GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Al la P,

Tom Burke wrote this jazzy harmony for guitar and violin on one of the numbers and I used to love playing that. But don't remember the guitar player too well.

The drummer and I were both Colic D'vision and that was the 1st time VPW let Korps and Colics perform together.

Good luck to that little fiddler. Canuks have some great fiddle tunes!

Exxie,

You get the prize.... it was pete.

But no dentures... pete had no dentures.

Bbuzzes,

same piece of floss? i don't know... can't vouch for that.

Tell me about what type of music do you play? ... songs ... do you play in a band?

jazzy guitar/fiddle tune.. sounds delightful.

'til the next time...

Edited by Guest

I'm making OU cookies. Tailgate party in my living room. All four kids present. Little ones dancing around singing the school song at every touchdown.

niKa and Husband of niKa dancing aroung the living room, singing school song and giving high fives and doing the bump at each touchdown.

Everybody wearing Crimson and Cream.

Just trying to help your visualization.

"Be just, and fear not."

Gosh, golly niKa, best I can tell, the OU game is on at the same time as the Sun Devils waddling around in Duck country... both of which apparently televised regionally... so I won't be able to see the OU game... will look for highlights.

Be sure and tell us if any of your students makes a big play.

Score:

The University of Texas: 13

The University of Oklahoma: 65

I ought to ask you folks to pray more often!

MMMMWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

WhoooooopWhoooooooopWhoooooooooooop!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOMER SOOOOOOOOOOOOONER!

Maybe the school President will give us all Monday off; that's what he did a few years ago, when we beat them by a large margin.

65 is the highest number of points ever scored by any team in the history of the OU / TX rivalry.

icon_smile.gif:)-->

"Be just, and fear not."

Reply to A la,

I play fiddle/violin in about 6 different groups. Swing, Dixieland, Belly Dance Music, Country, Folk and a Variety Band. Used to play a lot of fiddle tunes and bluegrass music, but not so much anymore. Two of the bands I play with work on the road from time to time, like maybe 11 weekends a year and a couple of 2 week trips. I really like doing the Swing stuff and the Arabic music. The others I mostly play in because they pay, but most of the bands are decent.

Exie,

On the floss thing. No disparragement meant to good old Pete, and I can't testify as to how serious he was about this. However I did once get a little teaching from him in the showers in the CD dorm about the sterwardship of floss. I could hardly forget a thing like that because it changed my life.

buzz, expound. do you take it in the shower with you and hang it up with your towel after ?

community believing call.... we need to start a 24-hour for the red sox

1. excathedra

24. excathedra

♥

Rock:

Monday is a government holiday, but not an OU holiday. We have our priorities straight, and our needs and wants parrallell.

This means that we always take the Friday BEFORE the OU / TX game as a whole-school holiday, so that our students can safely travel down to Dallas for the Big Game.

A few years ago, my husband now informs me, our college president (David Boren) got into some hot water for cancelling Monday classes after the rout of the Texas team, because it meant that in the classes with uniform exams, some students would have one fewer lecture opportunity than others. For instance, Chemistry, Psychology, and every other class that meets in 300+ attendance for lectures, and has tests on some predetermined evening, with a two or three thousand students testing at the same time. The kids with Monday lecture classes don't have as much instruction time as the kids with Tuesday lecture classes, if Monday gets cancelled.

Anyway, we work tomorrow. I'm spending the day grading papers.

"Be just, and fear not."

1. excathedra, mini me, mstar

2. simonzelotes, mstar

3. simonzelotes, mstar

4. rocky, mstar

5. snowball pete, jardinero, mstar

6. tuttle, mstar

7. tuttle, mstar

8. tuttle, mstar

9. alfakat, mstar

10. maggie muggins, pawtucket, mstar

11. maggie muggins, mstar

12. nika, mstar

13. ohbehave, mstar

14. simonzelotes, mstar

15. bbuzzes, mstar

16. a la prochaine, mstar

17. fellowsheeper, mstar

18. bishop K.C. pillai, mstar

19. tom strange, too gray, mstar

20. tom strange, too gray, mstar

21. alfakat, mike, mstar

22. mike, dot, mstar

23. mstar

24. excathedra, mini me, mstar

(((((((((ohhhhhhhhh thanks you guys))))))))))

♥

Edited by Guest

I have been having a hard time following this but (((((excie)))))) whatever it means, thanks for including me, I think....hehe Still love ya

mini me

Ok!! I will not try to be a nice person...ok? I will not!!