GreaseSpot Cafe

The Political Dance of TWI

Belle

Okay, so, I'm new to TWI and I'm asking questions. What are they going to say?

me: I heard you're a cult. Is that true?

TWIts: Well, let's look up "cult" in the dictionary. It says it's a group of people who think alike and believe the same things. So, yes, we are a cult and so are the Baptists, Methodists, ROMAN Catholics....

me: I heard you are very controlling of people's lives.

TWIts: We always allow people to make their own decisions. We don't force people to do anything, but if we teach that God says to give 10% of your income, why WOULDN'T you want to do that? We expect people to say what they mean and mean what they say. People don't like accountability, but you're much more mature than that, aren't you? You WANT to do the things God wants you to do, don't you?

me: I heard you can't buy a house in TWI.

TWIts: We have no such policy. If you want to buy a house go right ahead. Of course, it would be better to pay cash for the house and the Bible says, "Owe no man anything..." We've done years and years of study on debt and I'll be happy to show you why we don't go into debt so that God continues to protect and bless us (you won't be protected or blessed if you go into debt - heck, yo might get sick and die or get mangled really bad in a car wreck if you walk out from under God's protection. You don't want that, do you?)

Anyone else want to contribute?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me: I heard you're a cult. Is that true?

"We know, but we'd rather be called a cult than a religion any day"

me: I heard you are very controlling of people's lives.

"Well if by controlling you mean we love you and take care of you and help you have a live better than abundant, then yes, call it controlling if you want"

me: I heard you can't buy a house in TWI.

"Why have a house to tie you down? You can't move fast and far with God if you are spending time maintaining it, then selling it when He asks you to move to a mountain top at a moments notice. He'll look right past you and go with the one that is more faithful and a better steward of their finances"

can you tell me details about lawsuits againt the way international over the last few years ?

i hear the current president and the ex-president's wife knew all about certain "goings-on"

how come the ex-president lives in one city and his wife lives at the headquarters of the organization ? don't most christian married couples and families live together ?

me: Do I have to take your classes in order to keep coming to your meetings?

TWIts: No, of course not. You're welcome to come as long as you like. We don't require that.

me: Great. Can you tell me the answer to this question I have about the Bible?

TWIts: That's covered in the class. You should really take the class if you want to know about that subject.

me: Can I borrow one of those books you keep talking about?

TWIts: Ummm, no. We found that people, even with good intentions, borrow things and don't return them. You can buy your own at the next limb meeting, though. They always have a bookstore open. In fact we'll be pushing all sorts of products at the limb meeting, so bring lots of money.

Q. Can I freely avail myself of your fellowships?

A. Yes, but only if you attend at least three times a week, as well as all branch meetings, study sessions, "fun" nights, and classes. Then after forcing you to come to everything, we will restrict what you can come to if you don't meet our standards in your life (i.e clean house, no debt, kids never bratty or misbehaved, teens never sullen, over 10% of income give to us etc.)

So, yes you may freely avail yourself of our fellowships.

me: I am going to be going on vacation for a week at Yellowstone National Park, sooo see ya when i get back, okay?

wayscumbags: what? you need to notify the leadership of the state, or states of where you are going to be visiting. You need to check in with US, at LEAST, everyday, if not EVERY HOUR. Not only do you need to check in with US, you need to check in with every limb coordinator in EVERY state you travel through, and ESPECIALLY when you get to Yellowstone, you need to send EVERYONE faxes of your exact location. Not only that, we ALL need a copy of your itinerary, at least a WEEK before you go, so we ALL can apporve this little,, um, trip. Why exactly are going anyway? We really need to use YOUR house for the next foundational class. YOU really need to plan better, and give us more notice, like a year.....

sound familiar?? anim-smile-blue.gif

Thelema We only ask for all this information because we care about you. If something happened to you, wouldn't you want us to know where you are? Wouldn't you want to be able to contact someone to help you? We know you don't talk to most of your family any more since they woke up and left...errrr...have turned their back on God and you really can't trust the ones left to take care of you like WE can. Just fax that itinerary and your planned route to me by end of day, okay?

JustThinking - God talks about the remnant, that's a very small group. It's hard to be faithful and to stand for God in our day and time. Most people just aren't strong enough or they get lured away by the riches of the world. Even all the believers in the NT left Paul at one time.

We're never going to see a huge number of truly faithful people. Most people don't really want to know the truth and fewer want to live it. If you're more concerned about numbers than you are God and THE TRUTH, then church might be a better place for you. Of course, if you go to church after having had the opportunity to learn THE TRUTH, we'll pray for you since you're turning your back on God and the one true household who lives in his favor and under his protection.

Belle --

You forgot the response to the question "Why is this cult so small?"...

"Many are called to God but few answer his call. Those who answer are the Household of the Prevailing Word. Those in the Household who have the discipline to live the present truth that we teach are called 'disciples'. It is the disciples of the household that bring it its strenth and the household is where protection from the adversay can be found. If you are outside the protection of the household, the walls of Zion, then you will be where there is only weaping and gnashing of teeth..."

...boy, doesn't that just make you want to jump ranks! YUCK!

Q. How do you respond to the reports of those in leadership pressuring women to have abortions when they actually wanted to give birth?

A. Where did you hear that? That never happened. Our women are free to choose to start a family. They are also free to choose to serve God. The choice is theirs.