GreaseSpot Cafe

BTK Killer

RottieGrrrl

Thanks for the link Shellon. Here is the full background of the story from crimelibrary.com

BTK Strangler

They haven't given out his name/identity yet. There are various websites devoted to him, one is www.catchbtk.com which has a chat that has been exploding with people who have been linking his pic and his personal info.

Interesting, the work link where his name/pic is, has been taken down, but I still have the cached version if it's him. The church link that mentions his name is down too. That's IF it's the guy. Like I said it's still the Internet and I shouldn't jump the gun.

The reporters said it was a "city inspector" and I also heard "compliance officer" for Park City. There are only two compliance officers and this guy is listed as the supervisor.

They have suspected all along the guy worked in some sort of law enforcement capacity.

But KS officials are holding a press conference Saturday morning, at 10am there time. So We'll all find out what's going on then.

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

I'd like to thank my wife, children, my dog Harvey, who went plenty of nights without his beggin strips, the fish, Larry, whos bowl was rarely cleaned, and last but not least, my lawnmower Vera.

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

CNN just broke in to ask if the reporter if there ever going to get around to saying who the hell this guy is or not.

unbelievable all these years.... and a model citizen to boot....

from an article:

quote:
The BTK slayings began in 1974 with the strangulations of Joseph Otero, 38, his wife, Julie, 34, and their two children.
is this the family where their son is still alive? i read where he really needed to ask this .... why he chose his family and what was the connection to his dad.... or something like that. poor man, i hope he finds closure of some sort, along with all the other victims' families

too horrible

icon_eek.gif Satori -- ya think!!??

Saw a story on serial killers on a cable show several months ago, and they mentioned this guy btk prominently. He would taunt the police with "souveniers" of his *conquests* (photos of victim's drivers licences, etc.) through the mail, would call up a radio personality, give hints live on air, all sorts of stuff.

CNN said tonight that he was still the prez of his church, and tomorrow they (CNN) will be talking to the radio personality that btk chose to talk to exclusively back when this was all going on.

There are not enough expletives invented to adequately describe this &%^#*@#, and the evil he carried out. icon_mad.gif

The town dog catcher, who would have thunk?

dmiller. Agreed completely, with your last sentence. Amen to that.

Satori, lol. But your're right, how many seemingly normal citizens are out there like him?

exie: Yeah that's the guy. What is confusing to me, is I saw him a couple weeks ago on Larry King, when they were discussing BTK. And I swear he said that his 2 siblings who were at home (I think he had 4 in total) LIVED! And he got them out of the house. I don't get it because it's in direct contrast to what was reported.

He has been in trouble with the law, and some people are trying to help him back on his feet. The son, I mean.

They also had another guy on larry king, that was absolutely heartbreaking. His mother got murdered in his view when he was 5 years old. They showed a couple of snippets of a local reporter interviewing him and it was heartbreaking. He blames himself. He said he was the one who let his mothers killer in when the guy knocked on his door asking if his parents were home. He said his Mom was sick in bed and he let the guy in, and his Mom was murdered.

He too, has been in and out of jail, on misdomeanors, drugs I believe.

I mean this serial killer/sadist has really screwed up peoples lives.

Interstingly, his daughter Kerri (Dennis Rader's daughter) Has a website, (and yes this is his daughter) She is 26 years old, and a graduate of Kansas State University.

She's very, very into Christianity, and has close to a dozen links on her website to Bible research/ministries, etc.

Unbelieavable.

I've also read a couple of very different reports of how they were able to link this guy to the killings.... But I'm tired of writing now. I'm lazy. I'll follow up later. Like anyone cares. icon_wink.gif;)-->

LOL

(well, maybe exie does, she's a crime buff.)

yep the story was huge all across Kansas as I drove through yesterday. Apparently his primary job was in code enforcement, and he made plenty of his neighbors ticked off by taking pictures of the back of their houses, supposedly looking for zoning code viloations. what REALLY got a neighbor mad was when he was seen measuring the height of her grass to see if he could ticket her for the grass being too tall.

~HAP

• 3 months later...

Anybody following the testimony?

His fantasies included hanging an 11-year old girl from the sewer pipe in her family's basement. He murdered the entire family.

He's so matter-of-fact and polite, as if describing a bad movie he'd seen the night before to a class.

Or maybe recounting a morbid dream, which the describer feels confident never really took place. His victims sound like characters of a narrative, not people. They each have a role, and he has a role. His drama unfolds, and they die, as if it were all agreed in advance. There's no malice in his voice, no anger at the victims, no remorse at their fate. It's just about the role they each play. When the play is over, everybody gets to go home, if they survive.

It's as if he might have invited them to church the next Sunday, and given them a friendly scolding about locking their doors, and not trusting strangers.

He provides commentary on the mind of a serial killer, as if he were his own confessor, eager to share what he'd learned with a rapt audience.

O'Reilly called him "evil" tonight. That didn't take much imagination. Belaboring the obvious tells me we don't know much about what we call "evil."

When we see Rader, we don't see the "monster" who committed those monstrous acts. We see its willing host. It's an odd thought.

I havent seen it, it doesnt sound like OReilly added much.

Sounds like he'll probably be the subject of a mountain of books and maybe somewhere in there a criminal psychologist or someone may pick up some insights. 'Evil' is too easy and simplistic for me although apt, the mans hardwiring has to be totally different. I havent got a passion for these things but it would be interesting to study and understand..

It is eerie to watch...eerie to hear just how 'ordinary' this guy is on the surface.

Code compliance...problems with enforcement officers all over Kansas major cities...doing things just like described...by a serial killer...

In one of her books, Corrie ten Boom talks about some of the first signs of problems...one of them being Code Compliance...

::shudder::