GreaseSpot Cafe

Craig's Loyalty Letter

insurgent

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldies

My only personal experiences with DW involved "adultery issues." So, no, I can't lay them "aside." In those situations, I know what what was said and done, or rather, not done, behind closed doors. And it wasn't pretty.

And these things happened long before the "loyalty letter," or even the poop, for that matter. So forgive me for not being too hopeful that he would've done the stand up thing when the pressure was really on.

quote:
Maybe its time for you to take a look at going back?

Vickles,

Just because I think Craig's Loyalty Letters I and II were right on, doesn't mean I want to go back today. Lots of erroneous decisions were made after, to give me good reason not to go back, or at least be suspicious enough not to send them any more money, unless they cleaned up their act, if perchance I would attend any meeting in the future.

Oldies,

A stray dog goes up to the baker. The baker gives him a bun, and then kicks him. The next day, the dog goes to the delicatessen man. The deli man is kind to him, and gives him a choice piece of meat and strokes his fur. The following day, it is back to the baker for some day-old rolls and a kick. This goes on for quite some time.

The question is: how many days should the dog keep going back to the baker, before he gives up on him?

The deeper question is: what if the dog had not met the deli man -- when should he leave the baker and go looking for something better? Should he bite the evil hand that feeds him, or lick it in forgiveness? Or should he just go away and never come back, and teach the other dogs to steer clear?

I hope you'll forgive my little parable, but I think it gets to the heart of being loyal to people who misused their authority, be it VP, Don, or Craig. You don't have to respond to it. Just think about it, please.

Regards,

Shaz

Shaz,

Dogs aren't as stupid as people. And they don't care so much about being "right" - only about being fed and happy.

On another topic:

I had an experience with Don W once where he got mad at me for something. It later turned out that he was obviously wrong. In a semi-appology, he explained that even though he was wrong, his anger was "spiritual anger". He didn't realize that if you belived his premise (that one could walk by the spirit and be right)his explanation just proved how wrong he was.

My conclusion about him (and I didn't know him past the mid-80's) was that he was a nice guy but not any great thinker, and not at all a dynamic leader. He was, after all a public school principal or something - not exactly rocket science. Till his daddy bought him a college.

quote:
it's always easier to care about someone you know personally especially if they have helped you

ya know ?

Excathedra,

Thanks for mentioning this...I think it does factor heavily into the mix of why some folks display loyalty, while others not.

• 1 year later...