GreaseSpot Cafe

Top 10 Most Boring things about TWI

JustThinking

Exie made the suggestion to do a top 10 list in the "Phone Hookup Shenanigans" thread. Now we want to do what's "Best" so please list 'em here.

My vote:

#10 Stuck watching an entire video of a TWI service including the songs at the beginning. For good measure, I'll throw in clapping for a RECORDING of a rev walking on stage! A freakin' recording! Ugh.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5. Graveyard shift of Bless Patrol - anywhere, even the ROA (unless I was with someone I liked to hang out with, but most of the time I was alone).

4. Pat Saunders' "English" class in-rez (sorry, Pat, it was mind-numbing).

3. Any "24 hours of prayer" vigil - don't care for what or whom - most of the time I prayed for 5 minutes and either slept or spaced out for the other 55 minutes.

Did any of you have to go to someone's house in the middle of the night for your "hour of prayer" assignment? When I was in one area, we couldn't stay home to pray - guess they couldn't trust us to wake up!

2. Any "scheduled" party or event where everything was planned down to the tiniest detail and no room was left for any spontaneity or inspiration.

1. And the number one most boring thing about TWI.... Any teaching by Don Wierwille!!!

my top ten

1. the class. I am sorry, but doc would go on and on and on beating a point to death. I got the idea around the first five minutes of a session and then fought off sleep for the rest.

2. door to door - a truly useless exercise

3. bless patrol - at least for me it was being shoved off into a corner at ROA

4. Anytime doc taught-really I learned more from the books than any film strip, film or audio or video tape. The man was downright boring.

womens advances deserve an honorable mention at least....I kid you not in over ten years, the theme NEVER varied ....always teaching us how to be better women by learning to serve our men better...GAWD they were disgusting....not to mention impractical since most of us were single....sheeshe

HopeR said:

quote:
3. Any "24 hours of prayer" vigil - don't care for what or whom - most of the time I prayed for 5 minutes and either slept or spaced out for the other 55 minutes.
That's all right HopeR... fret not... if SIT was good for eight hours of sleep, surely 5 minutes was good for an hours worth of 'prayer'...

quote:
1. And the number one most boring thing about TWI.... Any teaching by Don Wierwille!!!
...ain't that the TRUTH! (sorry OM, he could make rust seem like it was fast)

I am SO surprised "chair-stringing" didn't make the list.

Or polishing all the brass in the auditorium, had to have a spit-shine on

that, I noticed. Awful high-maintenance, but it looked nice, and that's what

it was all about....

I suppose the other tasks made those look interesting.

I made one task of stacking bananas interesting (I had volunteered accidentally-

sarcasm was no excuse) by doing the one thing I was reminded of.

I sang the banana boat song.

I had the distinct impression that several people stopped by, looked in, and

elected to leave me alone. I got more done, more quickly, that way.

(I DID stop periodically to do the hand-signal for the tarantula, but other than

that, I kept a brisk pace.)

Hows about "Corps Night" ??

You have not experienced the pain of boredom until you have attended a corps night, from beginning to end, which means the hype beginning at breakfast, spoken lovingly of throughout the day, the rushing back to your room after a "supper" of one-half baked potato and some alien-looking side dish with 20 minutes to shower & get dressed for success, walk with feigned enthusiam to Wierwille library, climb the stairs and salley into your assigned, alphabetical order seat, sweating in your wonderful 100% wool suit (very practical for hot summer evenings), already fighting off yawning because you had "Bless Patrol" the night before, and wait for the magic show to begin, with Craig ranting & raving about something that didn't suit his godly fancy, then burst into a joyjul noise (song), followed by the grandest hype of our day and of our time, accolades to The Man of God, who sits, bemused by himself, looking out over his flock (or future prey), puffing on a Kool shortie and sipping the Drambuie disguised as hot, black coffee, 1/3 cup please Howard, till the cock crowed thrice. Then begins the labored and minute "dividing" of the scriptures with an occasional "UMGGH", to show how hard working up this teaching really was, while we servants to all merely had stayed awake for 2 days and worked most all of that time, ashamed we would even question how GREAT the MOG was, and how MUCH he loved us, and SERVED us, how GREAT a priveledge it was to be sitting at his cornhusker feet, listening the pearls of wisdom flow from his aqualung lips, and after this brief 3.5 hour ordeal, respond to some jackass's question "What blessed you MOST about that teaching??", to which I would mutter to myself, "The dismissal."

