GreaseSpot Cafe

Catcup, you're going to love this one!

insurgent

The latest way rag just came out and guess who has an article in it and just guess what that article is on....

J*s*ph*n* W*ll*c* - wc minister and graduate of the class of 1984 serves with her husband as the Rocky Mountain RCs.

She wrote an article about having open doors to do good.

What follows is my own rendition of the pedestrian article. Nothing in the following post is quoted verbatim in large chunks – maybe a word here or there, but following the example of vee pee pee I will not plagiarize anything.

This is the first time ever I have heard any official teaching or mention of “doing good to all” in all my years in twi.

She starts by talking about how as a young child she had to learn how to bless others. She frowned more than she smiled and some people thought she was grumpy and unhappy. Her mom was sociable and outgoing and she helped her by telling her over and over again to smile. She told her to look in the mirror every day and practice smiling. She obeyed her mom and over the years, as a result, her cheerful countenance and positive attitude have helped her to serve others and opened doors for her to help friends through difficult times in their lives.

She says that God exhorts us regarding dealings with others, especially those in the household of believers. (of course, we know that the only household of believers, according to the twi(ts) is those who send their money to new knoxville)

Gal 6:10 – As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

We are to do good, she says, good which is spiritually advantageous or beneficial to others around us Where do you get anything spiritual out of “good” in that verse???) She then quotes the Amplified Bible which doesn’t talk about good being only spiritual good.

She says this is a rich and powerful truth. We should be mindful to be a blessing – to do that which is of spiritual advantage to others. And as we do, she says, many blessings will abound in our lives and to those around us. Blessing each other with God’s Word and helping each other go to the Word and find the answers to meet needs are two ways of being especially good to the household, according to ms. w*ll*c*.

In her article, she says that she will look at several practical ways and examples of benefiting the household of believers and sharing God’s goodness with all that we might meet. The basics to be looked at will help us to develop mutual respect for one another. Additionally, we’ll see how God adds humble people to our fellowships as we apply the Word and use our God-given abilities to serve one another.

Biblical example number 1 starts by saying that Jesus Christ (not just Jesus – in case you get confused as to which Jesus she’s talking about) is the greatest example of someone who made up his mind to benefit and serve others. A brilliant record that shows this is the account in Luke 19 about Zaccaeus, who in verse 2 was “chief among publicans”.

Quotes Luke 19_4-9

In the book order my steps in thy word, vee pee pee explained that the roman system of tax collecting during Jesus’ lifetime (woah, I had to re-read this…..she didn’t say Jesus Christ. Must have been an oversight on the part of the editors) was known to be an abusive system, compounded by the dishonest of the publicans. Zacchaeus was not just a common tax collector, but the chief and Jesus Christ (I knew it had to be an oversight – we’re back to making sure every Jesus has a Christ) didn’t allow the commonly held opinion of tax collectors to change hi thinking about him.

Zacchaeus was an honest man, she says, and Jesus Christ saw that he was meek and desired to know the truth. Jesus Christ was kind and loving enough to listen to Z-baby’s situation, no matter his status in society, to the point that Z-baby received salvation.

OKAY, how is this an example of doing good? Jesus didn’t judge the man but I don’t see what her point is with this example.

Another great example of doing good to all is in the record of the apostle Paul and his encounter with Lydia and her household: Quotes Acts 16:9-10.

Paul and the men with him did not hesitate to obey God and go to Macedonia.

Quotes vs 11-13

Paul and the others did not go by culture or appearances because they walked by the spirit of God. In the Eastern culture it was unusual for a group of women to get together to fellowship and pray, but this is where God sent these men first.

Vs. 14-15

This record shows truly Paul’s meekness to obey what God wanted him to do. (Is this article about obeying or about doing good??) As a result he brought the Word to Lydia, who was ready and humble to believe and receive God’s wonderful Word. Paul and his companions helped Lydia and her entire household get born again. Lydia responded with hospitality by asking them to stay with her. Imagine the mutual respect that develped between Paul and his companions and Lydia and her household by spending so much quality time together. The example of loving kindness extended by Paul and the others as well as the loving response by Lydia and her household, brought long-term results. Later in the book of Acts we learn that the Word of God grew mightily in the lives of disciples like Lydia and they had a great impact in their communities. (Oh, I see – it’s about obeying and outreach! There’s no other motive to do good than to obey your leadership and bring more money to twi)

Acts 19:20

The following verses chosen by ms w*ll*ce set forth basic categories that the 1st century believers continued steadfastly in and the results that they enjoyed as a result. Continuing in these categories will also help us to do good and to develop mutual respect for one another in the household. Our personal lives, says she, will be enhanced, as will the lives of fellow disciples and those others around us.

