GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

You guys are sweethearts.

I went back to work yesterday, and had to tramp all over campus to get from class to class. Made it through the day, but was so tired that I had to do the shopping this morning from one of those motorized sit-down zoomers. That was weird.

Probably won't need to do that again. These antibiotics are working very, very well.

Poor doctor had the whole chemistry/biochemistry department second-guessing his every move (no pressure there), but he did just fine. He's used to it, in a college town.

Leg is barely even red anymore, and 95% of the swelling is gone.

I'm going to grab a nap by the horns, and wrestle it over onto the sofa.

:sleep1:

love, niKa

Poor doctor had the whole chemistry/biochemistry department second-guessing his every move (no pressure there), but he did just fine. He's used to it, in a college town.

Now you're drudging up memories of my visits to the health center when I was in college. I can remember some interesting visits, but, at least for me, I was given pretty good treatment. I guess they areused to so much because they see it all.

Something about your "class to class" phrase that brough up a wise guy response I could make...but it is out of my character, so I will forbear...

Cool niKa! you get to ride around on those scooters!

Gosh,Tom...this is the second straight thread I'm quoting you on...You're where the action is today,brother...

Anyway,I,too was thinking about Nika doing her shopping in one of those scooters...It's certainly no laughing matter,of course,although,I couldn't help but picture Nika in her scooter,poking some stockboy in his rear end with her cane or crutch,and saying "Young man,be a dear and reach up on that top shelf and get me a large bottle of that Geritol"....

Grab that nap by the horns,Nika!...Sometimes two hours of sleep does more for me than 15 minutes of speaking in tongues...

Okay, you guys. Geritol references? Oh, the pain. Just pass the orthopedic hose and the hairnet.

I could get out and reach my own stuff; I just couldn't walk around all over the acreage of Walmart for an hour, and be good for anything else all day. As it happens, I just shouldn't have gone back to work that soon; it wore me to a nub.

Fellowshipper: I'm not one of those people (notice I'm avoiding any gender-specific terms, due to my desire to AVOID GENDER STEREOTYPING) who likes shopping. But after four nights and days out in the hospital, we needed a couple things . . ..

Cane? C'mon over here, Simon, and I'll thwack you one with my cane (actually, I didn't ever need one.) I did have a prescription for crutches, but never had to get them.

Today, I taught all of those classes again, and the walking was much, much easier. No Tylenol required.

But there's maybe a little bit of grumpiness due to being still very tired.

Maybe a little bit . . .

:sleep1:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha empty out the checkbook in your mind !!!! rev. tuttles please see the dear abby thread in the "about The Way (initial cap on the t)" section

((((((( simon ))))))) you had to let your little girl go. where did she get that adventurous spirit ? it's almost like someone growing up in illinios and moving to arizona

she went on 9/11. see she's like a brave new yorker already

Okay, so God's first, our families are second, but our thread is not willing to be third.

just moving it up

:dance:

whatcha doin?

But it was for a while... I mean, no one posted on it for over 72 hours...three days and three nights it was in the grave...

And I don't cheat...that is, I dont go around posting on every other corps thread just to drive this one down. I'll stick to my 8th, maybe the 5th since I started that one, and of course this one once in a while.

Okay, well I did know some 6th and 7th...

Hey, our IN LC who replaced JAL was in the 4th...

plus he was at HQ in the fall of 79 along with almost all the 9th corps I ever knew...

Lemmee see, now who were they...that I can remember...

JK, RN, CN, BP, SP, VD, DB, LR.....

there must be some I am not remembering right now...

plus there was a D? fron canada I remember that fall at LEAD,

Oh yea, LP was 8th that fall but wound up 9th...

And I knew LN at Emporia, also 8th who wound up 9th...

But I know I m leaving some out.

Look, after the twenty something years out after the POP reading I decided to reread it to get my bearing of my youth and all of my ninth Corps brethen I served with and it was enlightening as I never listened again after the reading, but got out. I know this is a cut up thread we do here, but I look back. I know you may say U need counseling and I am married to one and am anylized every waking moment I rebel against. WHAT SAY YE Talk among yourselves.

shipper... methinks you talk more like an aussie every day... for someone who lives in our future I cannot understand a word you say... but since you know what tomorrow holds how's about letting us know who will win this afternoon: the cubbies or the reds? and tonight: the Bosox or the yankees?

Please respond prior to the closing of the betting window...

Simon, you've gone and done it. Brought up an independant kid, who feels strong and brave enough to move off to New York City by herself, a bazillion miles away from her support system and friends.

Wow, what a kid she must be.

This is sooo different from the apron-strings hangers that we hear so much about these days.

GOOD JOB, DAD!!!!

:eusa_clap:

You must have taught that one a thing or two about independance and self-reliance.

:eusa_clap:

Excie can interpret foreign tongues ... I'm sure she can bring forth a word of interpretation ...

Cubs are surging ... Reds are bitten by devils

Cubs will lose 4-0

Bosox are possessed by a choking spirit ...

Cardinals need some momentum, San Fran is on the edge ... that should be a good game

Edited by rhino

Hey Simon, when are u coming to FL again? Isn't it time for u to be a rover again? Stop by anytime.

On another note, I hear ya'll in the 9th were under the rule of one TJ. I clicked on a recent "teaching" of his online because I was feeling self destructive. I almost puked.

Thought that would bless someof you.