This, my people, is boredom. If not for a number of good hearted, real people, this would have caused insanity.

10 REproff sessions where leadership spouted off a list of things I did or wasn't doing--I finaly figured out that it was a generic list so I stopped thinking My mind was going when I was accused of going places I'd never been with people I never know. Instead I would just sit and murmer the appropriate response.

9 Any function where the men left the room to discuss "spritually heavy" matters out of the women's presence. We were supposed to whisper if we spoke and maintain our posture because we were there to hear "hot Bible" CW and I whispered a lot

8 Testimonies from anyone ON why they were so blessed to have found TWI rote fomat glassy eye delivery, with phony smile on face(usually for snaring the next potential class)

7 inane drival passed off as God breathed--" "You don't have to refrigerate your food It's blessed and can't spoil"

6 PFAL --after the first 15 minutes of any session you had heard all the salient points, your bum was getting numb your head was beginning to throb...

5. Any function where the spritually right made it a point to drop snide comments about "well, you know YOu are just a Babe in the word " this from a man who was but a twinkle in his daddy's eye when I started reading scripture

4 the annual alaska picnic in Soldotna the lowly spritual unheavy did all the setup work-then after meals the LL took the men with him on a long walk. His wife however wandered through the women stopping before her friends and Sycophants saying Why don't you come with me on a walk said right in front of the other "non blessed women" who were left with cleanup and "minding" the camp which meant even when cleanup was finished we couldn't

leave.

3 TWIg same thing every week same sitting arraingement same song, same drival

2 BLessing anyone by being "permitted" to clean up the mess they had created"

1 CHAIRS those bloody uncomfortable chairs- and that ruler and that string, and the endless moving a 1/4 inch this way and that, then the positioning of the plants which meant restring,the chairs, and the whole thing being done again because the wall outlet meant the cord had to run a different direction.

AARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH CHAIRRRRSSSSS

------------------------

3 TWIg same thing every week same sitting arraingement same song, same drival

Not sure when you left but in the 90s you had to have twig during the week and teach what was taught on the teaching tape of the week. So...if you had a phone hookup on Sunday, guess what you heard ALL OVER AGAIN?!

Painful!

Tomtuttle...that was hysterical! I sat through my share of those dreaded corps nights myself.

The thing that comes foremost to my mind, when considering "boring moments" with twi has to be, hands down, session 4 of pfal. You remember, where the cornfield preacher goes on and on and on about that amazing piece of research, affectionately referred to as "THE FOUR CRUCIFIED". Just bringing it back to my conscious mind causes a dull ache in my frontal lobe.

It was always when this session was scheduled, that I would volunteer for childrens fellowship...hell, I would have volunteered for cleaning the restrooms in a Mexican bean factory with my toothbrush, if it meant that I could somehow escape having to sit through session 4...one moooooore time.

On and on he would go, the never ending explanation of the robbers and the malefactors. I would chew on the end of a pencil to keep from screaming. I would live for that 10 minute break, when I would gobble down 2 cookies, chainsmoke 2 cigaretts and wash it down with some burnt coffee that would make Juan Valdez want to committ suicide. Then it was "back to your seats"...the dreaded death march back to another hour and a half of grifter vic with his skinny tie. Aaaaarrghhh!!! icon_eek.gif

"Rolled around..."; etymologically derived from the greek words "rectumai" meaning "to roll like a rump roast on the 6th of May (May = MAYO, meaning mine, or only mine, keep your stinking fingers off, genesis of ownership and origin, pluperfect tense), and EK, meaning OUT, or To Lead Out, hence the transliteration according to abusage, "To roll away, roll away, roll away, all the burdens of mah heart, roll away, like moistened dung from a goose, separating itself out from among that which binds".

Indeed Simon, much learning hath made us all mad ...

By the Way, any 9th out there remember who it was that always yelled out "CORPS NIGHT !!!! WOO-HOO !!!!!" on the way up the sidewalk towards the VPWWOW library for corps night?

One hint: He was "kidnapped" by Ted Patrick for deprogramming while we were in res.

Another hint: Who was the fastest in the 12 decade test around the track, and later "earned the right" to "Lead" the aerobics program - what the h*** was the name of that program??

Devine design, Waymart, Reflections, Onward Christian dogSoldiers, ...

Anyone ever cheat on their aerobics points??

You're cheating God ...

I fell so short of the standard, I was bored with trying. Why, I was in such poor shape down here, I couldn't even get a delegation together ...