GreaseSpot Cafe

Its Groundhog Day!

Ham

quote:
I feel sorry that the northern folk are going to have to keep shoveling that snow though.

You don't have to be Belle. There are no groundhogs up here, so every year a porcupine takes it's place. Early spring predicted for us! I'ts been in the 40's for the past two days, and snow melting like crazy. Such a sweet sight! Gotta love that Porcupine! icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
I thought Groundhog Day was yesterday.

Oh no! It's starting again!

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Naw -- I'm just telling you today what happened yesterday, since the results of the porcupine yesterday weren't reported in the local paper until today, even though it is yesterday's news and not to be repeated today icon_wink.gif;)-->

Then, back on the farm, we didn't honor groundhogs (woodchucks) in the same manner as Phil and his peers are coddled. We honored them by termination. Either allowing other people to come and shoot them, or by gassing them (plug all their holes in an area but one, then connect a pipe from the tail pipe of the tractor to their hole and let it run for 20 minutes or so.)

Can't have those chuck holes on the farm, they do a serious number on cow's legs, and also serve as "potholes," jarring you if you drive over them with a tractor.

Per

There are some striking parallels of the Punxatawny Phil following and what we came out of..

1. Phil is "infallible". Anything past a third rate cult or religion just HAS to have a claim of infallibility. Of course, he is always right. Be quite assured, there will be six more weeks of winter.

2. Phil maintains a close inner circle- insiders if you will. "Da Pres" however, is the only one that is qualified to interpret Phil's dictates, uttered in original "groundhogese". Disagree with Phil's utterances "from the chair"? Just have to take it by faith, brother. Disagreement is met with harsh confrontation.

4. The "inner circle" is entirely responsible to continue providing Phil's lavish lifestyle, which among other things, includes a heated burrough that is comparable to a palace. The inner circle is responsible for groundkeeping, kitchen duties and at least one expert is available at all times to provide proper health care for Phil.

In my opinion, they've got da vey beat in every aspect.

I am sending in my fifteen dollar "membership" fee monday.

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

Somehow I missed number three.. heh heh.

3. For small change Phil will send birthday greetings to the people you love most. Nice card with his picture on it.

Much preferable to having a picture of rosie sent with the greeting..