GreaseSpot Cafe

Send Sauce, it's cheaper

Shellon

http://www.courttv.com/people/2005/0120/graffiti_ap.html

I called a pizza place to complain about a pizza I bought for my daughter and her sitter monday night. The girls said it tasted like the sauce was burned, scraped off the top stuff and ate the crust. EW.

When he called me back this am responding to my complaint, the owner of the pizza place said "I don't believe you". He did offer to give me another pizza, but said three more times "I don't believe you".

If a kid won't eat a pizza, something is wrong with it IMO. I never ate a piece of the pie, their faces were enough proof for me.

I just ordered four cases of pizza sauce to be delivered to his business as a gift from me.

I've found that it's best to order pizza from a chain where the people managing it have no personal stake in anything. That way, if they screw up, they don't take it personally and give you lots of coupons for free stuff because it's not their money anyway.

Also, I move around so much it's good to know that Papa John's pizza is the same everywhere.

The local pizza place here is a one of a kind. Best pizza I have had anywhere. Sauce on it is fantastic.

Only thing, I used to see empty cans of banana puree behind the place- may have been the secret ingredient in the sauce? Who knows..

Shell thats nuts....you are very kind

I have to tell you 2 funny pizza things from my son.

A. He would not even eat it until he found out Ninja Turtles ate Pizza! (it looked messy)

B. He went through a pphase of lifting the cheese and wiping off the sauce with what ever paper napkin he could find...drove my husband nuts...I just let it go---knew it would pass, he saw some other kid do it so he did it for about a year.

BUT I have tasted Burnt pizza sauce...

Lianne

I used to deliver Pizza for a place in Athens, Ohio called the BIG RED TOMATO

Shell thats nuts....you are very kind

==============================================

Hi WW, naw not kind, IMO, I was trying to make a point to the azzhole.

Sheesh, this pizza place is a little dinky hole in the wall place, the dude used to own a very nice bakery in town. His current place has a warm 'pizza' feel to it, I assumed he'd still make good pie. And be a decent human being.

There are five other places in town that make pizza, which he would do well to remember. Advertising works both ways.

icon_razz.gif:P-->

They had to be pretty darned hungry to eat the pizza anyway.

Having worked at many levels of restaurant management and in many customer service positions, I feel qualified to offer a small bit of advice. And that is - if you have a problem with a food item, DON'T destroy/consume/dispose of that food item. Keep it as proof.

He would not have been able to say "I don't believe you" if he had a slice of that pizza put in front of his face.

Yes of course they were hungry, it was their supper.

They each ate one piece of crust.

I hadn't mentioned in here what I did with the remainder of the pizza.

Had the man just said "oh I'm sorry you had a bad experience with our product" it would have been done. I would have thanked him and gone about my business. I would probably even had gotten pizza from him again.

Shell,

Like Oakspear said, it's bad business to call the customer a liar as anything is possible, after all. But from hearing the evidence I conclude... YOU are lying you little troublemaker!!!!! You're just after free pizza coupons!!!!

sudo (so self rightous and pure)Hee-hee!!

Here's a pizza guy that has a serious customer service problem.

quote:
ROME (Reuters) - An Italian restaurant that sold a pizza with a human tooth baked into the crust has been fined nearly $4,000 for a lack of hygiene.

"It's insanity," cried defense lawyer Massimiliano Manzo, who represented the Florence pizzeria.

"How is the owner of the pizzeria going to force employees to go to the dentist every day or strap a lid over their mouths?" he told Reuters by telephone.

The unidentified client discovered the tooth while chewing a mouthful of pizza in December 2000. He paid the bill, but refused a complimentary supper to patch things over and instead took legal action.

The owner of the tooth was never identified and Manzo refused to discuss how it got into the pizza in the first place.

Pirate,

Skeptic that I am, and not knowing any more than what you posted here, my instincts tell me the customer set the whole thing up. A human tooth baked into a pizza?? THAT would be hard to do accidentally. And if it weren't accidental, then the owner has a good point. He (putting on lawyer's hat) shouldn't be held liable for the malicious deeds of his employees.

sudo

I remember Little Ceaser's pizza. They would give you two pizza's for the price of one. Remember those commercials? God their pizza was crap. It tasted like the cardboard box they came in. My dog wouldn't even eat that stuff. (My old dog, it was before rottiegrrrl's time)

Remember that stupid Bad Andy that Domino's pizza had for awhile? They were introducing a cast of characters (Bill, the cook, Cindy, the cashier, and...Bad Andy!) I remember I was working some temp job for a couple of weeks and this small, cliquesh group of stupid women thought that was the funniest commerical in the world.

They would call everyone Bad Andy's. Oh, your a bad andy today....TEE HEE HEE HEE HEE.

Gawd. Excuse me while I hurl chunks across the room.

I finally told them on my last day I thought it was a stupid commercial. This one woman looked at me and said in her haughtiest tone. Well WE like it.

Well I guess even Domino's thought it was stupid cause they said good riddance to Bad Andy.

quote:
Originally posted by Shellon:

Steve, Sudo, you are both right, of course.

I made the whole thing up. There was no pizza, there was no sauce, there was no pizza man.

I have no child and she doesn't have a sitter.

This thread doesn't even exist.

Happy now?

Shellon I'm crushed icon_frown.gif:(--> I suppose this means that you don't have a hamster named Louie either!

Rottie,

The Little Ceasar's here has large pizzas for $5 everyday... all day long. That's cheaper than you can get them frozen at the store. Like you were saying about their quality.. how good can these things be at that price? My nephews love 'em, though. But then, they love canned raviolos and boxed macaroni and cheese icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

sudo

Oh hell I love canned ravioli and mac and cheese.

Okay so little Ceaser's is still around. I haven't seen there commercials for ages and they seemed to have disappeared from around here. I would like to think in Chicagoland we are a little more spoiled by our pizza, but that's debatable I suppose.

I still say Chicagoland pizza is supposed to be THIN crust and NOT THICK deep dish pan crapola like other people think. Of course I'll probably get into an argument with certain people about that.

Jewel actually has there own house brand of frozen pizza that I love. It's real thin crust and tasty. People buy them and add their own stuff to em too. If you never tried a Jewel pizza try one. Yum. Their even better than the Home Run Inn, which is supposed to be the best around here. So they say.