GreaseSpot Cafe

Arizona

Zshot

And here, in the heart of Phoenix, my car's A.C. is on the fritz. yikes!

And to top it off, the entire subdivision where my house is being built, burned to the ground last week.

My Oregonian webfeet and gills are drying out!

Whenever I hear someone say: "but its just a dry heat," I hafta laugh. My bones are tan.

I was sent WOW to Tempe in 1987-88 or was it 86-87 (Mandii help ask your hubby when we went WOW. It is a blur to me!). When I arrived, I thought Dear God, what did I do to deserve this?!!!

I grew up mostly in New England and even in the hottest days there is always and nice wind that would blow a gentle breeze and give you hope. I remember thinking to myself when I arrived "Geez I hope the wind would blow a breeze in my face" Well I got my wish the breeze blew and I thought my face had melted. Then I knew I was in HELL!

Even with all that heat, I lived there for five years. Well should I say I lived in my house for five years. Ventured out only at night and those few months of "winter"

Sorry to hear about those wildfires sirguessalot! It sounds scary.

Edited by Guest

Rocky, I beg to differ, we met. I know you and you know me! Me and my WOW sisters stayed in your way home for a week while we were looking for some place to live.

We were the cute 18, 19, and 20 somethings that stayed with you all as you were leaving the way home.

Names: Laura, Peyton, Marrianne and Cindy G.

Didn't you have someone named Will, in your home? I loved him, but Faith did not approve! I was much to young ya know!

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Indeed... those names ring bells.

I don't make the connection as to who you are, however, but will admit that we must have met if what you recall is true.

And I've been here ever since.

We've sure live lots of life since then, eh?

Was sent to Phoenix as a WOW in '80-81 - one of the outreach cities that year. At least 120+ wows were sent to the metro area (hopefully my memory serves me right on that number). My wow family lived in "Sunnyslope."

Boy, whatta year - lots of memories.

Per.

Edited by Guest

Hey Scrappy, I was in AZ in 96.

I am on the West Siiiiiiide! I ran a fellowship with my wife and use to go out with the waydishciples some times. As far as I know, only two are still 'in', Deanna, she is still in AZ and in bad shape, going through hoops to keep leadership off her back, and the tall skinny guy, he went to hq and is going corp or already graduated.

Are you a cutie blond? I think I know who you are.

If it is you, I always liked you. But boy, did good ole 'rev.bodo' sure talk bad about you after you left. He blamed the total lack of success of the waydishciples on you of course, what a jerk he was and still is!!!!!!

And, he is still in AZ and people are so sick of him, but no one will speak up to him because of fear and they know what a baby he is (he is always right and everyone one else is always wrong).

Anyway, it is soooo cool to hear from you, I pray everything is OK for you and you are doing well.

My family and I are moving to the east coast soon, too many bad memories from 9yrs of being used and abused from the twi in AZ.

We quit just this last Jan. We just could not eat the twi lies anymore!

Bless ya!!!!

"Why does everyone go so slow when I am in a hurry?"

Hi Midnight, you guessed right!! I figured the lc would badmouth me, I told him I was moving to Michigan to be closer to my family & nothing he said would change my mind. That whole confrontation is what FINALLY opened my eyes to the fact that I had given over the control of my life & I decided to take it back. It was the best decision I had made in years!!!!!! He said some very nasty things & it was very difficult to be ignored by people who were suppose to be so loving. But I have moved on with my life and enjoying my freedom. I will email you.

Thanks, that was nice, Z.

Dott, don't know no Sue. There are VERY few people still in the twi who live in Phx from back in the 80's that wouuld know her. And they are all afraid to look on the internet at any 'anti-twi web site', cause they are afraid they might get possesed or something. Actually, the ones I know do not want to look at the anti-twi sites because they are afraid of finding out the truth about the twi, they want to keep living in their little 'twi world' and make all the bad things go away.

So you see, I do not know a girl named Sue. A boy named Sue????? ooops, thats a good ole Jonny Cash song.

Bless ya!

"Why does everyone go so slow when I am in a hurry?"

• 1 year later...

I went to AZ in Feb this year.

I was way out at Eden Hot Springs, which is east of Phoenix.

It was a really lovely drive on state rt 70 or 60. Winding roads in the AZ desert, with lots of saguaro, and agave, etc. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I came back and stayed the night with a ex-way 13th Corps friend of mine in Gilbert.

We had a good time talking and laughing etc.

Judy Propati.

Then I drove home the next day and of course took the scenic route back to Las Vegas.

I drove to the AZ side of Lake Meade to see it, then drove on over the Hoover Dam into Las Vegas which is the Mohave desert.

Nice week.

AZ is very beautiful. I like the desert...

Phoenix is very interesting with it's big rocks just jutting up all over the place.

If I could afford to build a home on the top of one of those little mountains I would be doing it now....

• 1 year later...