GreaseSpot Cafe

Stickers and decals

Zshot

Many years ago when I was "in", everybody that was "in" had some type of twi bumber sticker on there car, Bible or even stuck to a widow of the place where they lived.

Do people who are still "in" still display bumper stickers on there car or anywhere else?

I still have one of those round TWI stickers on my old TWI bible. It covers a big ink stain and that's why it's still there.

About 8 to 10 years ago I used to see a pristine green TWI sticker on a car parked in the lot of the neighborhood grocery store.

That was just what I was thinking.. kind of like another myth. "Loy could run a fortune 500 company". Probably could, right into the ground..

But I remember how people thought it was so "cool" to think one of the almighty bumper stickers made it to "the big time" heh heh.

There was a "W.O.W." sticker in the movie "Ordinary People" (an awful movie BTW).

It was one of those round, orange ones with a sort of smiley face on it. The character's mouth is formed from the letters "W.O.W."

For some reason the sticker didn't meet with VPW's approval and he ended up just giving them out to all the kids in "W.O.W. training" one year.

Anyway, there's a scene in the movie where the parents are going through their son's stuff in his bedroom after he's committed suicide and the sticker is on the wall with a bunch of other posters and whatnot as the camera pans by.

Yeah, I knew you'd all be impressed...

They gave out a bunch of bumper stickers a couple of years ago but the only people who actually put them on their cars were the wc. Nobody else would/did.

No one would say they were ashamed or didn't want to be seen with one. We just all said we weren't "bumper sticker" kind of people. icon_cool.gif

Belle-

It's been a long time since I saw it, but I was living in Chicago at the time Matilda & Hubby (& Car) were all extras in the movie.

It's an orange Volvo parked on the side of the road, I think in a quick pan of the park scene where the Nazis are involved. The bumper sticker is not the old green one with the open bible, but the white/green/black one with the newer (circa '73) logo on it.

A few months back I saw a Way bumper sticker on a car in a gas station around the corner from me. It was different from the one I remember but similar enough I recognized it right away. I waited till the driver came out and had a chat with her. Turns out there is a twig just down the road from me. So yes they do still have stickers, and some even have the guts or maybe a better word is audacity to display themicon_smile.gif:)-->