GreaseSpot Cafe

POLL: Are you interested in any more VPW teachings?

Zixar

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this trend continues, then it would surely debunk the theory that there are large numbers of lurkers and shy posters who don't want to get attacked by the "antiWierwillites", who don't post because they are afraid to go against the GS tide.

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

"We...know how cruel the truth often is, and we wonder whether delusion is not more consoling"

Henri Poincare

quote:
Originally posted by GarthP2000:

31-1 so far, the no votes winning hands down, and the yes votes doing worse than the Reform Party under Pat Buchanan.

Actually, the one vote for "I'd look at them" was from me. But I MEANT to vote for hell no.

I might be interested in the REAL hidden teachings of Mr. Weirwille, as opposed to the "hidden" teachings that Mike has actually found.

Which lends itself to splitting metaphors on the horns of the following dilemna:

Is it still classified as a "hidden" teaching if somebody actually finds it? Or if it is in fact "found," does it properly become merely a "forgotten" teaching rather than a "hidden" one? Does this classificatory schemata lend itself to a Rafaelian dichotemy of "actual" versus "interpretational?" In otherwords, is a teaching a "hidden" or "forgotten" one dependant upon one's analytical distance and philosophical chilliness?

Therefore, the poll for the sake of clarity should distinguish between "hidden" and "forgotten" teachings.

Larry, you bring up a good point.

Ok, what if I happened to be there for VPW's last teaching. And what if, I didn't know it was hidden, because he taught it in public? So, am I guilty of trying to hide VP's last teaching because it was taught in public and I was there, but I didn't know it was hidden, but I didn't announce to the world that it was indeed VP's last teaching that some say was hidden but was actually taught in public? Because I thought that since it was taught in front of an audience and taped, it was public?

icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Edited by Guest

Ex, that's a no-brainer. Given your fact pattern, you are referring to a forgotten teaching. Which requires you to enter into the Rafaelian darkling plain of "interpretational" versus "actual."

Was it a forgotten teaching because it was overall merely a forgettable teaching, or did Ex-10 forget the teaching because she is forgetful?

Well, Larry, since I am an "old" grad, and I have pondered your question for the last....say....25 seconds, I think I am more than qualified to answer. But, since I just now cleaned up my supper dishes, and the dog needs to be fed, I will get back to you. Stay tuned though, I've got the answer to your question, I just need to let you know that I am way to important to answer it now.

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Do you realize that more people have voted that they think Smeagol/Gollum is the best-looking guy in Middle Earth than have voted "yes" to hearing any more of Wierwille's arcane maunderings?

Love,

Steve

[This message was edited by Steve Lortz on February 06, 2003 at 20:40.]

[This message was edited by Steve Lortz on February 06, 2003 at 20:40.]

Edited by Guest

Larry:

Rafaelian?

I guess that's because first-year members of the Living Epistles Society used to go around talking about "Rafael in you!"

Of course, if you had read my last/lost To Wit article, you would know that forgotten and unremembered are the same Greek word, and therefore, to say someone in the Old Testament could no have unremembrance, but they could have forgetfulness, is just plain silly.

So the last teaching was not forgotten. It was just unremembered. Had we mastered the unremembered last teaching, we would have realized sooner that Clement was a lousy choice to succeed Peter as Pope, not to mention we would have been able to warn Van Halen about Sammy Hagar.

By the way: I was kidding about voting incorrectly. The two yea votes are fair and square (as far as I know).

The Living Epistles Society