GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

hey! there's too much private topicking going on around here!

where are all of the bee leavers?

where are our brothers and sisters with the words of wisdom and prophesy to edify and control us?

what in the wide wide world of sports is going on?

P.S. niKa... sorry about your boys in the big 12 tourney... -l.l (that's a hook'em sign icon_biggrin.gif:D-->)

It's hard to make that change, When life and love turns strange. And old.

To give a love, you gotta live a love. To live a love, you gotta be "part of". When will I see you again?

Thanks, Tom.

It was surely a squeaker, but a heartbreaker, nonetheless. And my babies asked me, in the middle of the game, "Which one is Jabahri Brown?" We always cheered for him, because he was in my class a couple of years ago.

It was the cue for the long talk about making mistakes and bad decisions, and getting taken off of the team.

Sad! But a learning talk.

Jabahri has been away from his parents (because of basketball) since he was in the 9th grade. He's a nice guy.

"Live just, and fear not."

Yes, Rocky is banned. icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(-->

icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(-->

"Live just, and fear not."

Yep,...Rocky's been banned,..excommunicated,..disfellowshipped,..marked and avoided,..shown the door,..cast out,..squelched,..given his walking papers,..kicked off the wow field,..dropped corpse,..86ed,..sent to the showers,..Don't call greasespot,Rocky,we'll call you...

It's so much better here than that other denomination we used to belong to,...well,because it just is...The rules are better here...The people spake...They wanted rules,a ten page thread devoted to them,in fact...Why,around here,inappropriate behavior on this here message board ranks somewhere on the evil scale with Hitler,sex abuse in a certain motorcoach,and child molestation...

We don't want a certain kind around here...After all,when people post inappropriate things or abusive language,they automatically appear as popups on our computer screen and we are forced to read the words before we can continue whatever it is we were doing...Some of us even have to type in our viewpoints of the various cockfights we are forced to read here before we can continue about our business...

What's of primary importance here at greasespot is not what is said,rather how it's said...Who cares about discussions?...It's more entertaining to watch people box with words,put your two cents in,then press the alert button when you've had enough...

Speaking of which,one of the people I most admire here,aside from you wonderful 9th corpse,and lurkers and drive-bys here is that Mike guy...Here's a guy who strolls into an anti-way message board preaching way doctrine,and he's got about half the greasespot posters twisted into knots,...all thinking they're going to say the magical words to convert the guy,I guess...Or perhaps they're doubting their faith,or lack of it...Maybe it's just mental exercise...Seems like whenever I tune in to one of his threads(about once a month,or so)it's like watching a rerun on tv...Of course,we need to keep his threads where they are because they do generate a lot of hits,and in the grand scheme of things,isn't that all that really matters?

I'm not angry at Pawtucket or any of the other moderators...Rather,I am appreciative of them for providing a venue to reacquaint myself with some old way friends and discuss things with other ex-cultists...Maybe they're under the misconception that they are our twig leaders...But rather than setting the rules from the top down,they set them from the bottom up...I have never expected fairness from this site,but I do appreciate forthrightness...

I think I may have underestimated the damage the way has done to some people...Maybe we're all still a little lost,confused,still looking for that rulebook that will dictate faith and practice unto us...Maybe it's a lot easier to get out of the way than getting the way out of us....

I'll miss you,Rocky,...and excathedra,...and Fellowshipper,and the two Toms,and Nika and the rest of you drop-bys...We all know how to stay in contact...I'm still looking for a place to hang my hat...It's been a fun run....Thanks for the memories...

i love you simon and admire you so much. you're not a culthead addict like me.

but it's getting easier to change with the way things are going.

i really really appreciate everything you've said here. you were a great guy back in the day (way) and you still are.... even more.

ohman big sigh i feel like coming with you....

love you

Maybe Simon has a good idea.

Personally, I have more basement to clean out, and kids to bring up, and papers to grade.

I'm probably going to ease up on Greasepot for awhile. I'll check my private topics in a few days, in case anybody wants to trade private e-mail addresses. The best thing about GS is linking up with people from the past, and I'm thankful for that.

This isn't one of those "goodbye, forever" posts. It's just a "see you around, every once in awhile" post.

Am I doing this in support of Rocky? Probably, but also in support of the boxes in the basement that still need to be gone through.

love to all,

and many thanks, Pawtucket, for the whole site in the first place,

icon_cool.gif

niKa

nika my friend, excathedra2000@yahoo.com

i don't always agree with rocky, but i'm for him (are you reading this rocky?) same as i am for others who don't toe the line or however that saying goes

i suppose certain "mindsets" "win"

i'll bet you feel kinda like, "if you don't bow, you won't burn" but guess what.... you got burnt icon_smile.gif:)-->

maybe it's a blessing in disguise. maybe your basement needs help too. oops do you have basements in arizona ?

anyway.... you "guys" mean a lot to me

love from the stupid frikkin chair icon_wink.gif;)-->

"Speaking of which,one of the people I most admire here,aside from you wonderful 9th corpse,and lurkers and drive-bys here is that Mike guy...Here's a guy who strolls into an anti-way message board preaching way doctrine,and he's got about half the greasespot posters twisted into knots,...all thinking they're going to say the magical words to convert the guy,I guess...Or perhaps they're doubting their faith,or lack of it...Maybe it's just mental exercise...Seems like whenever I tune in to one of his threads(about once a month,or so)it's like watching a rerun on tv...Of course,we need to keep his threads where they are because they do generate a lot of hits,and in the grand scheme of things,isn't that all that really matters?

I'm not angry at Pawtucket or any of the other moderators"

Can we trade in Mike and keep Rocky? I mean Mike sucks, just reading his posts give me a headache, he is insulting and metally ill.

Can we swap them?

Paw? We will gladly give you Mike in exchange for Rocky. I did not always agree with Rocky but he was not insane preaching the Bible is in tatters and PFAL was God breathed to replace the Bible. NOTHING Rocky ever said comes close to ....ing me off like that statement.

Ummmmm

We do not know what happened. Maybe Pawster was trying to work things out and Rockster went off on him. We don't know.

Pawster has taken a lot of crap from a lot of people and he did not ban them. So I do want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

But I still would like to swap Mike for the Rockster.

Rocky, we'll miss you. Not sure what the heck happened! (Not sure I wanna know.) But surely you can come back on some day. Won't you stay in touch? Just email us your posts and we'll copy and paste them here for you. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> We'll take turns. Later!

Igothope