GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

What the hey is going on here? What meaneth the bleating of the lambs that I hear in mine earballs? Last time I tried to get into this, God's kitchen, ever-thin was hung up, like our MOG to the sun. Now, I finally get in, and I see something about our Rocky raccoon being disbarred. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

I will return after my hour of power, my motion with devotion, here at work. Simon, thou art filled (pletho) with good stuff. Why must we READ our sermons ....

feelowsleeper... I was borned and raised here... jes don tawk funny like them utherz har is awl... and then spent so much time up north being a missionary in a cult that when I got back here... they said I talked funny!

just saw a thing on PBS about supertwisters... you guys be careful up there... the season is nigh upon us!

Hey, I want to party with BOTH you dudes!

We just watched the twister thing, too. Some of that footage looked like our house did, after the twister that took out the homeplace while I was on my L.E.A.D. solo, so long ago.

We are ten minutes from Moore, so we always try to know where the flashlights, radio, and bicycle helmets are.

I have students who come in from all over the country to study meteorology here. They're smart, and they have weird thingys on the tops of their cars. They get strange gleams in their eyes whenever it clouds up in the Springtime. Odd-looking vehicles prowl the city streets, with sensors bulging out at all angles. The doppler trucks from the Nova show are usually parked in a lot which is on my way to work.

It's kind of fun, in a spine-tingling, I-hope-we-don't-die sort of way.

They finally rebuilt our favorite Mexican restaurant in Moore (for the second time).

icon_wink.gif;)-->

Hey 9th corps did you see what Joe believer wrote on the nice leader thread thing:

"Early on as a newbie Mike Gudorf for teaching New Testament Greek (on his own in his apt.) in Chicago. Great class and instructors were very helpful. Then there was Joe Kristen and his wife, Debbie Feese. God, Joe had a way of being a stickler on the Word then turn around and make you laugh your *** off. Never turned any one away from a fellowship I don't think. Debbie ran a fellowship 'fore marrying Joe in the area and she was awesome and sharp with people too. Just to watch her work with total strangers and minister the Word was something."

tommyeerie, Do you mean Grand lake instead of Grant? That lake is up on the Kansas/Missouri border although they do dump water downstream onto our lake. It is the Neosha river that ran through Emporia but once it enters Oklahoma it is the Grand River because of legal reasons beyond my understanding reasoning. That water from the Grand lake is discharged on us where I work at Ft. Gibson. Where I work at my dam job, I also give dam tours.

I know what you mean... I do about a 100 a work day usually... when I traded in my three year old Jetta in October, it had 93,000 miles on it... but that's crappy, in city, mostly sitting in rush hour miles... but it got 50 MPG in town (it was a TDI)... now the Element gets half that but at least I have room for more than myself and golf clubs...

Our big, green, boxy van gets lousy gas mileage, but at least I have room for my husband, myself, and all the kids, and the odd stray dog that we find wandering homeless, and groceries, and the weedeater, and the air compressor, and the rototiller, and all of the fishing equipment, and the Radio City Rockettes, and Cox's Army.

That's not too much to ask of a family van, is it?

Edited by notinKansasanymore