Acts 2:42-46 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine….all things in common….eat their meat….singleness of heart. (….’s are mine – the whole section is quoted)

A vital key to doing tood to others is continuing steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine, which involves studying and living the Word. THis helps us to be refreshed and sharp on the word and live graciously with others in the household. As Eph 4:32 says, we deal kindly with each other in the household. (THIS IS A BIG CHANGE…Actually, it’s the same we just smile while we tear each other down now with our newly acquired southern accents.) Is it me or is this article totally skipping the “doing good to all men” part of the verse that the title of the article claims to be about?

Fellowshipping daily with one another gives us the opportunity to bless one another with the swettness of the Word and to strengthen ourselves as we continue to stand for God. (What does this have to do with “doing good”?) Another aspect of fellowship is breaking of bread together…..As we eat together in our families and our household fellowships or other ministry gatherings we can certainly bond together, learn, fully share and build our believing. What a great opportunitie to bless one another! (Gag me!!)

Another action we can take to do good and bring blessings and benefits to others is to pray….speaking in tongues, perfect prayer, is one form of prayer…… Eph 6:18 quoted

We can also pray with our understanding and this form of prayer when backed up with the knowledge and accuracy of the word, brings believing results. (so if I pray, but I don’t have any knowledge of the word, but I pour my igernant heart out to God anyway, does this mean I’m not going to get any results?????

James 5:16 ….effectual fervent prayer….

Praying and believing to see needs met is a tremendous resource that is available in our household fellowships around the world. We can see how these two forms of prayer are so important to continuing steadfastly in the Word and brining the goodness of God into concretion in our lives and the lives of others.

One result of continuing steadfastly, says she, is in plurality giving of that which is beyond one’s need (You KNEW it was coming, didn’t you??? EVERY ARTICLE must have somehting about outreach and something about giving – it’s a law.)

Acts 2:45 shows us how the believers gave of their possessions and goods for the benefit of the outreach of the word she says….(I thought it said “as every man had need” which has nothing to do with the outreach of God’s word, but meeting the needs of people physically.)

2 Cor 9:6

But this I say…soweth sparingly….reap bountifully….

My mother taught me to brighten others days by just giving a little smile, she says. When we give of our abundance, our talents and our abilities in the household we not only receive back in abundance, we help unify the disciples and build hearts of believing. In Col. 2 it is expressed by Paul of his care and concern for the household to be united in love.

Col 2:2&3

Now we will see other specific ways we can do good because in Gal 6:10 we see that we give our best to the household – our love, time and attention – the best of these things go to the household.

Gal 6:2 – bear ye one another’s burdens….

We love one another by using our strengths to help others whenever we can. Its in viwing ourselves and others in light of the word and in living to serve that we help others grow and mature in their walk. We encourage disciples in their development.

Because each and every person in the household is unique, at times being especially good to one another may seem like a challenge but the word tells us to not be weary in helping. Gal 6:9

The reward for loving others in this manner is enourmous. God encourages us to keep giving and helping and serving others because when we do so we reap rewards for now and throughout all eternity. Learning the word gave me the knowledge to truly help others in life’s difficulties. As we serve others the greatness of God’s Word, one of the benefits to us is a magnificent household to fellowship with now and eternally, she says. (Let’s not DO anything, because quoting scriptures is enough. And, look around you because, well, these are the only people who are going to be in heaven with you – this is GOD’S HOUSEHOLD.)

Eph 4:32

The word “kind” according to Young means useful or beneficial. The Amplified version says to be useful and helpful and kind…. In our conversations with others we can be kind by speaking God’s word that applies to their particular situation.

