GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Tune

Raf

I have a friend who's married to a Lebanese man. I learned a lot of Lebanese recipes from her and got on a kick where I ate nothing but Lebanese food for practically every meal..... One day I called her singing:

"I think I'm turning Lebanese

I think I'm turning Lebanese

I really think so!"

That's not the song, though, it's "I think I'm turning Japanese" (at least I *think* that's the name of the song) and I believe it's by The Talking Heads?

Indeed!

I proposed to Lucy at a Vince Vance and the Valiants concert. I had worked it out with Vince ahead of time that he would get me on stage to sing "It's Now or Never" and then propose. She couldn't turn me down in front of thousands of people!

You're up, Belle.

What a wonderful memory. :D

I always knew you were a romantic, George! What a lucky wife you have! She must be awfully special to have reeled you in. :)

So you were in tight with Vince and the Valiants? That's cool!! I remember Elvis's version because, well, because I'm from Mississippi and only about an hour south of his hometown!

Okay - here's my lyric:

We talk about your work how your boss is a jerk

We talk about your church and your head when it hurts

We talk about the troubles you've been having with your brother

About your daddy and your mother and your crazy ex-lover