GreaseSpot Cafe

Are You Really Ready For This Question?

TheSongRemainsTheSame

Song,

I have the same response as Rascal but I also have an observation. That kind of question is one that is typically asked by folks wanting to appear really religious. Why?? Because people obviously DON'T love everyone who ever existed and it puts people under a guilt trip to suggest they should love them.

Play that on one the 9/11 widows, Song. Go tell 'em they should love Bin Laden and the others that destroyed their lives at that time.

sudo

While I can Ask GOd not to hold the actions they have performed in this life against them--whoever they may be -- Which is a spritual love akin to Agape---

I obviously do not Have Eros love , Filial Love or any of the Other Human "LOves toward everyone.

I ask not to hold my ex's accountable at the judgemnet day. BUt do I "love" them in an earthlysense anymore??? NOt HArdly

Forgiving

LOving

and Intercession with GOD

are three different aspects of the human condition and may or may not be mutually exclusive depending on the situation, time frame and persons involved.