(are you sick yet???? I’m still waiting for the DO GOOD part and the TO ALL MEN part of this article)

Calling Fellow disciples during the day is a way to do good. (Yes, that’s it calling people at work while they are on someone else’s time to quote more scriptures to them – that’s DOING GOOD!!) Maybe we can’t visit face to face but we can dial the phone and visit. Make sure they are all right, asking if they need anything and sharing what you read in the word that day are all good topics. (I’ve been reading this cr*p too long ! If they need something you can then quote them the verses on believing to get what it is you need in answer to your prayer.) This is a wonderful way to help and serve one another. The phone is very helpful to mothers who are at home with young children.

Keeping our homes decent and in order is another way to do good to others. (WHAT THE????) When she was growing up she learned how important it is to have a home decent and in order so that it is a haven for others.

1 Cor 14:40

In our household fellowships, the environment of our homes is ameans of helping the believers receive the word most readily. Having our homes in order blesses both those who visit and those that live there.

Rom 12:13 Distributing to the necessity of the stains……….

This shows that every single believer is to be “given to hospitatlity” and the book of Titus describes a leader as a lover of hospitality. Tit 1:8

A lover of hospitality is one who loves to be hospitable (gee, thanks for that clear explanation, ms w*ll*c*) How do we extend hospitality to others? The first thing we do is love each other with the love of God….it’s a joy to visit with a disciple in their home and to be able to fellowship and speak the word with each other.

Often a discple has the oppportunity to house other disciples attending a region or state meeting or one of our ministry classes out of the local area. This type of fellowship builds the mutual respect and love in the household.

We have seen many benefits of doing good to all. (we have? I’ve only seen the “IN THE HOUSEHOLD” context of doing speaking twi(t) propaganda in this article. Did I miss something???) Enjoying fellowship within the household and seeing God work in us and others makes life sweeter and more meaningufl. Also, humble people like Lydia will believe and be added to the household as we liave the word and reach out with the rightly divided accuracy of it.

Just learning to smile and maintaining a positive attitude helped open doors for her to assist her friends and each of us can continue to do good to all, seeing door of service open for the household believers to bless others with the truth we know.

They still haven't learned how to step outside of "the household" in order to do good works.

Of course, smiling and maintaining a positive attitude is all you have to do to "bless" someone.

I'm really looking forward to the re-make of "The Stepford Wives".

quote:
it’s a joy to visit with a disciple in their home and to be able to fellowship and speak the word with each other.

Only the extremely warped call white-gloving peoples homes A JOY

Oh please come visit my cabin in the woods..... don't pack........ you won't be needing any thing where I'll send ya!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Edited by Guest

Doesn't matter WHAT subject they cover-each article is just variations

on the same few things....

A) we're supposed to circle the wagons in the household,

f* everyone else

B) we're supposed to give money to the organization

C) we're supposed to do whatever the boss tells us to do

D) tack on a few terms like "promised land", "prevailing",

"prevailing in the household", "prevailing household", etc.

Doesn't matter what the subject is. Work those in, stir, and you've got

a waymag article.

Anybody remember "gmir"? Didn't there actually used to be information

in there once, and not just a handful of buzzwords?

This woman knows absolutely NOTHING about "doing good" to the household.

She is a gutless wonder of a weak-minded low life who couldn't stand up for the truth if it picked her up by the collar.

Example:

When this couple moved to Cleveland, before I even met them, I arranged for them to have a key to my home, sight unseen, so they would have a place to "land" when they hit town, even though I wouldn't be home until several hours after they arrived-- I had previously promised a dying believer I would be there with her for her first chemotherapy treatment.

When I got home, only J*se*hine was there with her daughter, (who at the time I had found actually inside the rabbit cage in the back yard). After introducting myself, the very first thing I did was inform her of a particular medication my daughter needed to take-- because I knew that is what was expected of me. I told her my former Limb Coordinator also knew and had told me that if that is what her doctor felt she needed, then maybe I should listen to the doctor. She thanked me for telling her and said she understood why it was prescribed. Then we went on to discuss other pressing matters of "ministry business."

A couple of months later while talking to M*rK on the phone, I mentioned purchasing the medication my daughter was on, and he went ballistic. He screamed at me and wanted to know why I never informed him.

