Oakspear

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by herbiejuan:

Sure if I can find it icon_smile.gif:)-->

and yes I plan on being awake for most of the festivities provided they don't last past 2 or 3 am.

I will be driving from Columbus Ga so I may be a bit later (4 or so) but don;t let that stop ya'll from breaking out the better n sex stew and pa'r squeezings icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Okey dokey...we'll meet at Sudo & Oak's at the inn and go from there icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I intend to arrive early friday ...scope stuff out...set up camp....

I intend on bringing breakfast stuff ...will try to plan better so as to avoid past years substitutions.....no chocolate biscuts nor sausage (pancake flour) gravey....oh and of course breakfast.

It sounds like oak n sudo have friday night covered...I will bring hot dogs for lunch n maybe sketti fixins for dinner....maybe soup fixins...s far as herbal staying awake....hmmm I`ll believe THAT when I see it ....lol

The princess and I will be arriving Friday afternoon - I'll post before we leave home - that's the best I can do for planning at this point.

We'll be in a tent and are bringing a bunch of food:

S'mores fixins

Tuna noodle stuff (a cold macaroni salad)&

Potato Chips

Frito Pie/Chili Pie

Burgers and brats (with matching buns)

Pancake mix

Bacon

Assorted drinks

That's all I'm thinking of off the top of my head, but we'll bring more, no doubt.

I just came through that area of TN last week and the colors are really coming along beautifully!!! Can't wait to see the mountains this weekend!!!

Hey, anyone hear any word from jesusfreaky as to whether they'll be at the roast or not?

Good thinking on the cd`s .... looks like I will be bringing the tribe and possible guest spouse...(does that sound like I don`t have a real spouse...just a guest?) I won`t know untill I am pulling out of the driveway and I look to see if he is in the camper or not...

I intend on bringing the lap top and a camera....maybe we can log in and post pictures.

Oak,

you probably won't see this post but I feel the same way.. I'll be out on the road tomorrow before the sun comes up just for the sheer pleasure of the trip. I'll be taking the southern 'scenic' route which will take me through the small towns and will be stopping to eat at locally owned restaurants. I particularly like the breakfasts in places like that.

When I went through Lancaster last year, I passed several Amish buggies. I'll have the camera ready this year. Ah!! I'm looking forward to it and the weather should be superb!!

sudo

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I'm driving to Eufala Al first thing tommorrow morning to pick up the youngest herbal and from there we'll be riding the interstates till we arrrive 9 hrs later.

If you see a green ranger with a slightly dented tailgate along the way that would be us

No ROA stickers No political stickers just a dent icon_eek.gif and two soon to be happy campers on the way to the 3rd annual weenie roast icon_wink.gif;)-->

It was never the plan for me to go with Oak to the Weenie Roast. As it turns out my daughter will be playing in her last flag football game and I have two classes on Monday. It was nice to see Oak right before his trip.

He was ready to leave before I got out of school and he insisted on waiting till I could stop by.

Well, this weenie wishes you all a wonderful, safe trip and plenty of good company while you are there. Wish Jardi Jr. and I could make it this year, but we'll be thinking aboutcha!

Don't hit any bonzai deer....and keep an eye out for those roming rangers icon_wink.gif;)--> and stay IN the lodge!

Have fun and take some pics for us!

J.

We're not going to get there til Saturday noon or 1:00. I woke up this morning with an intense sinus headache or some such nonsense. I've slept almost all day and feel better now than I did this morning.

We're heading out in about an hour. I figure traffic will be interesting through St. Louis this evening on account of the debate - we're going to cruise about halfway and stop for some sleep, then head out again in the morning.

Definitely taking care to watch for bonzai deer - hope to get more pics of some this year.