GreaseSpot Cafe

Trouble in Paradise...

Steve Swenton

I am corps. I volunteer to "handle" you. Just ask Sexie Exie. Besides, and in line with this thread's topic, I observed from the top bleedership that multiple women are a multiple blessing, if you're spiritual enough to "handle" it, or her, or whatever ...

Other observations that COULD cause some doubt:

Dr. VP Wire-willie drinking Drambui in many different settings.

Of course, LCM's foul, loud speaker-box.

Ordained clergy hitting on my wife.

Couples rooming together in the corps.

The pressure to "stand approved" before leadership.

Sack suppers

L.E.A.D.

Lightbearers

ABS

Ambassador One

Twig Hopper

Tick and TJ

Geer-head

"Bless" patrol

The fact that I was accepted into the corps ...

HQ, 1984, 4-5 months before VP's demise. Everyday SOMETHING hit that made my "spideysenses" tingle. Opps forgot... maybe JUST maybe God did talk to us.

Like the "two tiered" corps system. The "special" corps and the "grunt" corps.

Words fail me. That block at HQ was just the confirmation of things I had suspected since the first time I ever went there.

Prochaine.... what corps/year was that asst corps cord having late night counceling sessions?

I think the major turning point for twi was when the old poop passed. It was almost like the "spell was lifted". Wierwille's death was like a vampire movie...after they kill the top vampire (Count Dracula), all those who had been biten are suddenly released from the vampires hypnotic hold...That's why martinfail purged out all the old timers who had previously been under the spell of Count Vic...he didn't have the power to hold them, they had become too strong for him to control. In the animal kingdom, the herd thins itself out by killing the weakest...martinfart did just the opposite. He got rid of all the strong ones who could challenge him and surrounded himself with the spineless lackeys, that he himself had been one previous to his position as greatest man of gawd since Jezuz hisself...turning points?...I think those years between 1980 and 1990 tell a revealing story.

The first indication that I got that something wasn't right with TWI was at the Military Advance in San Jose, CA, November 10/11, 1984.

LCM and Howard Allen were introduced to the senior military people who were there in uniform from Twentynine Palms, CA. I was the senior enlisted man present. As Martindale and I shook hands, he didn't look me in the eye as normal men would. Instead, he looked over my shoulder at the "scenery" behind me.

The straw that broke the camel's back (so to speak) was a couple years later when I sent him a letter detailing how the "Father in the Word" title that they had confered on VPW was, in a word, crap.

Martindale didn't even have the decency to respond in kind. Instead, he sent my letter back with two bible verses scrawled in red marker pen on the back of page 1. Shortly after that, I left the ministry.

My 2 cents...

Nomad888

When did I get the feeling that all was not right.

Don't question when the word didn't fit like a hand in a glove.

Remember to date only those in twi. Don't date a wow in another branch. Don't miss a fellowship. Just hold on a minate. Whose life is this mine or yours.

When I got out in the 70's it was actually hard. They would call all the time about coming back. I guess they liked the fact I believed in tiething.

For me, the beginning of the end was the infamous "Christian Family & Sex" class.

After the session where VP taught that inane "original sin was masturbation" lesson, I was sitting with my small group where we discussed what we had just heard. I asked if anybody else understood or bought into VP's theory, and the consensus from everybody else was, "We don't understand it, but "Doctor" said it, so it must be right."

It was all downhill from there for me.