I told him I had informed his wife the very first day and moment I met her. I suppose this embarassed him. Significantly, because it highlighted a lack of communication between the two of them. From that moment on, W*ll*ce had it in for me.

Several months after that, in an inquisition with the clergy in Ohio (The same one in which L*rry* P*n*r*ll*'s wife C*nn*e said that my ankle had not healed because my husband didn't love me enough) M*rk W*ll*ce angrily accused us in front of the clergy for the strangest things in order to justify our removal from The Way Corps. But this one illustrates J*s*ph*ne's spineless dishonesty:

Ma*k W*ll*ce, in this inquisition with the P*n*r*llos and the state clergy, accused me of HIDING THE FACT MY DAUGHTER WAS ON MEDICATION. He railed on me for about a good half hour about it.

I sat there the entire time staring at J*sep*ine, waiting for her to speak up and tell everyone in the room that I had in fact spoken to her immediately about it.

Instead, J*sep*ine sat there looking down at her hands in her lap. She couldnt bear to look me in they eye while those accusations were being made. I just silently stared at her the entire time, waiting for her to look up and catch her gaze. She refused to look at me.

Such a friggin WUSS. I got the sense she is afraid of her husband. Maybe he is abusive to her privately, I don't know. I DO know he is abusive to others publicly.

But his woman had no guts to stand up and tell the truth. Where was her "goodness" on that day? Where was her commitment to truth, to honesty, to integrity?

She has no idea what any of those things are.

Then when I told the inquisition that I had informed Josephine, other clergy stepped in and began to call me a liar. Every time I would nail them on stuff, they would change the subject or become infuriated that I had challenged them.

Then when I told them my former Limb Coordinator had supported my decision, they tried for a good 45 minutes to twist my words when I quoted him. They were trying to get me to say he said something I know he did not say and I refused. I know now they were looking for ammunition to use against him, because later they threw him out as well.

Other reasons they tossed us out of The Corpse:

We had "chapped P*nar*llo's @$$" because my husband had dared to answer a question posed to him by other Way Corps people who were preparing presentations on the Star of Bethlehem... not that he gave the wrong answer, but that he did not refer them to P*nare**o in order to get it.

They were upset that when my husband was invited by Cleveland's Natural Museum to do a presentation in their planetarium that "guests" from Rome City were not publicly introduced (They WERE privately introduced to the curator after the program). --It was the Museum's gig, not ours....we didn't tell them how to run a show my husband was a guest speaker in....

They were apparently upset also that at the HoHo party for the Way Corps, that my daughter showed up in a dress that was bought at (gasp!) K-MART, and that my husband had bought it instead of me. Hell, I trusted my husband to do it, thought it looked nice and was appropriate for what everyone else wore... black velvet knee length skirt with a white silk top and pink waist ribbon....

These people know NOTHING about honesty, integrity, truth, and especially goodness...

Edited by Catcup

Oh, yes, lets talk some more about doing good and blessing the household.

The last fellowship I attended, when I decided I would not ever return:

Jos*ph*ne ran the meeting and her right hand bitch taught on how to nail evil where you find it....

This chick used this incident to illustrate her point. She turned in a little old lady who lived in the same apartment building for having a cat when it was not in her lease. --AND WAS PROUD OF IT!!!!!

However, it did not bother this chick to cut our hair in her apartment and charge us money, even though her lease said she could not run a business out of her home.

When she used that incident in her teaching, my 11 year old daughter and I looked at each other and were appalled at the hypocrisy and cruelty of this chick and the woman who endorsed such a thing---J*se*hine.

J*se*phine also has no sense of overstepping parental bounds. After I had forbidden my daughter from taking any more candy out of a dish, she contradicted me right in front of my daughter and said she could have as much as she wanted.

I left that night and informed my daughter we would never attend another Way function. The people were too corrupt and had no sense of responsibility, decency, humanity, equity, or ethics.

Jos*ph*ne teaching on goodness?

That's like letting Hitler speak about tolerance.

Edited by Catcup

Turn the lady in about the cat then operate a business out of her apartment...

I swear, if these people are the prime example of what it means to be a Christian, I'd rather go to hell.

But they are not. They are counterfeit. They are hypocrits. They are disgusting. I am so happy to not have ever met them.

