GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

i listened on the radio to the kids reading and it make me cry

we had two 911 widows on our little league team and you should have seen all the dads trying extra extra hard encouraging and cheering on the little boys who didn't have their dads there

there are too many things in this life pfal didn't answer

Yes, it rained and rained, and then rained some more.

I have been raining, too.

I got a phone call about 8:30 Thursday evening, saying that my Daddy was being taken into emergency surgery. They were only waiting for the surgical team to make it to the hospital. By the time I drove there, the surgery had been going on for about an hour and a half. It was supposed to last about that long, or maybe two hours.

It lasted almost five hours, and he just couldn't take it. Daddy passed away at about four o'clock yesterday morning (Sept. 12th).

Please pray for us, and most particularly, for my sweet Mom.

Love, niKa

"Be just, and fear not."

NIKA,...I hurt for you,your family,and especially your mother...You've expressed here what a great man your father was,and I hope God gives you and your family needed comfort at this difficult time...While we all expect that we will outlive our parents,it doesn't make the time any less sorrowful when one of our parents passes on...Thank God we have memories...I,for one,appreciate you informing us here of your loss...May God bless....

nika dear sweet girl. i am so very very sorry. i don't know what to say. you and your dear mom and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and tears. i wish i could be with you to hold you. i am glad you have a wonderful husband.

i would have written sooner but i just returned from an out of town wedding.

i love you. i am so sorrowful.

I just returned also, just like Ex, and am so sorry for yours and your family's loss. I know it is not an easy thing to deal with, but we as your 9th bro's & sis's, even tho we joke at about everything, are behind you and pray for you & yours.

There will come a day when we all are together again, with no pain or sorrow ...

Niki My heart goes out to you. Once when I was at Gunnison my father passed. After twenty four years I do not forget my time with him. What I am saying is you will get over the initial shock with a good cry I cried so hard myself, but you will never forget him. Often I want to be with him and visit, but no more. I want you to know niki I will pray for you and soon come down to visit when I am in the city.

Thank you, thank you all.

The graveyard that Daddy picked is tiny, old, and at the end of a dead-end road. You have to drive by a mule in a field on one side, and a horse in a field on the other side, to get there. There are small, very old stones in all sections. It would take about three minutes to walk from the entrance all the way to the back fence.

All of those things make this place perfect for Daddy.

The best of all, however, is that across that back fence are back yards of country houses, where swingsets and children rule. Only a few yards from his gravesite, children will be swinging, laughing, rough-housing, and growing. He always loved to be where children were happy.

Here's a phrase that we've found jotted down on slips of paper, and left all around the house, in his handwriting:

"The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears."

I appreciate all of your sweet, kind, loving words. Thank you for your prayers; we really need them right now.

Love, niKa

"Be just, and fear not."