GreaseSpot Cafe

Those Pesky Household Chores

way back in the 70s

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sick too dot.

As I said in my story I only got told off the once for not folding underwear properly.

What was "nice" became what was mandatory.

TWI became more religious than any religion which they criticised. I find the aspects of threat and control that have been outlined appalling and the use of fear, which we were all supposed to be delivered from, overwhelming.

TWI put more "sand in the machinery of life" than I would ever have thought possible.

How very very sad. And I understand, with a heavy heart, why these folks are still in. You are right, Cat. It's because of the fear. It's the number one tool of abusers everywhere.

There is no fear in LOVE because perfect love casteth out fear. I seem to recall learning that long long ago...

Thanks, Cat, for being so honest. Most of us were led to say, do, or think things regarding our fellow believers (and ourselves) under the guise of being obedient to leadership, and , therefore, to God. I am so glad we're out. And we need to be there for those wondering just how they can break free. (And to keep those still "in", in our thoughts. There but for the grace of God, go I.)

Edited by Guest

CAtcup

I never liked WC as a whole (there were some exceptions) when I was in. I never even considered that they might be in as much pain as me--because All I saw was the abuse they meted out.

If you have achieved nothing else on these forums --you have made WC into human beings instead of Borg-like automicons.

I am proud to have gotten to know you over the years and I salute your courage and Steadfastness in seeking to undo the damages you wrought while exposing the evils of TWI.

If Rosie and CO. were just half as honest and forthcoming as you, many hearts would be healing instead of in a perpetual ache.

Thank you for being here when I needed someone to vent on and for always listening.

Thanks Mo.

There are some of us who went into TWC because we really did want to dedicate our lives in service to God and to His people, not because we were interested in becoming little Hitlers.

Unfortunately, for those of us who felt called to service, we found ourselves increasingly hemmed in by demands of TWI that contradicted what we knew in our hearts we should do.

For us to have continued with TWI, to continue to obey the kind of heinous commands we were being given, I felt we would have had to kill something inside of us in order to carry out those commands against God's precious inheritance.

Some of us tried to hang on and change the organization from the inside out in order to save what we felt was God's ministry that had been somehow hijacked.

We could not do it. It was too far gone to fix.

And I feel obligated to tell the truth of what I know and expose the evil we found.

Guys, I just wanted to say that I appreciate everything I've read here. What started out in my mind as a rather lighthearted discussion has really brought to light more injustices and control tactics endured by former and current TWI members. I hope those who are curious about TWI and searching for their truth read through this and other topics just to see how many people have been hurt in so many different ways. It's important for them to see it. It's NOT about loving one another and the rightly-divided truth of the Word. Among other things, it's about control, impossible standards,money and power. It's about fear and guilt and never being good enough. It's about abuse and really knowing how to hit someone where it hurts...going after their hearts and those they love and trying to make anything other than their current truth (pretty significant phrase to me) appear meaningless. Love ??? Peace of mind ??? Knowing that you know that you know ? Not anymore....maybe not ever.