YUCK! anim-smile-blue.gif

You know, just when I think I've heard every moronic thing these people did, I get surprised. There's always one more thing that's just floors me.

What possible freaking reason was there for any twi "leader" to know what medication anybody was taking? Why on God's earth would that be any of their business whatsoever?

Did any of them ever stop and think, "Maybe I really don't need to know this?" I guess that's giving them too much credit. That would involve actually having to think for yourself.

Sheesh.

That's what I was wondering. What was the big deal if your daughter was on medication? Why was it their business? And why the big huge deal over who you told and when and who told who.

Geeeesh! Glad I got out in '88.

And I agree with the above - WACKOS!!!!!!

Any Catcup, you go girl. I love your recountings.

I guess Jesus should have turned that lady over to be stoned for adultry, so he could "nail evil where he found it". icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Oh no wait adultry is OK, I forgot.

How's about some of you Christian folk come up with some biblical examples of where "believers" did good to the average person who wasn't going to believe or where it wasn't a benifit to the believer or a control trip.....to show the innie lurkers what it is REALLY talking about.

I might be interested too.

I love these retarded WayRag articles, they are sooooo deep. lol

It's Still The Word,

quote:
I wonder if they announce over the PA system at HQ:

... "Its medication time."

I'm giggling here icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I can just hear it ... a soft stepford voice comes over the intercom system ... with that soft 'ding' at the beginning to get your attention with soul zapping WAYMUZAK playing in the background. Then a woman's voice announces oh so softly,

"Attention all followers, it's time for your medication. Please meet at the front foyer of the Outreach Services Center for your daily dosage. God Bless You and thank you for working at The Way ... there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like ..."

then it fades into the sounds of birds chirpin', bees buzzin' and lonely loon calls in the distance.

How they found out where the dress came from and who bought it? Ch*ryl W*ts*n, Way Corps fashion plate of Akron who was always asking "Where did you buy that and how much did you pay," thought I had paid a lot of dough at some expensive store. She asked me and I told her. I am assuming she mentioned it to either P*n*rello or W*ll*ce and that's how they found out.

Not much I did ever pleased Ch*r*l. She (and the W*ll*ces) felt I wasn't taking the advice of the household when I told her I didn't want to go on her rice diet (eat nothing but rice for several weeks!) because I was already following a well-balanced one my doctor had given me.

While the P*n*rell*s felt my ankle wasn't healing because my husband didn't love me enough, Ch*r*l and the W*ll*ces felt if I only would lose weight, my ankle would heal-- that's the injury I got when I fell into an uncovered unmarked trench during ROA 95 and was prevented from seeking professional medical attention for several hours before being allowed to go to the hospital. (It was misdiagnosed as a sprain when it was actually broken).

Ch*r*l dropped off a stationary bicycle at my house and the W*ll*ces insisted I use it to lose weight and "rehab" my broken ankle, even after I told them I was reluctant to use it without medical advice. Being a good little Corpse person that I was and not wanting to appear disobedient, I tried to use the stationary bicycle.

Much later I found that their insistance for me to do this actually was the cause for a later surgery I had to have, to remove countless splinters of bone that had been ground into the surrounding tissue using that bike, before the break had been properly diagnosed and treated. The surgeon told me in recovery that he "picked out as much bone as he could" but there were so many pieces of tiny shattered bone that he could not get them all.

And as for telling them about medication? Why, for the ministry to be able to move into the land of milk and honey, the land of the prevailing household, to cross over into their "promised land," there could be "no feeble knee among them." So the hunt was on for anyone who might be holding them back from their "goal". If you were sick, or hurt, buddy you were the problem, you were holding back the entire ministry, and you were not "living sanctified."

In other words, if you had any kind, and I mean any kind of illness or physical abnormalty, you were immediately suspect

You were expected to be up front and honest about every little thing going on. If they found out anything you had not told them about, they would hold that up as proof of your dishonesty and unfitness to be allowed to remain within the precious boundaries of their household.

BTW, speaking of dishonesty and with holding the truth, the Way Corps were told they had to be totally debt free by ROA 95 if they wanted to remain Corps. The W*ts*ns were NOT debt free, still owned property they were trying desperately to sell even after the ROA, and conspired with other believers to sell their property and NOT TELL the W*ll*ces... oh, but we just don't apply our standards evenly, do we?

