GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Tune

Raf

The only real rule for picking a song is that it had airplay (as opposed to being an album cut). If no one gets it after one lyric, try some more (though it's obviously unwise to choose a lyric that contains the title). If no one still gets it, you can always give the answer and post another song. Don't be in too much of a hurry, though. Not everyone looks here every day.

George

P.S. I've posted several lines and given other clues to the latest "Name That TV Show." No one seems to have gotten it yet, although it's a current show that's fairly popular. If you haven't been over there, check it out. I also recommend "Name That Flick," "Name That Star Trek Episode," and "Triple Movie Links." The rules are usually in the first couple of posts. The "Pictionary" threads are fun, too!

Irisheyes

It does indeed sit here idling for several days sometimes.

Lots of reasons, really.-----

TS travels a lot, from what I understand.

I'm not always at a computer that I can log on to.----

People get involved with other threads that interest them----

and the list goes on.

As far as rules go------

It has to have had "airplay".

If lyrics vary from version to version, the answer should reflect the version posted.

NO GOOGLING!

It's not a rule, but the older stuff usually works better here 'cause --well--- most of us ain't spring chickens, if you get my drift.

And most importantly------- it's just for fun.

I let my curiosity get the best of me and googled this one.

I think it's a really good one.

I even have the album it came from but who knows the last time I played it?

Somebody will probably guess it.

A clarification on waysider's "no googling" rule: that applies only to those trying to guess the clue. The one posting the clue may google to make sure the lyric is correct. I remember posting a line from "Donna the Prima Donna." I always thought it was "She walks the beaches like Zsa Zsa Gabor." It turns out the line really was "She wants to be just like Zsa Zsa Gabor." :)

George

Okay! My bad. It's Dylan's "When You Gonna Wake Up" from Slow Train Coming, but I'm not sure about air time. So, try this one on for size:

I love you in a place where there's no space and time

I love you for my life you are a friend of mine

George, remember the song Mandy by Barry Manilow? Someone I knew thought it was Mammy and he was just singing it away. Hilarious. It sure does help to know the words.

Okay! My bad. It's Dylan's "When You Gonna Wake Up" from Slow Train Coming, but I'm not sure about air time. So, try this one on for size:

I love you in a place where there's no space and time

I love you for my life you are a friend of mine

George, remember the song Mandy by Barry Manilow? Someone I knew thought it was Mammy and he was just singing it away. Hilarious. It sure does help to know the words.

We acted out our lives on stages.

10,000 people watching.

But we're alone now and I'm singing this song for you--------------Leon Russell

Don't remember if that's the title.

I think the Dylan tune DID get airplay so I'm throwing in the towel to Tom Strange.

Re: Strange lyrics.

Remember the Rascals tune, Groovin'?

There's a place where they say, " You and me endlessly."

Even though I knew it couldn't be right, it always sounded to me like they said, "You and me and Leslie."

I knew that was way too racy for 1967 or 1968 but I couldn't figure out what they were saying.

:redface2:

Not much airplay for this one so I'll give the entire first stanza... I'm betting on you guys! (and gals... cuz I'm sure CalDreamer knows it)

Just a semi normal person

Thought he had the future planned

Then he won some silly sweepstakes

Now he had a hundred grand

Never stopped to think of taxes

He was gone before they knew

With a flair for old romantics

To the Orient he flew

I think I'll have a Margarita with that one, Tom.

Somewhere over China------1982

Next clue:

You got your demons

You got desires

Well, I got a few of my own

Correct!

Carry on......