GreaseSpot Cafe

Triple Movie Links Game

Raf

quote:
Originally posted by Hope R.:

Raf - are HBO aired movies allowed? Or "made for TV" movies? I was thinking about Al Pacino and how remarkable he was in "Angels in America" - that was better than most films I've seen in a movie theater.

We should be flexible on this. Most TV movies, no one's ever heard of. Please refrain from the obscure movie of the week that aired one time in 1980. And Lifetime movies are out and out banned.

But Steven King's The Stand has already been used. I can't imagine penalizing for "V" or Roots.

If you're reasonably confident that a lot of people have seen it or heard of it (Angels in America would pass), then by all means.

By the same token, Al Pacino has no shortage of theatrical releases to consider, so if it's not necessary, then let's not go there.

Use your discretion.

Last movie was: 10

Hmmm, Tref, perhaps you could choose a different movie for Michael Caine, or a different actor from "The Italian Job"?

I did a lookup and found that Noel Coward's films were all pre-1970, and none of them with the exception of the aforementioned was all that successful here in the colonies.

OK - wasn't aware that the age of the movie was an issue or whether a brit film did well in the USA or not.

Shall we try...

Michael Caine

Educating Rita

Julie Walters

It's amazing that you never saw that superb war movie "In which we serve." Coward could have been linked with John Mills etc etc icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Tref - it isn't necessarily the age of a movie at issue, but rather how many people here at GSpot have seen the movie in question, or have seen movies with the actors in question.

I guess no one here (except you) has seen very many movies with Noel Coward in the cast.

quote:
It's amazing that you never saw that superb war movie "In which we serve." Coward could have been linked with John Mills

Why, yes, of course, that would have solved everything. Thanks, Fadduh.

John Mills? Who the hell is he tawkin about?

icon_smile.gif:)-->

Sigourney Weaver

Alien

John Hurt

I believe that's "Sir John Mills."

Derail alert (sorta): If you ever want a good chuckle, track down the movie The Wrong Box from the late 60s, starring Michael Caine and featuring John Mills and (Sir) Ralph Richardson as feuding brothers. Peter Sellers plays a small part as a quack doctor with a bunch of cats. Hilarious. You almost have to watch it more than once to catch all the humor. Some of it is in-your-face rowdy, but some is quite subtle. One of my all-time favorite comedies.

John Mills (Sir John) still at time of writing is . He is well into his nineties and is the last of his generation. Although probably most famous for British films he played the father in Swiss Family Robinson and I cannot believe nobody has seen him as Pip in David Lean's Great Expectations.

Besides daughter Hayley, he also has a daughter named Juliet who is based in the US and did appear in US TV.

Sorry for the derail, but the question was asked icon_biggrin.gif:D-->