GreaseSpot Cafe

Were you asked to give information on those who left?

JustThinking

After the "TWI illegally identifying GSC members?" thread, I had to wonder if TWI was using other means to "watch" former members. Oops, no members but the accused, uh, board. So, were you asked to gather information in any way on former members including your friends, family, etc.? Or were you even asked about them when it seemed "out of the blue?" I did see corps asking about people in a seemingly innocent manner that had come up in meetings. Amazing what you hear, btw, when you babysit for your LC. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I was asked to report on the few times about I saw former wayfers. Where, when, the content of the conversation, etc. Even where they might be living (still in the area, not actual address), did they say anything about Der Vayyyyy. I was a nobody though so didn't know any leaders that well who left. Just other little folks like me.

JT

They didn't have to ask. My ex and I were so waybrained that we volunteered the information before they could even ask. icon_frown.gif:(--> Then we'd gladly answer any questions they would have.

A few times I would see people who had been put on probation and I would freak out and practicallly run the other way. Dunno why I was scared or what I was scared of: It wasn't them, more likely I was afraid of getting caught looking at them and being put on probation myself for not being spiritual enough to have avoided running into them.

Gawd, how embarrassing!

I know, too, that my ex has told them all kinds of things about me. Mostly things that aren't true, but are true in his mind since he has never talked to me about his suspicions and he wouldn't believe me if I did get the opportunity to defend myself. He's just too waybrained to believe anything other than what TWI tells him and what he believes because of his waybrain.

quote:
Why do they care? I don't get it. If they're prevailing so much, why do they care what ex-Wayfers are doing?

There is always a reason why they want to know! Pre-emtive strikes are good...give 'em the info. Law suit lookouts - - gather around the leader stuff....they may just be phishing for something to set somebody up with

If they are truly of God what do they care what we think?

By now - most of us know they are not "of God" but they care none the less.

When the latest BC came to town, we were asked to look over a list of PFAL grads here in the Tampa area and check off the ones who had left TWI in order for them to purge the mailing list.

We'd been in this area for so long, that we knew just about everyone on the Tampa side of the Bay.

There were hundreds of names on a thick print out. We didn't know too many of the St. Pete/Clearwater people, but I think we checked off at least 50 Tampa folks who hadn't been at a fellowship for a long time. I'm sure there were people on the list who took the class once and never went back to TWI as well -- not just the "cop-outs" they might have been looking for.

Of course, they were trying to save money on postage - but the excuse I recall hearing was something about "casting pearls before swine". Ugh.

ah, so that's what that was about!

In '95 or so at a TC meeting, we went over a list like that and crossed off names we knew were gone for good and 'not worthy of our precious time or attention'.

The rest we split between us and called to see if they'd be interested in coming back to see us. Then next meeting was to report back on that.

patooey.