GreaseSpot Cafe

Top 10 Most Boring things about TWI

JustThinking

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about any of the goddam classes?

Who the heII REALLY wants to spend their entire farking weekend in a musty church basement listening to some talking head blather on about tenses of verbs, arcane readings from some hitherto unheard-of document, or dubious accounts of Godly intervention?

What WUZ the draw of WayWorld, anyway? (I vainly ask myself for the umpteenth time)...

Did anybody mention writing sponsors letters once a month?

"Dear Spiritual Partner,

I'm really getting blessed...I'm really learning alot...I'm really seeing the family...I'm really seeing the greatness of the Word...I'm really believing God for a new pair of size 11 cowboy boots...And a size 40 blue(100%wool)suit...and a box of cookies in the mail..."

You got eet, ex. Fatness for Loving. I had done forgat. And you are correct about our Bishop of the 9th.

I really blessed Simonize has opened up and shared some of his beauteeful heart with us.

Boring was listening to Lenny sharing in the sonlight room, or ANY room for that matter. I just wanted to git the EFF OUT !!! Let mah people go !!!!!!!!!!

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> So Funny, you guys. You were NEVER boring, and I thank you for that. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Work was terribly boring sometimes. Especially when we would vacuum clean rugs everyday or dust clean surfaces or wash clean windows to fill in our time.

Hmmm. Hundreds of workers to maintain 40 acres.

Did anyone else like to do "Father counting" during prayers?

Some of our prayers had more fathers than the Vatican.

"Father I just want to thank you Father for your love for us Father. And Father I thank you for your Word, Father, for your grace, Father and your peace reigning in our lives Father..."

PFAL was a snore even the first time around.

And for those who took the audio only class it

was especially boring. VPW sounded corny, his

jokes were horrible, and the forced, insincere laughter by the grads was creepy.

Of course once I sat in on the class as a grad I too was pressured into laughing at all the jokes to make sure that the students were into it. At one session I guess I wasn't laughing

enough and got pulled off to the side during

break and was reproved for not being "into it".

I had only worked my tail off that week and was operating on like 4 hours of sleep so its a miracle that I didn't fall out of the chair. Of course this was not a valid excuse.

One of the PFAL sessions is shorter than the

rest - I can't remember which one but if the

class leader was cool then everybody got to go

home early. If he/she wasn't then you actually

went home later since they took the opportunity

to add in extra teachings. That sucked so bad-

PEople just wanted to go home and rest and you had to hear some class leader do his best VPW

imitation....

For Me:

10. Corps nite 1&2 Thessalonians.

9. Sanding desk 4-hrs a day and getting them preped for painting.

8. Eng.101... I flunked.

7. "VeePee and Me". Where LCM Sucks up and believes his experiance with VeePee is a burning bush moment.

6. Listening to Walter Cummins teach "Figures of Speech" or "Greek". I can't even master the English language.

5. Stringing chairs and setting tables for meals. AAAArrrrrggggg.

4. "Who has somthing burning on there hearts, please raise your hand". It's damn near mid-night and at this point your a psycopath for sleep.

3. Cleaning someone else's home. And being reminded to do all things with the "Love of God" and the "Renewed mind".

2. "PFAL 77" to promote PFAL. Yikes.

1.TAPES,TAPES,TAPES,TAPES...and more TAPES. I hate tapes. SNS,Victorious Living...etc. I can't even listen to autio books after TWI. Maybe i'm ADHD or ADD or a combo but I hate TAPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jus sos ya'll know I don't joke about everthin'

I had one work assignment where for 2 weeks I did nothing all afternoon but brush the outside of Kenyon auditorium, which was made of some stone-like material, with a steel wired brush. And it wasn't even dirty or in need of cleaning, so I couldn't tell where I left off the day before. And guess who the father just blessed my socks off to be working with?? Good ile' Harve. Of course, back in those days, I called him Harvey. I just thank you father for just knowing how frail I am, father, as just a human, just thank you father for forgiving my lack of just respect and just recompense.

These anal-retentive tasks all of us in the corps went through were very similar to "shadowing" the "leaders"; paying close attention to the slightest movement, the faintest inflection of their voice, for surely THEY were walking with God. And that distant look they got in their eyes, why, God Almighty MUST be shewing them the 7th heaven & earth (that, or they were concentrating on some cute corps gal who could show them the earthly 7th heaven - gee, I wonder how VP got that analogy ...).

Oh, yes. God hath reminded me of my 1st year in res, where I, along with a few other super-blessed corps, were blessed to be allowed to move the more than abundant life metal bed racks and springs from the pool in Allen gym to various locations on campus. I witnessed to those bed springs, asking God for much fertility to take place because of my effectual fervent prayer, except in the case where the springs supported non-married corps. That was hard for me to ask of God, to only allow married couples to get pregnant. Oh, crap!!! I just thought of something!!! I didn't specify that also, these married corps had to be married TO EACH OTHER !!! I wonder if ...

How about sitting around after meals at Emporia, while we waited for words of wisdom from the head table.

sitting and waiting, sometimes hanging spoons from our noses......

Then at last, the pearls of wisdom and knowledge were bestowed upon our eager ears.

Ha, Tom! You have must have a gift ministry of "repetitio" for bringing our minds back (waaaaay back) to 'da verd of gawd'.

Shadowing, ha!

God...I shadowed our then Trunk leader, Vince, one day. I sat in front of his desk, took detailed notes on everything, etc. How weird and stupid was I, as well as Vince, for allowing that?

Did I really do that or was I in a dream-like state? (Actually, I think I just wanted to get out of work that day.)

Household fellowship teachings were deadly boring.

One HF was a regurgitated Way Mag Article--current Way Mag--, the next a regurge of the Sunday night Service tape(most recent,) the third a segment from Craig's class.

'As we stand in the Household and follow our leadership . . . blah de blah de blah.'

Thanks Exie...

Remember the Bible song? B-I-B-L-E, that's the book for me!...

Usually reserved for children but we were adults doing maniacal stupid motion to devotion things with it.

Ohhhh...WAY,Way, Way, Way Tree...

Why don't you set me free?

I abundantly share, but you don't care...

This ain't the place for me...

The leaders are obscessed...

They think I am possessed...

The chairs were crooked in PFAL class

I really gave a rat's ***...

They chewed me out from ear to ear...

And I repeated my Apprentice year.

My last year I decided not to linger.

My last motion to devotion was a middle finger.

Amen.

Listening to somebody read a chapter from the blue green book or what ever book and call that a teaching.

Hearing the same old phrases used to describe

TWI things. Like nobody had any imagination

or command of the english language to reword the obvious.

Get out now before you die of controlled boredom

quote:
Originally posted by fortunateone:

Listening to somebody read a chapter from the blue green book or what ever book and call that a teaching.

Heh, the worst is when they would have kids do it. The kids would barely be old enough to read as it is, and they would be scared of being reproved, so they would slowly and painfully stutter their way through a few pages while the parent glared at them and would get frustrated whenever the kid messed up a word like "manifestation." Fortunately, I only had to sit through a few of those.