GreaseSpot Cafe

Woman jailed for shoddy housekeeping

excathedra

quote:
Woman jailed for shoddy housekeeping

Mon Nov 15,11:50 PM ET

By Tinuola Awopetu, Court TV

DATELINE (Court TV) — Rosie Fellman is no domestic diva.

A judge in Douglas County, Neb., sentenced Fellman to 45 days in jail for her less-than-stellar housekeeping skills.

Garbage found inside of Fellman's home and her garage was piled over five feet high, according to Douglas County City Prosecutor Marty Conroy.

Neighbors and city inspectors have spent six years trying to convince Fellman to clean up her home, but have not been successful.

"There are several pending cases against her," Conroy said. "She's resisted all orders to clean up."

On a recent visit to the property, inspectors reportedly found the driveway littered with over 100 overflowing garbage cans.

Fellman's sentence will be divided into 10-day intervals, with a 30-day break after each segment to allow her to work on cleaning up her home. She could face another 45 days in jail if the judge finds her cleanup efforts unsatisfactory.

Conroy said Douglas County housing officials have filed a separate civil complaint against Fellman and plan to demolish her home.

Fellman, who lives alone, is appealing the sentence and the demolition order.

garbage over 5 feet high ?

over 100 garbage cans ?

ohmygosh

my sister has a friend who has a similar problem. her (young adult) kids dumped a whole bunch of garbage while she was out, but they dumped it in the woods. the police found their address on an envelope and came to the house and made them come get the garbage. that's how the mom found out and boy she was mad.

it's an illness

my great uncle was the same

like those 2 brothers in new york

ok she threw stuff out, that is my problem clutter . So why didnt they pick up the garbage cans and be done with the garbage?

it may be an illness . what they like garbage?

I do not get it.

Im going to clean today.

I read that story of the brothers MY GOD EX!

didnt anyone notice? in my small town we notice we report we tattle tell . maybe it is a good thing after all.

those poor men how they suffered their whole life.

I have problems with outfits I have not worn in over a year. I do not want to go out and buy anything eles so I hang on to stuff I do not wear anymore Im getting better tho. some of the stuff is still very pretty to me even tho I do not wear it and may never again.

I have to many pots and pans as well I needed alot when I had kids at home but now they take up to much space do not want to throw them out tho they are still good.

but pop cans? I do have excess paper work in boxes from college etc. I paid alot for those books once. reports I worked for months on I kept them I can throw them now it seems like work. I will have to hunt and peck at it. now with the baby coming I want to declutter again you how much room a tiny little baby takes up in a house amazing isnt it?

wow those poor guys it seems someone should have done something and maybe this lady they put in jail can get some help.

quote:

my sister has a friend who has a similar problem. her (young adult) kids dumped a whole bunch of garbage while she was out, but they dumped it in the woods. the police found their address on an envelope and came to the house and made them come get the garbage. that's how the mom found out and boy she was mad.

Yessir Officer Obie, I cannot tell a lie.

I put that envelope under the garbage!

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Rick

Except for clothes, which I hang on to for dear life suffering under the illusion I will someday lose enough weight to wear them again, I like to donate stuff I don't use to Goodwill Industries, the Salvation Army and the like. If you have nice clothes you don't wear, consider a consignment shop, where you might get a little bit of money for them!

WG

Martha Stewart is cool hey she has talent!

I just took down all my ceiling fans blades and bleached them.

I feel better. I once worked with a person who would not stop cleaning and I have a friend who wipes down the table every tme I put the glass of water down well I am not real comfortable in their houses either.

but if they died in them we would know I suppose .

this thread is getting on my nerve for some reason .

where is the balance between the two types of freaks huh?

It was a typical case of American

blind justice, and there wasn't nothing Obie could do about it.

They gave this woman six years to clean this up before they finally arrested her? That shows remarkable restraint on the part of the authorities. I don't think they should have given her a year to do it.

I don't know how it is there, but where I live, you have to take your garbage to the curb to have the city pick it up. You can have 1000 garbage cans in your driveway and they won't touch them.

yeah here to we need to take the garbage out to the road. Once in a while I do forget and I have to keep it two weeks I hate when that happens.

but if the grass is longer than ankle deep or if garbage (papers on your lawn or bags) outside your house they send the folks doing community service (kids who broke the curfew mostly)time out to do it and charge you a VERY hefty fine. without asking first.

in this town if you recieve any govt assistance food stamps , money or ask for help from the food pantry you give permission for the town zoning inspector to tour the property when ever he feels it is needed. and HE DOES. Also here the town itself can evict a person from the property without consent of the landlord or the owner of the property . if you call any emergency service more than three times in 12 months they begin the town eviction process automaticly.

not to many boy girl fights here I can tell you that, and the neighbors had best learn to get along. If a landlord has a problem tenant he is highly motivated to move them out or the town will at his expense and reputation. We have a curfew 10 p.m. till the age of 18 with a first offence being a two hundred and fifty dollar fine socked to the parent the fine and penalty increases and some have gone to jail for being outside without a adult after 10p.m. or before 5a.m. A child can be in their yard or their parents property, or with an adult only.

We can not have garage sales except twice a year and the town does all the advertsing for free. alot of folks go nuts for that one, the cops will come and tell you to take every thing in the house or they will heavy duty fine ya with a "traffic fee". We have a law that states how many pets a household can have as well, regardless of how much land you own or how well they are taken care of or not. We take care of our own.

We need to be nosy in NY ya know. I feel I live in a safe community. Everyone is accountable and gets the job done. some hate this town because we have such zoning and town laws, good riddance we say. WE are trying to avoid people moving in without accountablility to the community .