GreaseSpot Cafe

Wierwille's Actions vs. His Words: Starting Over

Oakspear

quote:
Why should I do that? I got some half truths ...
Waterbuffalo, I prefer to state that I received both truth and error. Sifting through and being able to discern truth from error is definitely possible, especially when no longer in the twi environment. The truth part one may keep with no fear, because it is truth, and will make you free. The error part one may discard, because it will hurt you.

"Eat the fish, and spit out the bones."

If some folks don't care to admit that we were taught truth in twi, go ahead, believe what you will. I'm not going to change you minds.

icon_smile.gif:)-->

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

om - I'm not disputing that we learned some truths while in twi. Neither is waterbuffalo.

What I asked you before you haven't yet answered. Why should piffle and twi be held up as the standards to measure against, or be used as a starting place? It's okay for you, I have no quibble with you setting your standards where you want. But why are you so insistent that that's the way that it must be done?

Wierwille's Actions vs. His Words: Starting Over

A slight digression , but not a derail.

Let's start at zero.

Find an "average" person who hungers and thirsts for God's Word.

Present to this average person (AP)) every work by Dr. Victor Paul Weirwille in mint condition as a gift.

Just give AP a tone down of what is being offered:

1.The truth is in there if you can distinguish it from the error.

2.Dr. VPW earned his doctorate degree from an unaccredited college.

3. Dr.VPW plagiarized "some" of his material.

4. Dr. VPW calls himself The Teacher.

5. Dr. VPW claims extraordinary revelation from God Almighty that GOD would teach him The Word as it has not been taught since the first century church if he would teach it to others.

6. Dr. VPW was known to tip the Drambuie just a wee bit.

7. Dr. VPW was a womaniser.

8. Dr. VPW is an adulteror

9. Dr. VPW taught that cancer was caused by devil spirits. He died of cancer.

Now AP, he also did many a good thing and studied with many reknown biblical scholars and does have degress from accredited colleges. He is also known for inventing the jump shot. He has traveled to many countries and taught them the Word that you will find in these volumes of books, mags, cassets, and videos. He even had an auditorium dedicated to him when he did not want it dedicated to him. Oh yeah, he healed a man in Jubblepor, India, at the train staion, of a withered arm in the name of Jesus while the man was not a believer in Jesus. He began a B R T & F mininstry that wwwent over the world. It was estimated at one time as many as & more than 100,000 followers, but now, maybe 5000 and that would include children. He even has ministry's that were founded by Ex. TWIERS fashioned after his. Just imagine AP, you master this material and you can be the MOG and rule them all. In fact there is a person that has a glimpse of that type of granduer, but has not yet arrived.

So what say you AP. Would you like this wonderful matchless gift of Gods Word.?

AP says?:

Sure man lay it on me. It would be a challenge to see if I can distinguish truth from error from a fraud. Wow.

or

That's okay dude. I'd rather know the truth from error from a reputable school with accredited and moral teachers.

Edited by oneyedjackswild1 ps

You know, I did just that...gave a whole set of wierwille books to a very intellegent neighbor....one time missionary one time minister one time congressional person....very very smart well read guy.

He was very nice .... but gently informed me that there MIGHT be some grounds for concern over thereliability of the work and the conclusions drawn.

As the years have gone by and I have grown to respect his wisdom more, he has been able to get more and more specific without fear of offending me.

Basically, the only reason we THOUGHT it was so great....is because we were told over and over again that it WAS the end all be all of biblical research.....face it, as teenagers, we had very little to base our comparisons with.

quote:
Your analogy doesn't relate to the discussion. I think Oakspear is talking about folks who already have been taught PFAL and Wierwilliasms. The AP is another matter entirely ...

Well ya know OM, I read every word in this thread which prompted the analogy. And I pondered a choice between a new thread which I would be responsible to attend reply's, or a thread that was already in motion. I chose the "two" into one instead of a companion thread. I did not know who, but I did anticipate an objection or two to arise. That's why I installed this little teenie tiny really small, oh hell, MICROSCOPIC disclaimer:

quote:
A slight digression , but not a derail.

Let's start at zero.

Find an "average" person who hungers and thirsts for God's Word.

AP is really not just

quote:
The AP is another matter entirely ...
. AP is who we were before we were involved TWI. If you had known then what you know now about TWI, would you or anyone for that matter become involved with TWI? I wouldn't!!!

That answer for me made a difference in my response to Oaks thread "Wierwille's Actions vs. His Words: Starting Over". The title seeeeems to have a hint of a qustion as in:

quote:
But if Wierwille was the adulterous, plagiarizing, scam artist that he appears to have been, why would anyone take anything he said at face value? If his standard practice was to lie and cheat, if he his way of life was to use people, why would any of his teachings be kept and revered as truth.

The above quote is on the first page, first post, 3rd paragraph

And since I would not take the class starting at zero if I HAD KNOWN about VPW at that time, I would start over because I DO KNOW VPW'S FISH!!! Therefore, I would pass over that skin and mostly boney fish and move down the display case AND

"Yes! That fresh Filet of Flounder will be just fine."

That would be the delectable delight to the palate that I would choose. I would imagine there is a choice? The mostly boney fish OR the sweet Fresh Filet of Flounder. After all, they are both just fish.

Its relevance is quite an appropiate post this thread.

And it can be another matter entirely.

I suppose it would depend on how one organizes their home.

Rok On

Song

To everything a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven

quote:
So, have at it. Maybe someone would like to start a Doctrinal forum thread on this (not me), but I put it here because this topic came up a lot, and I thought Oakspear wouldn’t mind it if this thread popped back up higher on the charts.

you are so dear Mike.

Thank You.

I am humbled your revelation and revelations from the almighty PFAL of God.

Forgive me.

Father just told me you suck!!!

Mike,

Since you put so much stock in what is written try this on one...IT IS WRITTEN...can a tree bring forth both evil and good fruit? Can a spring bring forth both sweet water and bitter?

Sexual coercion of women, stealing others words and claiming them as your own to support your claim

to be the one and only MOGFOT, the arrogant need for mass adulation are not mere character flaws resulting from the human condition. These actions are so OUTLANDISH and beyond the pail, that we should rightfully re-examine and screen everything that we swallowed from this putrid, stinking cesspool with the finest filter we can find.

I agree that truth is where we find it. If we find that VPW said something that is true, then it is true but it is not true because God conferred upon this loathesome charlatan the title of MOGFOT.

Wake up Mike, the coffee is burning in the pot!