GreaseSpot Cafe

Was your nametag really indicative of your faithfulness to God?

Hills Bro

I respect you for your commitment to seek answers but I have come to a place where I believe the more nametags you possessed in TWI...the higher up the Way tree caste system you got ..the greater your commitment was to VP rather than to God. Sure I agree you wanted to know God and sought answers but because VP was a deceptive con artist he used you for his personal gain. I am sad to see how VPs greed and quest for power used you and abused you but its time to throw away your nametags and see the destructive results of the Way Corps Program and its fallacious promises. Your were snookered to believe that you were better than someone else by the amount of scripture you knew and how much of that scripture you could throw in someones face to belittle and degrade. It was a disgrace how the truth of the scriptures was used to promote a lie and hurt so many people.

Its amazing how long my chocolate lab below can go without taking a dump. he keeps going and going and going...better feed him some science diet eh. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only had a couple of nametags, and they are long gone. No idea what happened to them.

I hear what you are saying though -- the more nametags, the more events, etc. you went through -- and were "more spiritual" than those who had less tags than you. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Hills, I have a whole box full of nametags ranging from WOW (those funny round ones) to Way Corps, to Way of Abundance and Power Advanced Class.

I would never get rid of them because they remind me of all the great people I met through the years and all the fun times I had.

the more nametags you possessed in TWI...the higher up the Way tree caste system you got ..the greater your commitment was to VP rather than to God.

That is your opinion but is is absolutely not true concerning me and a few others I knew.

However, I think I know what you are trying to say.

My statement would be: "the more nametags you possessed in TWI...the more holes you had in your clothing."

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

quote:
Originally posted by igotout:

Hills, I have a whole box full of nametags ranging from WOW (those funny round ones) to Way Corps, to Way of Abundance and Power Advanced Class.

I would never get rid of them because they remind me of all the great people I met through the years and all the fun times I had.

_the more nametags you possessed in TWI...the higher up the Way tree caste system you got ..the greater your commitment was to VP rather than to God._

That is your opinion but is is absolutely not true concerning me and a few others I knew.

However, I think I know what you are trying to say.

My statement would be: "the more nametags you possessed in TWI...the more holes you had in your clothing."

http://bayareawindow.com/johnr/GreaseSpot/.../NametagPin.jpg icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

So much for your in-depth spiritual perception and awareness!

If you were REALLY spiritual, you would have EXACTLY THREE holes in your jacket

or shirt.

One on the left for a Holy Spirit Dove pin or WOW pin,

two on the right for a nametag.

If you had skillz, you could poke them thru the same holes each time.

Especially since, with all the "material abundance" we were promised from

"Christians Should Be Prosperous", we didn't have too many "nice" clothes, so

the same meetings meant the same outfits....

I think people put a big name on nametags. I remember being at an ROA with my advanced class name tag. I was young when I got in twi and young when I took the ac. I passed by a woman on my way to the big top bozo tent and heard her saying "Wow, she took the advanced class before I even took the foundational class." I remembered at the time thinking that was ridiculous. She should have thanked her lucky stars she didn't get involved in that cult earlier. I would have been out by then if I were smarter then.

quote:

John, I agree with your assessment. A lot of that is one's own opinion.

If I go get a meal at McDonald's, is McDonald's using me for their own personal financial gain? I guess so, if you look at it that way. But I did receive a delicious Big Mac and fries in return.

It was one's own choice to go there, to eat of their food, and if you didn't like it, never to return.

HI all,

Nah, my nametag was just a reminder of the carrot-before-the-horse method of TWI. You would really learn spiritual matters if you take PFAL...the intermediate class...the advanced class...go WOW...go Corps.

I finally got to Corps, though it wasn't my preference (precisely because I didn't want to be known by a nametag!). After a year, I still didn't feel any more knowledgeable spiritually, and caught myself thinking, "Maybe getting ordained is where you learn all the heavy revvy stuff..."

That's about the time I got a clue. Nobody at the top level was as spiritual as they were trying to get us to believe.

