GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI-minister gets 6 years for sexual assaults

Bob

I am going to email, too.

What blows my mind is how quickly Rich was found (Sharon is the name of the wife he had in twi) by us 'civvies' while law enforcement has 'lost' him for many years.

Did anybody watch Oprah yesterday? On her website she's putting up the Most Wanted. Haven't checked out the site yet, but I'm thinking about emailing her if AK doesn't 'find' Rich...

Hi Mo.

I just received a reply to my email that said, "Thank you".

I have also just posted on Dr Phil's message board about twi because somebody else there had mentioned twi due to the show he did this week on cults. You can find the discussion Here.. It will take "a few hours" for my post to be approved. Here is what I posted, though:

Hi shayemari. I was in twi (The Way International) from the of 16. I raised my daughter in twi. My heart bleeds every day for her. Although we quit attending meetings in 1990, we still held onto the beliefs. In 1994 we started attending a twi offshoot church where the pastor did things "the way they should have been done"...same beliefs, same PFAL stuff, same Way Corps BS. It wasn't until This last May (2005) that I was finally able to start undoing all the crooked doctrine of twi in my head.

Leaving does not mean you're out. Ya know?

Anyway, I wonder if you know about GreaseSpot Cafe Discussion Forum at http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/ ? It is a discussion forum owned and operated by exWay folks and is primarily for exWay people. The message boards are very informative and very helpful in recovery. The website itself...at http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ ...has many, many twi documents that are quite revealing.

Right now I am in a discussion about pedophiles that twi protected and even put in authority over the Children's Fellowships! You can find that discussion at http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=4610 .

Cults are real. Cults protecting known criminals is real. TWI may have gotten smaller and may appear to be less able to do any harm, but you will see at GreaseSpot Cafe that twi is still kicking and hurting people.

Hope to see you there.

Maybe we can generate some attention to twi's history with pedophiles?

Just recieved a thank you from AKST.

I belive they are on the case-- of course this requires interstate cooperation- between AK and OH and whatever bolthole they have run to. Rich is not a stupid man-he very likely saw the Abrans report and has relocated.

Sharon is the key, she has a bad leg due to polio, has been confined to a wheelchair for many years. Even if she has lost weight and now able to move without the wheelchair she has severe health problems. That means they will have to be in an area with ready access to state-of-the-art health facilities

Sharon is the key, she has a bad leg due to polio, has been confined to a wheelchair for many years. Even if she has lost weight and now able to move without the wheelchair she has severe health problems. That means they will have to be in an area with ready access to state-of-the-art health facilities.

Unless, of course, Rich is still beating it into her head...and she is still letting it get beat into her head...that she doesn't need anything but 'believing'.

Would Rich Urquhart let his wife's health problems do her in if it meant staying in hiding from the law? You betcha he would!

Rich was the 'prophet of doom' when I knew him...always 'prophesying' that people were going to die if they didn't do things his way, so he's probably pulling that same crap on Sharon.

Well, Sharon, I want you to know that I didn't die in 6 months...or 6 years...or even 20 years! Maybe Rich meant 6 decades? :blink: Whatever he meant, Sharon, HE WAS WRONG AND IS STILL WRONG.

Sharon, you are the key to helping all the children that he has hurt and will hurt. Can you put aside what you see as your personal comfort to save children? There was a kind, gentle human being inside of you when I knew you. If it's housing and food and such that you are worried about, Sharon, I promise you that if you turn Rich in and get him away from children, I will help you however I can. My email is in my profile. You can also start a private topic with me.

I am hoping AK is on the chase for him.

Sharon,

If you are by chance reading this I'm with CW on this.

Now is the time

LET HIM GO

Turn him in

Whatever he has told you about the legal repercussions to yourself--understand that he is using fear as an excuse to keep you at his side.

He is the one who abuses, he is the one who failed to register

YOU ARE AN ABUSED SPOUSE

Any court looking at your health issues and temperment versus Rich and his behaviors WOULD NOT hold you responsible for what he has done.

Anything you need I will help as much as I can

BUT, please, please make the nightmare end for all of us

I can tolerate a lot of things...but messin' with kids isn't one of them. I hope they throw this guy back in the can...

