GreaseSpot Cafe

Did You Ever Have A TWI Flashback?

Eagle

Hmmmmm Vee Pee used to say he didn't dream, like he was superior, like if you dreamed you weren't spiritual enough. Like if your mind was really RENEWED enough you wouldn't have to dream.

Now I believe dreaming (REM sleeep) is quite normal, in fact necessary for mental health. A lack of REM sleep can actually cause psychosis in some cases.

Back to TWI dreams, one I remember is being back at the ROA and a former branch leader was coaxing me into singing with the choir: "Oh come on now, join us, you have such a pretty voice, come on now......" I did not respond to his coaxing.

My interpretation: in a wee part of my brain, I still want to be in TWI, maybe it's those few good memories, but my major feelings are NO WAY am I going back!

No, it was a joke Sky. A meager attempt at "inside" humor, the inside being my brain. From in here, the view is clear and sunny. I'll have to identify my jokes from now on © ®. Although now I'm probably going to have a dream about Dorothy Owens wearing a snoot boot and Linda Z and the Way Mag staff at the 'head table' but with no food, just plates filled with blue forms as Dorothy says "you're using the wrong fork, that's the salad fork!!! © ®

Right after my divorce and leaving TWI I had the same dream almost every night for about a month. I was in a dark alley and all the wc people in my state and some from hq were beating the crap out of me. All I could do was curl up and try to protect my head and face as best I could with my arms. It was pretty creepy.

I also had dreams about someone from TWI going through all the cabinets and closets in my house.

Flashbacks: too many to mention. There are so many phrases and words that get my cockles up to even mention. I'm getting better, but I still have a long way to go.

I don't know if you would call it a flashback. But, I live in Maryland, near Washington, DC. I got on the DC subway, Metro, one day headed toward downtown DC. A few stops after I got on, an Oriental gentleman got around the train car. I opened up his Bible and began to sing "In The Garden". That brought back all kinds of memories from my Way days. I actually wanted to talk with him, but he got off at the next station after he had finished singing.

In days past, I would not have even considered talking to him, but I would have presumed him to be denominational person full of error.

I have gone to different functions where women or other important people walked in, and no one stood up. I always try to stand up when greeting or shaking hands with someone, regardless of who they are. But that's just me.

In my post-TWI days, I went to a charismatic church in 1990-92. The church had their regular Sunday am service, but they also had "Caregroups" where people in the Singles group met weekly in people's homes. These caregroups were usually around 10 to 20 people. The groups reminded me a lot of Twig fellowships, or whatever TWI calls them now.

On a different note, I boarded the subway this past May. A couple of stops later, an Oriental gentleman gets on the train, stands in the middle of the train, opens up a Bible, and starts to sing "In the Garden" which brought back a lot of TWI memories.

I've been in different groups where we had to put out chairs, but we never used a string to perfectly align them.

The broken dish post on another thread reminded me of a TWI flashback....When I was doing dishes in the kitchen at Emporia, after finishing, I hosed down the sink and started walking out.

Behind me I heard the bellowing voice of a senior sickth corps member, yelling and screaming at me because A FEW PARTICLES OF FOOD had remained in the sink!!!!! For years after that, whenever I hosed down my own sink at home, I remembered being yelled at because of the Emporia incident.

Another flashback. I had a WOW sister who INSISTED that all the dishes in the drainer MUST be dried and PUT AWAY. Once I was out of TWI, whenever I did the dishes, I LEFT THEM IN THE DRAINER to air dry, always thinking of my former WOW sister and that I was now FREE to leave the dishes there and put them away WHENEVER I WANTED TO later.