GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way Rumors Get Started

satori001

Has anyone heard that bless patrol (or its equivalent) has been finding sacrificed animal carcasses in the Way Woods? Who's doing it? "Off" spring, chafing at the TWI bit? Are high-ranking parental units covering up?

What's it like living at HQ these days? While the Way World experience might be incomparable, for the fearful and brow-beaten staffers it always suffices to say - it "tastes like chicken." And now, chicken heads, chicken bones, chicken blood, chicken feathers - if we can believe it.

Satorially speaking, this kind of rumor mongering must be quashed, not fueled.

There is no evidence whatever that those carcasses were foul...just dead rumor being put to rest.

No human sacrifices (discounting veteran staffers) have been verified...and the unearthed bones in the woods were, no doubt, the work of the foraging raccoons, which were promptly pelleted by the on-call Bless Patrol who never meant to kill them...just stun them into submission...that they (it was a family of coons)could not withstand the Daisy blast is unfortunate.

I just find the fur hats distasteful, but then waste not, want not. Ms. Prez always fancied fur flying.

Just the facts, Sat...just the facts.

Kidding? Of course not, but for now it's just a rumor. Or is it?

I'm wondering if anyone else has heard this: TWI now has a "don't ask, don't tell" policy for Corps who go on food-stamps to supplement their incomes.

In the past, it was condemned as antithetical to their "God is your sufficiency" doctrine, however you can't eat a teaching. Corps living in areas where the cost of living is high have been quietly signing up for the food stamps, and then shopping out of the area where they are unlikely to be seen. Or that's how the rumor goes, anyway.

Anyone who's ever tried "government cheese" knows it tastes not a lot like chicken. More like Velveeta, if I recall. (I tried it once when a WOW brought it home to use for PFAL refreshements once.) That was a long time ago. It's not likely we'll hear the Corps is swapping government cheese recipes, but unlikely events have surprised us in the past.

Of course, Rosalie doesn't eat government cheese, but brie is expensive, so if the Corps eats Velveeta, more brie for Rosalie! As for flying fur, she'd better not find any in the brie.

Now, we all know that TWI doesn't exactly "celebrate" Halloween. It's devilish, is why. Everybody knows that.

But it's hard not to get caught up in the spirit of the season, right? That may explain why a certain president of a certain cult, and her companion, were seen last year at a Dayton (?) masquerade party dressed as Groucho and Harpo. They were inseparable! Groucho did most of the talking, naturally, and yes, it was a real cigar. Or so goes the rumor.

sigh...is there no relief from such bad marx plaguing us?

It was not a real cigar. It was the (un)faithful remnant of a past administration. Rumor says it was too short to light, but they didn't mind since the important thing was that it had been smoked out prior to the Buckeye party by Zeppo.

It could be Ole rose is up to a writing a new novel. "Catching fur in the brie". kinda sounds familiar.. a twisted tale of intrigue, and mark and avoid.

Having an staffer write it for her. Gert Yer balls she'd cut. Funny long name..

Has anyone heard there are some disaffected local ex-wayfers who've made their mission in life to launch loogies into Rosalie's pool? Sad, but possibly true.

One fellow claims he holds the current loogie-raid record for most loogies over the fence in a single raid (37), but confirmation is undertandably difficult. (He must have had some cold!!)

I know, it's hard to believe, but some people get their payback in the strangest ways. How they supposedly accomplish this is hard to say, because there is presumably some security. But the challenge might make it all the more fun, no? We're eagerly awaiting confirmation.

rosalie-fox-rivenbark2.jpg

If you look closely, you might see one floating behind the ladder.

It never ceases to amaze me how these stories get blown out of proportion.

The disinfected waybenots did not no never launch mucogenous substance at any form of floating flotsum in such great quantity.

Your presumptions are skewed, o satoranius one.

There were only three launchers and they weren't outside the fence. It was not 37, but the best of seven by the three.

It was a crude, rude way to get even, but somewhat understandable after the infamous graffitti incident and all the hubbub that caused. That's THE one that compelled the moviehouse in St. Mary's to run that matinee disclaimer. Ha! I wonder how the lawyers resolved that one...or maybe it's still in litigation.

Viva la expectorants.

Ma~, by way of confirmation, seems to be making a crude, but effective, confession, bearing witness of the lugacious behavior.

Shootitouttame 5:23 They that believeth in rumors shall not be disappointed in their expectorations.

John Linder will be on the trail, investigating every hock shop from NK to LA.

When it comes to hocking loogies, the one who tops the list of usual suspects would have to be His Royal Heinous, the Spandex Spitfire himself. Will Linder figger it out?

It's funny that satori would bring up the subject of rumors...because I heard, and I am looking for verification on this...that Donna M. has a "thing" for fresh vegtables. I can't go into detail, on this forum, what I was told...but if anyone has any information on this...please come forward with it...

...If I repeated what I was told, you would be whistling carrots.