GreaseSpot Cafe

Baseball (the talkin' sport)

Tom Strange

I've said my piece on JD Drew already. He does have talent though, and who knows, maybe he'll find himself in Fenway.

He was the most invisible 'star' the Dodgers ever had-and that's saying alot. I've heard noone, no fan, reporter, teammate, anyone,say one word about missing him. The Dodgers were all set to keep him and let Nomar go, which was as irrational an idea as I've heard here-and that's saying alot.

I 'predict' JD will start off with a bang, then gradually fade into obscurity-assuming he's healthy enough to play. Sometimes he didn't play for mysterious health reasons. The Sox better hope JD and Manny don't have "I can't play todayitis" on the same day. I doubt that "JD being JD" will fly like "Manny being Manny" seems to.

hmm I just said another piece on JD. Sorry-guess I got carried away.

Does anyone think the Tigers can go back to the Series?

I had a blast last year and didn't wince too much when they threw the games away.

After 12 straight losing seasons, it was fun to be a Tiger fan.

Last time I had that much fun, I was deep into TWI. But I am feeling much better now.

Welcome Mr. Burns

Amazing how much fun winning is...

Its tough to tell at this point, we seem to be on a run of highly improbables

who would have expected in 2000

to see consecutive championships

by the Diamondbacks, Angels, Marlins, Red Sox, White Sox and then have the Tigers in the series?

Not me

In baseball anything can happen

Edited by mstar1

I'm sorry to inform you Mr. Burns, but as we all know (and maybe mstar forgot) the Texas stRangers will go to and win the world series this year...

...remember this: we have it in the bag because we just fired Buck S. Your Tigers may win many games and keep you interested most of the year though, so enjoy your world series while you can... we're destined to win this year! :biglaugh:

I'm sorry to inform you Mr. Burns, but as we all know (and maybe mstar forgot) the Texas stRangers will go to and win the world series this year...

...remember this: we have it in the bag because we just fired Buck S. Your Tigers may win many games and keep you interested most of the year though, so enjoy your world series while you can... we're destined to win this year! :biglaugh:

Of course we all know how easy it is to jinx a team in baseball these days....:P

So, perhaps the stRange stRanger fan might want to temper his comments, lest they become bulletin board material -- especially for the other teams in the AL West! :evildenk:

And ahem... Mr. Mstar, it wasn't more than a few days ago that YOURS TRULY also became a member of the 4000 club!! :D

The only ones I can remember right now are named Tex, Blalock and YOUNG! (and I'm pretty sure that you would take two of those three on your teams ANYTIME!)

Oh flying squirrel... there can be no jinx! ...it is an absolute! ...of course the stRangers could be the first to break it! (but that will not be considered until we're mathematically eliminated... probably sometime in mid-July)

The only ones I can remember right now are named Tex, Blalock and YOUNG! (and I'm pretty sure that you would take two of those three on your teams ANYTIME!)

Oh flying squirrel... there can be no jinx! ...it is an absolute! ...of course the stRangers could be the first to break it! (but that will not be considered until we're mathematically eliminated... probably sometime in mid-July)

I'm glad you have it in perspective then... :P

AND I AM NOT a squirrel, flying or otherwise! :biglaugh:

a marvel-and after a major suspension no less!

Like Ted Williams we wonder where you would be if your good years werent lost to war.

Your graciousness, which knows no bounds (foul lines?) is appreciated! :dance:

No Yankees clock ?

I'm realizing that it's finally happened. I'm so immersed in Dodgertown that I would have to call myself a Dodger 'fan' more than a Yankee 'fan'.

I will always root for the Yanks-you can't take the little boy loyalties lightly, but I just don'thave the daily involvement with them being on the far coast.

I've been won over out here-but it's more because of the Stadium , the fans, and the ambience, than for any love of the team itself.

The long hard winter will soon be over, and I'll once again be able to spend my evenings kicking back in good 'ol Chavez Ravine. I will be avoiding the 'all you can eat' right field pavilion however.

I didnt hunt down the Yankees clock, but HERE is a site if you ever feel the need to connect with 'the old neighborhood' and/or a bronx flavor to baseball.

http://www.nyyfans.com/

I understand how Dodgerville could easily become a way of life --sounds perfect to me--but are you going to come back to see the stadium before it goes?

I still kick myself for not going to old Tiger Stadium before it got torn down and I had no connection to the Tigers and cant stand Detroit

edit:Yankees page and clock

Edited by mstar1

No Yankees clock ?

I'm realizing that it's finally happened. I'm so immersed in Dodgertown that I would have to call myself a Dodger 'fan' more than a Yankee 'fan'.

I will always root for the Yanks-you can't take the little boy loyalties lightly, but I just don'thave the daily involvement with them being on the far coast.

I've been won over out here-but it's more because of the Stadium , the fans, and the ambience, than for any love of the team itself.

The long hard winter will soon be over, and I'll once again be able to spend my evenings kicking back in good 'ol Chavez Ravine. I will be avoiding the 'all you can eat' right field pavilion however.

Sorry... I didn't realize you were a Yankers fan... ;)

I only posted ones that I could remember, off the top of my head last night, who had fans here at GS... and Hiway, I knew you were a Dodger fan.

Just over 12 days, 22 hours (at the time of this post) till pitchers/catchers report to the NYY camp.

and I'd post the NYY clock in this post, but I see that Mstar took care of it.

If you can find the clock til when they get mathematically eliminated Id enjoy seeing that :wink2:

Hahahahahhahahahaha!!!!!!!! what a hoot! :biglaugh:

Of course, we could start a pool... see who guesses closest to when the Yanks get mathematicalllllly eliminated... just a thought.

with the bluejays?Did I just take a little shot from a Yankee fan/? :biglaugh: ---------I have a feeling Boston fans are really gonna like this guy. The way he downs his beer like an Iced tea he'll certainly appeal to the beer drinking crowds!CMON SPRING!!

Edited by mstar1