GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Ex, do you mean the circumsized life?

After I copped out from the nineth corpse, I returned to the work I had done immediately prior to going in residence, which was telecomm company central office tech, for Western Union Telegraph Company. Based in Phoenix, I was hired mainly to do temporary fill in work in California and Las Vegas. I spent several months in San Diego, and in my youthful naivete, fell in with some fools (other fools, and they happened to work for the same company) who were pushing a pyramid scheme.

One of the guys used to like to say, when agreeing with someone to meet later in the day, "ok, let's circumsize our watches."

I thought that malaprop was so funny, I have never forgotten it. And anytime anyone invokes the word "synchronize" or its variations, I always think of that time in San Diego.

I remember going camping with a 9th corps brother years ago...After a couple of days I got tired of sitting around the campfire,drinking beer and listening to his boring stories....So I sent him into town to bring back something for us to do...He came back with a box of Tampons...I asked him what he brought those for....He said "Look at the back of the box,we could go swimming,hiking,horseback riding..."

keeds... keeds... first of all, ourseestorwhotakesEx asks a serious question, something that is burning within her boozum and all you can do, Grayish1, is come up with some lame story about how you don't need to yell at deaf people, dispariging the blind, and that you better watch out how you sit in a room full of deaf people (and don't fold your arms)... and Rocketmania, all you can think about is circumsizing your watch... (why you'd ever want to do anything like that, I don't know) BUT Jesus, Mary and Joseph Man! get your mind back into the word and out of Circumsizing watches in San Diego while on the way to Tijuana! Renew you mind to DerVeird Son!

You both probably need to do the RM retemories 6 or 7 times...

And Simontheloaded... surely you must be mistaken, that wouldn't have been a 9th corps brother... it was probably one of the 6th or 7th as many of them were known to eat mushrooms while camping... (of course, I would point out which ones were the good ones)...

MyseestorEx... I apologize for the folly of the brethren here... I know that you yearn, deep in your heart to know the answer... I would suspect though that a larger question than "do the deaf speak in tongues" would be... do they hear the voice of God? if the Grayish1 is correct, they don't and have no hope of the return... I cannot believe that God would let that happen... so... (following his logic again)... the deaf must be able to SEE God's lips move, thereby being able to read the lips of God, be born again, receive revelation, and know that God is good by his body language...

I hope this clears things up a little for you, it's a matter that I think we need to address further in study groups...

... big hitter, the lama...

well meestorSimontheloaded... been busy out shepherding in the feelowships today I see... got folks all stirred up about 'egg spear antses' even got ol' you know who to come out and preach er I mean play... good work my son and breather... methinks that the lord your god hast put away a leetle treat for you today...

ahhh sweetseestorEx, I trust you are as wonderful today as you are beyooteefull... yourotherseestorEx (of the tenth variety) has been absent... is this the time of her budget trip to Europa???

great darkness is again upon the face of the land... at least here in tayhoss... it isn't earthquaking again in jersey is it?

ya know myseestorEx, I lived in Brigantine for three years (late 80's early 90's) and in S. Philly for a year in 92... too bad we didn't know of this GS cafe then... we coulda had lunch...

Today, I watched children read the names of strangers, friends, and parents who were killed two years ago. Every so often, I would have to turn it off, because I was crying so hard.

If it's hard for me to even watch them reading their father's names, how much more indescribably difficult must it be for them to live each day without their loved ones?

Let's keep them in our minds, and in our prayers.

And pray that they are the last American children who have to go through this.

"Be just, and fear not."

Thanks for asking; Brother actually waited until they opened the cage today before cussing them out. They were supposed to try to move him to the "cat room"; it's a playground-type area for felines, and is further from the barks of the dogs. They want to try to get him to let them handle him without my intervention, if possible, because seeing me again would make him immediately think that he was coming back home.

If he could tell the difference between my little girl's room and the litterbox, he'd already be home.

Poor little guy.

But he'll be better off as the only cat, or only male cat, in his next household. He won't feel so "territorial," if you know what I mean.

I dropped the grad course, by the way.

Instead, I've been going to school for lunch with my boy, and reading to the kids for an hour each day.

Even though I'm still teaching four sections, it's been like a vacation.

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh.

Grapes. Send peeled grapes.

"Be just, and fear not."

Niki I agree with you. Although we don't know any of these people that children have lost thier parents,with multilple situtions, my heart of understanding is before the Lord as there is no other but He. They have a great loss that can not be replaced. I heard all that was said, I could not but turn my head of the multipliciy of indivduals that vanished instantly. I personally can not fix this. This is "THE WORLD" as all of my hearings have been from since I was a child of what I understand. These people greive and my heart goes out to them.