GreaseSpot Cafe

Wayfers go home!

Watered Garden

It's Thanksgiving. Your family, your so-called earthly family, your REAL family love you and miss you. They don't understand why they can't see you on Thanksgiving. Don't you love them? Don't you want to sit around and eat too much of Mom's cooking and listen to Grandpa's stories again, and watch football games and the Macy's parade with them?

They will always be there for you when TWI drops you like a bad habit. You will always be good enough for them.

Someday the older members of your family will be dead and in their graves, and you won't have the opportunity to spend time with them. And TWI won't give a rat's hind end about you. Not one of them will speak to you on the street, much less invite you into their homes and feed you and love you and spend time with you.

They tell you they are your true family, the household of saints, but they are not. They are parasites, feeding off your kindness and your desire to know and love God and be loved back.

Parents, call your children, get them to come home! Children, your parents are waiting for that phone call!

Don't make the mistake I did. Someday it will be too late to say "I'm sorry I screwed up so many Thanksgivings, Christmas holidays, Easter, birthdays, anniversaries, Mother's Day, Father's Day by being with the people who use you and not the people who love you."

Go home for Thanksgiving.

Love In Christ,

Watered Garden

Matilda,

I would reserve the name TWIt for the hard core abusers, manipulators and born of the seed of TWI anim-smile.giftypes who will never see the light. Innies who may be so inclined to be won over to the idea of reconnecting with their families are like we once were mostly intelligent - but under delusion and held captive.

Edited by oenophile

okay, here's one "family" story I'll share, just in case you don't call/go home...

Mine is a big family, close...definitely gather on holidays especially...becuz it was/is/was special...

1974 Thanksgiving...it was the first time I was away Way away from my "earthly" family. It was my decision. The word on "the field" was that no one was allowed to leave their posts (mine was Springfield, IL).

The funny thing was, it was just me "on the field" in that town and I remember that I could have/would have driven the simple 3 hours home to Chicago despite what the WayBorg prime directive was...but I didn't. I chose to stay and cook my first bird at my simple digs in Illinois' capital city AND invite the other in-state whateverweweres (Area Boosters, that's it!) who couldn't (even if they would have) go home for the holiday.

...but I needed dough (the green kind)so I wrote my Mom o'Mom a note something to the effect of "I love you, will miss you, can you please spot me $50 to host a turkey dinner for myself and a few out-of-state friends."

Mom sent back a lovely note with the money, something to the effect of..."we love you, we'll miss you, we'll still be here when you come home...consider this $$ a down payment for being a wonderful daughter and letting me be your Mommy."

I still have the card...and I still have the Mommy...for today.

I have a lot to be thankful for and memories to savour along with good food and friends this year. I only wish I could drive a simple 3 hours home again.

Think E.T.....phone home.

Think Lassie...go home.

Think Zen...be home.

lol

Exxie,

I totally agree with you. The part that ....es me off....personally, is that it is True. God would have been more important......but TWI WAS ABOUT EVERYTHING BUT god.

This year, already the house is spic is span, the turkey is in the fridge, the collards are in the garden and the wine glasses are ready for the guests! icon_smile.gif:)-->

Tildy, your post brought tears to my eyes. Save that card a while longer okay? I want to include it in my book.

ror

((( Hopper )))

I'm so sorry for your family's short-sightedness. Your situation makes me realize what I put my family through for a lot of years. And they still forgave me and welcomed me back. Just think, at some point your family may realize how wrong they've been, and you'll be there to welcome them back into the real world. Keep a good thought, my friend.

Getting into and out of TWI really has made me appreciate my family so much more than I ever did. Thank God they weren't as short-sighted and critical as I once was.

I put them through hell and they were there with open arms to welcome me back with absolutely no condemnation or mean words about how utterly miserable I made their lives and broke their hearts.

((((LINDY)))) I'm so sorry for your family and how much they are giving up and missing in the name of some other God that TWI teaches.

Matilda, that's so touching! Ain't it great to have a superb family?!

I'm making my famous sweet potato casserole at Grandma's house for the first time in years! I'll get to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade with my young cousins and football with Daddy and the guys. And if I want to have 3 glasses of wine or sherry it will be okay. The best part? I won't have to listen to anyone (ex-spouse) talk about how annoying, un-godly and less than TWIt standard my family is....I can hardly wait for tomorrow to get here!

Bless you one and all!

The next Thanksgiving I have with my parents, grandparents and my beloved aunt will be the BIG Thanksgiving to the Lord Jesus Christ when I meet them in heaven!

Lindy, I pray that your famliy will be delivered from this awful cult.

Belle, a toast to your family and your good times ahead. Care to share the sweet potato recipe?

Matilda and everyone,

JOY TO THE WORLD! Thankful for each and everyone of you!

Love,

WG

WG, I didn't know you were waiting for the BIG Thanksgiving to see so much of your family. icon_frown.gif:(--> I hope you have a wonderful feast here this year, too!

This recipe came from a co-worker who brought it in for a pot luck. Half the office pounced on him for the recipe (including me). I lost it the next year and had to get it from him again. Now I have 5 copies spread out around the house & computer just in case... I get bombarded with requests for the recipe when I make it for pot luck dinners (NOT POT BLESS!!!!)

Remember this is a vegetable dish so it goes with dinner....that way you can have this AND dessert without feeling guilty. It IS Thanksgiving, after all! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Mix in a large mixing bowl:

3 Cups sweet potatoes/mashed

1 stick butter (use real butter)

1 cup sugar

2 eggs beaten

1/2 cup milk (use real milk - not lowfat)

1 tablespoon vanilla (I buy the good stuff!)

Put the above mixture in a 13" x 9" baking dish

Topping:

1 cup brown sugar

1/3 cup butter melted

1/3 cup flour

1 cup chopped pecans

1 cup coconut

mix the above and sprinkle on top of the sweet potato mixture.

Bake at 350 until brown on top (about 30 minutes)

It seemed sacrilegious to not have burnt marshmallows on top of sweet potato casserole, but when I tried to add those, they just melted because of the topping. Just in case you feel the same way....it doesn't work. After you taste the casserole you'll forget there aren't any marshmallows on it, anyway. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Thanks for the sentiments from all.

Oak, actually, I think it would be pretty easy. Just three easy payments to...your truly. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I have been able to see half of the family a little more lately, but seeing as they only live twenty minutes away, without thier wafer calender it would be much more than once every month or two. Plus the rest of the family would have the freedom to live in the same city or same general area, which is what I think we all would like.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. The in-laws are here and we are all having a great time.

Peace and Turkey Grease!