GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

I gave "Brother" the cat away today, to a local nonprofit which finds homes for animals. They'll get him a berth as somebody's housecat, rather than as our yardcat; he'll live longer, get more petting, get to sleep at the foot of the bed instead of in a box in the mudroom, etc.

The first thing that he did was rip open the forearm of the vet who was trying to get him out of the carrying cage.

Oh, Brother.

"Be just, and fear not."

Edited by Guest

They just called. He's backed up in the cage, won't talk to them, and has shown them his large, white teeth several times.

I may go and sit with him tomorrow, to get him to come out and let one of them pet him.

He's a really cool cat; he's just freaked right now.

Anybody want a sweet, friendly kitty-cat?

Got some heavy gloves?

"Be just, and fear not."

Ya know, niKa, my sweet little ol cat, he weighs less than 10 pounds, is as sweet as can be...most of the time. he occasionally gets roudy with us, BUT... when he sees another cat! Look out! He goes ballistic.

Out of the blue, the hair stands up and he goes to screetchin like he's a black cat on halloween.

So, he stays indoors and other cats stay away.

Took him to the vet one time (got him from the county pound) when we were going on vacation.

He wasn't as loud as he can get at home, but he was definitely ....ed to have been taken there.

He was ....ed when we went to get him, and took a few days to mellow out completely.

I hope it helps for you to go sit with yours for transition.

Hey,Tuttle,wouldn't it be sumthin'if God told us he'd teach us the Word like it hadn't been taught since the first century if we would teach it to young swimsuit models?

Stranger,I remember that picnic the first week in res. at that lake...We had a baseball game and you were the 1st baseman on my team....I had a pretty good arm then,and I remember throwing a stinger in your glove...

My daughter wants to give me one of her kittens and I'm not very fond of cats....I guess I don't see the profit in having a cat...

Symon, you are a man after my own heart.

I need to neuthetically confront you, however, here amongst our own household within the household, about you topic concerning experiences, laid out before all to see and partake (koineneo). WE, THE household within God's kitchen, know how to rightly divide our experiences. But to open up that question to all is like casting swine before pearls. As it is written, "Jesus wept".

Where was the baseball game that day at the lake?? I don't remember any ball game. I must have been witnessing...

oh yeah! the pickanick!

Simontheloaded, did I catch it? I was young then and probably still had some flexibility...

I have some pics from the pickanick, but mine elder corps younger sister (corps as well as blood) took all of them... whenever I see her again (which is more seldom now than ever), I'm going to get them...

reverend2Ts... the game was over there... face the lake, turn to your right until you see the cars... turn some more to the right and there it is... (or was that a different lake picanick)...

but I wish I knew who you guys were....

how come that fellowdipper quit coming here since I got here?

... big hitter, the lama...

So, Tommy S, you mean Paula's your real seeester?

an what mean ye that it's so much work over in the political forum?

why I'VE forgotten more about politics than some of those buzzards will evah know! (not that it would ever do me any good).

And wasn't it softball?

The Lord hath put it on mah heart to share a sto-rey, since Rocky Racoco is here:

Back when Clinton was in office, he was returning to Washington from Arkansas on Air Force One. A marine corps sargent (whatever happened to Jeff??) stood by at the bottom of the airplane's stairs, Clinton leading a pig by the leash down the stairs, and the following conversation ensued:

Clinton: Good afternoon, sargent.

Sargent: Good day, Sir!!

Clinton: Whaddya think of this pig?

Sargent: That's a mighty fine-looking pig, Sir!! How did you get the pig?

Clinton: I went to an auction down in Arkansas and got it there. I really didn't want a pig, but I got it for Hillary.

Sargent: Excellent trade, sir!!!

Ex and TomS...

ABOUT THE DEAF (Yes, the capital letters are SHOUTING… because THE DEAF AND DUMB CAN NOT HEAR US AND THEY DO NOT SPEAK IN TONGUES!!! TEHY DO NOT SPEAK TO START WITH)

OK... Let me interrupt the humor for a moment...

I know I spend a lot of time spinning "yarns" on this thread... But this one isn't. Seriously.

I worked with a fine young man who happened to be born from two deaf parents. I learned a ton from him. He was VERY PERCEPTIVE (not shouting now, just emphasis, OK?) when it came to “reading people”.

The deaf culture is very closed – almost a secret society in nature. They are very aware of the fact that hearing people think that their disability means they are dumb.... R E A D "Stupid" (rather than unable to speak)...

As he described it, his Dad was a near genius, yet opened-up to very few hearing people. Why? In a couple of words… non-verbal communications.

To his Dad, the non-verbal communications of the hearing were so “LOUD” that he could not forego the condescending “message” he received from most hearing people. He could read their lips… from across the room… and could read their non-verbals.

In short, the deaf have a more developed ability to see the real-you (and I am not talking about John Lynn’s book) than nearly anyone else. Blind people are much more “handicapped” when it comes to communication than are the deaf. Actually, the deaf “get it” more than most.

Now back to our reguarly scheduled humor...