr something

June Lockhart also replaced Cloris leachman on "Lassie" as Timmy's mother

William Demerest as 'Uncle Charly" replaced William Frawley as 'Bub" on 'My 3 Sons"

Barry Livingston as "Ernie" replaced Tim Considine as "Mike" on "My 3 Sons"

Ken Berry as "Sam" replaced Andy Griffith as 'Andy"-though technically it was the whole show that was replaced as the 'Andy Griffith Show' became 'Mayberry RFD'

I figured that Hiway would get these.

To fill in the blanks:

Lori Saunders replaced Pat Woodell as Bobbie Jo.

Jeff Perry replaced John Billingsley as Lawrence Steadman on "Prison Break."

Jenilee Harrison as "Cindy" replaced Suzanne Somers as "Chrissy" on "Three's Company."

(I was going to use a "Charlie's Angels" pic, but forgot to.)

The Ken Berry one was a bit of a stretch, but Andy Griffith did appear as Andy Taylor on the first few episodes of "Mayberry RFD."

Good work, Hiway!

George

Hey folks!

Seems we have a long time Greasespot poster who sez he's leaving us for better pastures. But every time I've seen his posts I can't help but think about this song.. Click HERE! and name the year it came out.. or what TV series the singer was in or who her co-stars were. Maybe this is a bit ahead of some of yous.. :).

I remember it because the girls at Rainbow skating rink played it over and over on the juke box (anyone remember those? Do they still exist?) on Saturday mornings and afternoons. Ah! I was so in love with those girls but didn't dare tell them for fear of being rejected. They would be close to 60 years old today.

sudo

I remember it because my best friend at the time had an older brother named Johnny that I swooned for. But I was his little sisters friend and like the song says and he doesn't even know that I exist. But she also had a precious horse that we rode together as often as we could and soon my love of that horse won over the one for Johnny.

I know the song was probably somewhere in the early 60's. And they now have a air freshener with a name similar to this singers last name.

me and edits sitting in a tree

Edited by ChattyKathy

the tv series the singer was in ? Let's just say it featured "the Stones" long before Mick Jagger

Her mother in the show would say it's a wonderful life. Her father would later be a tv lawyer. Her brother was a former Mouseketeer, and when the singer left the show, they brought in his real life little sister to take her place.

I never quite figured that show out. I watched it for years without thinking it very funny, nor really liking the characters that much. But I watched it every friggin Wednesday night.