GreaseSpot Cafe

Was your nametag really indicative of your faithfulness to God?

Hills Bro

As to nametags, by the early 90s I had a drawer of them. Life seemed to not be much different with that extra 1/2 oz of plastic.

It was good, IMO, that I lived out in the boonies. Most name tags thought we were too small potatoes to come see us. Sounds like we didn't miss much.

JT

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Also, could we make a gettogether at a resturaunt or coffee shop our own little 'GS' rock?

Danteh1 -- the Weenie roast is just that, but will be at a state park, not a coffee shop.

Don't think it will be called the rock. This gathering is more about WATER! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

And nametags would only help the "friendly rangers". icon_frown.gif:(-->

Well Hills my wife's name tag got me to purcahse a teaching tape on possesion because seems the guy at the book store at a ROA with me just having my wow name tag (and hey I was a 2 timer wow too !) NO RESPECT I got cause I took my time getting around taking the advanced class years later and dam you should have seen his face when my wife ended up buying the tape for me and this guy who had his Corp name tag on realised we were married and yeah the the name tag sure was indicative in his eyes ! sheeesh Should have borrowed a Corp name tag eh ? Too all you ex way corp on here no offence except if you were the one working the counter that day ! icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> ok I'll forgive ya ! icon_smile.gif:)--> It was a way comical moment too like many others ! I should write a book !!!!!

Tom, You are serious right ? lmao No prob now ! Too funny and here I thought maybe you were starting a National Enquirer Gossip column on gs ! Maybe I've passed that pipe too many times your way lately ? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Edited by dougie73

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Strange:

maybe so... just a misunderstanding... that's all...

Tom to quote a few lines from a song I love "Everything is cool now yeah every thing is ok" I do know very well on here misunderstandings happen and I do know too you are a genuine person who gives me and I know others on here a nice dose of medicine with that laugher you inject. Too much pain out there and for that medicine ? I thank you and if I make the weenie roast I look forward to meeting you and sharing a laugh !!!!!! . icon_smile.gif:)--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_cool.gifp.s. We can maybe wear our name tags too ?

Tom You are Forgiven : )

it is SO easy to misunderstand eachother in here. Over 90% of communication IS "non verbal"...so not being able to SEE eachother...not being able to HEAR eachother's tone of voice...Forgiveness is even MORE important. Being Kind and Tenderhearted : )

This is a wonderful place to keep in touch with other wonderful Believers. A neat place to connect...reconnect : ) I take it all with a grain of salt : )

No Worries : )

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Strange:

cool... look forward to it... no bogarting allowed though!

NO NO NO i CAN'T BOGART NO MORE ? OK ! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> If I do come, I will burn all my TWI nametags in a campfire ! JUst to watch those cool flames it will make ! icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif:D-->

My nametag was more faithful than I was.

I quit TWI even though it still says I'm in.

The magnet backed tags were the best.

I sure got tired of the holes in my shirts and

jackets.

What is with the right side placement?

Which lawgiver came up with that edict?

Get out now before your nametag is revoked by God

• 2 years later...

Yes, it was your name tag on the right side so that when you shook hands (with the right hand of fellowship :blink: ), people would look at your name tag. Whatever!!! Who made up that crock. I never once met a man who looked at my name tag. They were looking below the nametag....... :confused::confused::confused: