GreaseSpot Cafe

The Board of Directors: Error-Free?

Oakspear

Who makes the decisions that underlie all of The Way International’s doctrines and practices? The Board of Directors.

What gives the Board of Directors the authority to make those decisions? The fact that they are the Board of Directors, the implication being that somehow God is behind their appointment and backs up their pronouncements.

Verses about following leaders without “murmurings and disputings”, and “not resisting the power” are invoked to prop up this position.

Therefore whatever Rosie and the boyz decide is exempt from discussion by the unwashed masses because they are, by definition, right in what they do and say.

The current Board of Directors has decided that some things are going to change now that bad ‘ol Craig is gone. The implication is that there were problems, but that everything is fine now.

The problem with that position is that if the current B.O.D., by virtue of merely being the B.O.D. is unquestionably right and above argument, then that would apply to the previous B.O.D., including the President, the aforementioned ol’ Craig.

Wow! What a pickle. They had to change some things, for legal reasons, and to keep some members, but they can’t come right out and say that Craig and the former B.O.D. were WRONG, because that would open up the possibility that the current B.O.D. could be wrong also. But if the former Prez wasn’t wrong, why is he no longer the Prez?

Are there really still innies who don’t see this contradiction?

Edited by Oakspear

He wasn't wrong, Oak! He just made bad decisions in his personal life; it doesn't make all the ministry stuff he did wrong.

Revelation changes and with new leadership there will be changes. It's the new dynamic church and it will continue to change to meet the needs of the people.

There MAY have been SOME people who were treated unjustly, but they probably had it coming in other areas of their lives anyway, so don't cry over them.

I can guarantee you that the above justification is very close to what they say and what the kool-aid drinkers believe. It's just sickening. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

quote:
Originally posted by Oakspear:

Who makes the decisions that underlie all of The Way International’s doctrines and practices? The Board of Directors.

What gives the Board of Directors the authority to make those decisions? The fact that they are the Board of Directors, the implication being that somehow God is behind their appointment and backs up their pronouncements.

In the scheme of things........vpw set up twi on a weak foundation that had no accountability. Ole vp came out of the church setup and didn't want any Board telling him how to run things....thus, twi's bot birthright was conceived. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

No accountability over the money spent. No setup for handling grievances or injustices or sexual harrassment.

No elders at the gate who would hear BOTH SIDES of the argument. Heck, even in the OT these provisions were stated. Isn't it something that ole vp could be SO WISE on the indepth truths of scripture and SO FOOLISH on the practicality of everyday living. icon_razz.gif:P--> icon_razz.gif:P--> icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Maybe that's why some call him slick vic. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

And, if the founder is off-kilter.....the organization doesn't have a chance.

skyrider

.... poor planning precedes .... poor results

no wonder their numbers have dwindled so much over the past few years

no wonder they keep getting hit with lawsuit after lawsuit after lawsuit after lawsuit...

what I find most interesting is this whole thing could be easily resolved

they must be suckers for punishment I guess

skyrider:

According to Mrs. Wierwille's book Born Again to Serve there was a Board of Directors made up of a variety of PFAL grads and leaders in the early days of The Way. They were not a bunch of rubber-stamping yes-men, so Wierwille eliminated them in favor of the easier-to-control three man Board of Trustees.

Wierwille is quoted in the book as saying that the board was not set up to argue with him, but to support him.

quote:
Wierwille is quoted in the book as saying that the board was not set up to argue with him, but to support him.

In other words.....vpw couldn't stand having others around who might overpower his decisions. So, he got his brother and found a lumberyard man/carpenter from Kentucky and rubber-stamped his own yes men!!!

And some wonder why vpw's organization never succeeded into the next generation? icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

skyrider

Oak,

Never underestimate that "SINcerity (ya know: the quality or state of being sincere : honesty of mind : freedom from hypocrisy) is no guarantee for truth."

"Gawd Damn'it my zipper is stuck."

And He walks onto the dim lit ROA stage in a smoking jacket, a cover a stuck zipper. Has a sit a comfy chair next to an end table. Lites a smoke, and sips from His coffee cup and says, "I can smoke in the tent, but you can't." and the small audience whoops applause.

And a quiet hushed the applause.

And then He quotes from heart with expanded usage Chapter 13 of 1 Corinthians the love of gawd in the renewed mind in manifestation...

~~~

quote:

The BOD is a legally-mandated structure that the government requires for tax-exempt organizations. Nothing Godly about it. You can bet your hat that VPW would have gone it alone if it weren't for the legal requirements. Spinning it as Godly was just that, spinning it.

"Revelation changes and with new leadership there will be changes. It's the new dynamic church and it will continue to change to meet the needs of the people."

People? What people? The "new Dynamic Church" (which is going to be the name of my new band haha) has a few thousand members in a country with millions of Christians? That's neither new nor dynamic. It's actually quite pathetic. If this were the new new new dynamic church, that started last week, it would be pretty good. But after 60 years it's laughable.

quote:
"Revelation changes and with new leadership there will be changes. It's the new dynamic church and it will continue to change to meet the needs of the people."

Before

"I serve a risen savior he's in the world today, I know that he's living what er men may say"

Now:

I serve a powerless taskmaster he's absent from the world today, I know that he's absent what er men may claim"