Is there anyway we can find out if twi was aware of his situation and perhaps was "helping him" to stay hidden?...(if indeed he was hidden)...

He may not be living at any of those addresses that I found...but if the cops are SERIOUS about getting this guy...they should be able to track him down. There's a lot more info available to get on the guy just by going to "intelius" (sp?)...they charge a fee for the whole 9 yards of info...search google for "intelius" and check their website.

I tried to find Martindale on it...no luck.

<_<

Is there anyway we can find out if twi was aware of his situation and perhaps was "helping him" to stay hidden?...(

I know that TWI arranged transport out of Alaska after he was released and had him taken in by believers in Ohio (which is a whole story in and of itself) I know that the Urquharts were dropped from corps staus in 1994 (there is a list on the links on the main G S page) Even if he continued after 1994 to be "under TWI's wing" it would be very hard to prove that TWI either knew or sanctioned him not reporting his whereabouts to Alaska.

My guess is that at worst, TWI would have distanced themselves from that whole registering issue by simply not bringing the subject up --which isn't a crime.

If Urquhart is still where TWI can find him I would suggest that one of you WAYGB hike into town to a payphone and drop a dime to your nearest law enforcement official anonymously. With all the lawsuits and bad publicity you really don't need this one to add to the plate.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I can't get to the article referenced in the opening of this thread. Can anyone help me find it or another article discussing the charges, evidence, sentencing, etc.? Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I just noticed that TWI got the Courier Post to put a correction in regarding Mark's association with TWI.

You have to buy the article to see the whole article (the original is posted on the first page of this thread), but in their search results, you can see the correction:

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archiv...ext_date-0=2004

December 18, 2004 •• 479 words •• ID: chr2004122007132541

CORRECTION Mark Naberschnig, a former Voorhees resident sentenced in December to six years in state prison for sexually assaulting a young girl, was a mentor associated with The Way International. His role with the fellowship ministry was incorrectly described in a story Dec. 18.. Ex-minister gets 6 years for sexual assaults. Girl abused 9 years ago in Voorhees. By RENEE WINKLER. Courier-Post Staff CAMDEN. A former Voorhees resident who was a minister with The Way International

Edited by GreasyTech

The article (from page one):

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Girl abused 9 years ago in Voorhees

By RENEE WINKLER

Courier-Post Staff

CAMDEN

A former Voorhees resident who was a minister with The Way International was sentenced Friday to six years in state prison for sexually assaulting a young girl nine years ago.

Mark Naberschnig, 46, of Duluth, Ga., will serve the term at the state's Adult Diagnostic and Treatment Center in Avenel, a facility for sex offenders.

The Way International is a nondenominational fellowship ministry that relies on biblical research, according to its Web site.

The victim reported the sexual assaults, which lasted from July through December of 1995, when she realized Naberschnig was acting toward other children in the same way he had behaved and spoken to her during the period he was assaulting her, said Assistant Camden County Prosecutor Howard Gilfert. The assaults occurred in Naberschnig's former home in Voorhees, according to Gilfert.

Represented by defense attorney David Sufrin, Naberschnig had asked Superior Court Judge Irvin Snyder to suspend the portion of his sentence that includes parole supervision for life. Compliance with Megan's Law mandates, he said, would make it difficult for him to return to his ministerial career.

Snyder said he had no discretion about supervision and registration of sex offenders.

"Every crime has a ripple effect that is felt for generations. To keep a secret for years is like a cancer that eats at you and weakens you. I think someone like you should be warehoused forever. You can't reverse the effects you had on this child," Snyder said.

The *correction* ---
December 18, 2004 •• 479 words •• ID: chr2004122007132541

CORRECTION Mark Naberschnig, a former Voorhees resident sentenced in December to six years in state prison for sexually assaulting a young girl, was a mentor associated with The Way International. His role with the fellowship ministry was incorrectly described in a story Dec. 18.. Ex-minister gets 6 years for sexual assaults. Girl abused 9 years ago in Voorhees. By RENEE WINKLER. Courier-Post Staff CAMDEN. A former Voorhees resident who was a minister with The Way International.

My *BS* meter just went beserk. :(