Edited by Catcup

I have to tell you another part of this inquisition meeting to illustrate the back door politicking and underhanded schemes and lies that occur when people in TWI want to get rid of someone, and they can't find a legitimate reason.

Before the inquisition began, after the teaching and during a break, I was in the dining room looking out the window when I overheard a conversation on the basement stairs behind me. It was M*rK W*ll*ce and L*rr* P*n*r*ll*, discussing my husband and myself. M*rk said, "The Nessles have to go." And L*rry said, "I'll back you up on whatever you say."

Then as soon as the break was over and all the Corps were assembled for the inquisition, L*rr* opened the meeting by saying that they had not yet determined our status and that "Nothing is a foregone conclusion."

I knew immediately I was dealing with a basket of snakes.

What big f***ing liars they are.

These people, M*r* and J*s*ph*ne W*ll*ce, the P*n*r*ll*s, and the W*ts*ns, who could not stand us, and were jealous of and intimidated by my husband and I, could not find any genuine flaw and legitimate reason to dismiss us from The Way Corps, so they came up with anything they could to do it, and this is what they came up with.

***L*rr* was insulted that my husband answered questions other Way Corps came up and asked him about biblical astronomy, instead of telling them to ask L*rry?

***They thought that in a public event run by the Cleveland Museum of Natural History, we should have had prayer, manifestations, and introduced guests, even though my husband was an invited guest speaker to an event The Way International did neither sponsor nor control?

***My ankle didn't heal because my husband doesn't love me enough?

***My ankle didn't heal because I wasn't following Ch*r*l's rice diet?

***They didn't like my daughter's dress because my husband bought it at K Mart?

Oh, yeah, and...

***My husband didn't "have a passion for the truth."

Uh, yeah, that's why.

Edited by Catcup

When I talked to my still-in brother in law about how dishonestly we had been handled by the P*n*r*ll*s, he proudly pointed out that they no longer are in The Way Ministry.

But what I want to know is:

How come M*rK and J*sePh*ne W*ll*ce are still allowed to be in TWI and serve as REGION COORDINATORS?

These are people who do NOT have good communication between themselves concerning apparently very important ministry business.

J*seph*ne obviously has no sense of taking personal responsibility for her own actions, nor does she understand the boundaries involving parental instruction.

She also has no ability to judge ethics with regards to whom she allows to teach in her fellowship or ability to comprehend inequities and hypocrisy when it's right under her nose. But then again, I am told that most people are not offended by the smell of their own fecal matter.

M*rk W*ll*ce desperately did everything he could from 1995 to 1997 to get me to leave my husband, to whom I had been married for several decades, for no other concrete reason than "he does not have a passion for the truth."

This is a man who insisted I threaten a believer with "Who do you want next in your family to die!" when the poor widowed man wanted to continue to allow his stepdaughter to see her unbelieving grandmother.

This is a man who screamed at the top of his lungs, loud enough for my little daughter to hear, that if we left The Way Ministry, my husband would die, I would be crippled, and my daughter would go insane.

These are people who will lie through their teeth and threaten people with DEATH to accomplish their goals, and don't care how many lives they destroy in the process.

But I suppose to succeed at being a region coordinator for The Way International, Machiavelian traits are a high priority.

These are people The Way International is proud to say represent them and their interests to that region. They are proud to use your abundant sharing and their magazine to support people who lie,gutstrip, and destroy innocent families in order to look good to their superiors.

You innies that still pay a cursed dime to that organization, are you outraged that your abundant sharing supports these people?

You should be.

I am still astounded by these things. Just unfreakinbelievable. How perverse. How could TWI become so totally the opposite of what God's Word really says, meanwhile claiming to be oh so holy.

How can anybody even be in this anymore? Even if they're being "nicer" now.

Originally posted by Catcup:

You innies that still pay a cursed dime to that organization, are you outraged that your abundant sharing supports these people?

QUOTE]

I am outraged that I ever gave them anything.

It is also certain that the TWI ministers do not do the works of Jesus Christ, let alone the greater works.