Regards,

Shaz

shazdancer,

Well said! I dropped out after I graduated from the corps. Carrot befor the horse is way to correct. It seemed like a mirage. It looked like water from a distance but the closer you got to the promise, it would just disapate or disapear and your thirst was never quenched. The promise was always at the next higher level.

An interesting thought for food is why did we feel it necessary to go beyond PFAL...

We learn in PFAL we're God's beloved, we're loaded with all the power of God, sealed with holy spirit, heaven bound, and all hell can't stop us from going...

That's not enough? look what happened, we want more than that?

Maybe it's because we still weren't satisfied with the goodness of God's food and benefits, and had to feed our own selfish egos with worldly prizes?

Advances class, Corps, Ordination = a little worldly recognition?

quote:
Originally posted by oldiesman:

An interesting thought for food is why did we feel it necessary to go beyond PFAL...

We learn in PFAL we're God's beloved, we're loaded with all the power of God, sealed with holy spirit, heaven bound, and all hell can't stop us from going...

Maybe it's because we still weren't satisfied with the goodness of God's food and benefits, and had to feed our own selfish egos with worldly prizes?

======================

Agreed, I think that's how it started....

Would it have been so hard to lay down one of the famous "holy edicts"

as soon as it was spotted, rather than utilized as a tool to

convince people to climb the ladder a little higher?

OTHER organizations (NON-CHRISTIAN organizations, even) have no difficulty

keeping members from ascribing additional "rank" amongst themselves by adding

symbols....even the young and impressionable ones who are college-age like

twi used to target...

It's funny how twi always INSISTED that we wear those damn name tags. It was a no brainer, even at the time, that the name tag was nothing more than an ego feeder and a cause for division. The "haves" and the "have nots".

I believe that the entire "cast system" of twi was represented by those damn name tags. Everyone got to see at what level of the tree you had climbed by reading the tag. I guess because there was a total lack in real spiritual maturity, ther had to be SOMETHING in which to gauge how high you had climbed the tree. If the vessel is empty inside, you have to "spruce up" the outside for appearances sake.

OM said:

quote:

Maybe it's because TWI needed continuous cashflow...

Oh sheesh, Oldies, that was not how I felt about it at all! (I thought I just said that.)

Lordy, was I the only one in TWI that truly wanted to help others by having a greater spiritual knowledge? I think not.

The only thing that kept that nametag poking holes in my blouse was that VP said we needed to wear them. It was his caste system, not mine.

Shaz

quote:
... and JUST when you needed the power ... it wasn't there ...

Where is your BELIEVING???? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL That's all it takes. Be like the frog who fell in the the cream. Keep moving until you turn that cream into butter.....

Promises made by that darn cult, and I condemned myself for so many years icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

quote:
Be like the frog who fell in the the cream. Keep moving until you turn that cream into butter.....
well i'll be darned, ya learn somethin every day ! ha ha ha ha ha ha i think i like that better than lemons into lemonade !!!!!!

--

i'm with shaz and others. i was told from about day 1 from my undershepherders, if you REALLY want to walk with god dah dah dah.... take this class.... go out wowzer.... go in the corps....

you keep doing these things wondering when you'll finally "see it" and then after a while you're so frikkin beaten down you think it's normal to feel like sheeeet and you kinda forgot all about your original desire

I once asked my LC why we wore AC nametags instead of the "white sticker and black magic marker" kind that newbies wore. "Why, it inspires them to get to the AC so they can have their own." ???? No kidding. True story.

Wonder if you can buy TWI nametags on E-bay? It would be cheaper than taking all the classes. Heeheeheehee

JT

quote:
Originally posted by UncleHairy:

It's funny how twi always INSISTED that we wear those damn name tags. It was a no brainer, even at the time, that the name tag was nothing more than an ego feeder and a cause for division. The "haves" and the "have nots".

I believe that the entire "cast system" of twi was represented by those damn name tags. Everyone got to see at what level of the tree you had climbed by reading the tag. I guess because there was a total lack in real spiritual maturity, ther had to be SOMETHING in which to gauge how high you had climbed the tree. If the vessel is empty inside, you have to "spruce up" the outside for appearances sake.

I thought this about summed it up for me.