GreaseSpot Cafe

Christ's doctrine

quote:
Originally posted by Mike:

I already answered that, both recently and several times in the past two years. If I answer it again it will be ignored again.

Ah, the old Mike has returned. Never respond, just dodge, distract and attack.

If I were to fill out your questioneer you wouldn't believe me.

Try us.

If you are happy with your relationship with God fine. If you want to see what you missed in PFAL and enjoy a better relationship come back to PFAL.

Well I am finding out what I missed with God, so I am investing time in Him, not some man-made book

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Ham,

Haven't you learned anything from the gospel account of Thomas? First we believe and THEN we see.

If you can't remember the results you YOURSELF got from PFAL (or if you didn't get any) you're not going to believe anything I say. If I type it, then you'd demand that I prove it, and you'd waste a lot of my time. It is an endless process that I am fully aware of and I am sure many who want to distract me are aware of too. If you are not aware of this, then I wonder if you can learn anything spiritual at all.

If people don't believe Moses and the prophets (including PFAL) they wont believe if someone is raised from the dead.

def59,

"Try us" !!!??? I often HAVE tried to present things to you. More than most, you don't read what is written. I just wrote that I did respond to this type of question both recently and several other times. I'm sure you don't remember them because you ignored my response just minutes ago.

If we count up all the attacks against me and compare them with the counter-attacks that I only sometimes employ, the ratio would be 10:1 easily.

Most of my dodging is to avoid wasting time. It's righteous dodging, and you can see Jesus doing it in the gospels. He also attacked (righteously) the religious leaders who were strutting around as if they know God but didn't.

I often go into extremely detailed responses when I sense some meekness or when I'm sure there is a peripheral benefit. Trying to convince the unmeek is not my goal at all. Your challenges to me often give me a platform to reach those readers who are meek. Jesus coversed with the Pharisees with this same thing in mind too. I like to imitate him as much as possible.

def59,

You wrote: "Well I am finding out what I missed with God, so I am investing time in Him, not some man-made book in mind too."

Anything you come up with in that investment of time will be man-made, that is, made by YOU and you are a man.

Because you are only a man, you are not able to match wits with the devil and detect any counterfeit information he slips you in your investment of time. Jesus knew this and he relied on the ACCURATE written Word he had mastered when he faced the devil. He invested his time in writings that were written by men, but supervised by God.

Without PFAL you cannot discern truth from error no matter how much time you invest in a KV or NIV or whatever man has provided you. It's men who miscopied the ancient scriptures; it is men who tried to reconstruct the critical Greek manuscripts; is is men who translated them; and it is a man (you) who reads them attempting to find the True God. This process is doomed, and has not worked in 2000 years, save partially for only a very small number of very exceptional people, such as the men who taught Dr.

Without God's 1942 promise and it's fulfillment in the PFAL writings, no one can enjoy the fullness of what God has to offer us.

For the others here...

Look up "in Him", a cool look at the scripture.

If you want that is...I don't give assignments...

Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ

Raf.. I think its like a case of the measles that keeps popping up..

Mike, really. I took the time to look through your old posts. No signs, no miracles, no wonders, nothing. "I cleaned out the hospitals at___", nope.

I believe GOD- God almighty- unreservedly. I do not believe YOU.

If I don't start seeing a few credentials, I MUST assume you are either a devil with a blue dress on, or just a pretender. You simply leave me no choice.

quote:
Raf.. I think its like a case of the measles that keeps popping up..

Let's stop scratching.

quote:
If I don't start seeing a few credentials, I MUST assume you are either a devil in disguise, or just a pretender. You simply leave me no choice.

What's taking you so long?

Smurfette, thanks for the nice thread, no sarcasm or anything intended. I think this stuff may agree partly with what you asked about, but may just end up being what Christ's doctrine is NOT.

To me at least, it is NOT some maniacal miserable SOB's (VP Loy and crowd) take on all of love life and the bible. Not so devilishly hard to intreat that twenty plus years of labor in its service still fails to yield the promised results.

I feel like I spent the most part of twenty years in a vat of pickle juice, not the gospel- and my skin is just starting to straighten out again.

I think Abraham got pretty close to Christ's doctrine- the Lord said "go" and he went. Didn't have everything figured out, but he didn't sit around retemorizing all the verses he could find that mentioned the word "go". Jesus talked about the "works of your father Abraham".

Love God and love your neighbor as yourself seems pretty easy to understand, pretty easy to intreat, at least for me. So does "beware of false prophets"- I think that fits more with the idea of loving yourself. Maybe this love God and love your neigbor as youself is where its all at..

Mr Ham,

Many of my threads have been removed in the recent pruning process. I'd go to my saved versions for you but you don't impress me as one who wants to learn, so I decline to take the time. I may some time go over all my old posts and re-organize them into a manifesto, as many here have suggested. You'll have to wait until then.

In the meantime, if you are hungering and thirsting for the knowledge that my answer(s) will give you, then you'll have to learn how to convince me that your questionere is not just a dragging of my foot but a sincer quest for truth. I though it was incomplete and sensational, reflecting a poorly thought through position, so it's not worth my time.

In my recent answer (3 or 4 weeks ago) to this type of question and in your responses to it I saw that you flunked in your understanding of it. You may want to go back to it (either in Galen's PFAL thread or my proPFALL thread) and try again.

Again, if you can't remember how good PFAL was back then, that indicates to me you are merely trying to annoy me and waste my time, and to present yourself as some sort of deep thinker. My responses to you are designed to be instructive to meek readers, not you. You use me for your purposes, and I use you for mine! Fair deal?

careful, mr. H, it's gettin' deep and ripe in here....

Mike -- why not go set up your own site?? really?? cmon, it would be a lot more honest, ethically and intellectually. Maybe it's cuz you are a User...using Paw and G-spot for your corner soapbox. Perhaps there are your results, or fruit, if you will, mr. H.

Mike can't be bothered with paying to set up shop for those interested in his spiel...instead, he mooches off others. Over 4000 posts, 95% of which are nothing but long-winded sales pitches for stuff that most have moved beyond in some fashion or another. Why not get together with Tom B. down in TX and work together to promo your ideas to folks who ARE interested, Mike??? quit being so damn block-headed, Charlie,er, mike, Brown!!!

Taxes can be sooooo boring!

alfakat,

Why are you so predisposed to have this site only reflect a limited number of points of view?

That is sooooooooo TWI-like!

Besides, last time this subject came up many rallied to keep me here. Do you dis their desires too?

Mike, you must have a driveway FULL of Dodge Darts, DeSotos, Monacos and Chargers .. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> confused.gifbanghead.gif

I could care less about public opinion; I am NOT taking a poll, doofus...sheesh

It is not about points-of-view; I took you to task for mooching off others' generosity being your failing...dishonest and disingenuous .....how like you to change the subject. You make my point far better than I ever could... banghead.gifnono5.gifmad.gificon_eek.gif

alfakat,

You have no idea what you are talking about. I offered to contribute a year ago (or more) and heard nothing in return. I asked pamsandiego about it and she said not to bother.

I offered again last month or so when the pruning was going on. I asked in an e-mail "How much and where do I send it?" But again I got no answer.

I then again followed up with pamsandiego and asked her if I could give her cash to pass on to management and thereby protect identities from me. When a check is cashed it is often stamped with ID, like in the endorsement. However, she said I should just wait.

I can understand this.

Then it also occurred to me that maybe the silence is not just to protect identity, but also (I think) to make it easier to boot me off the board should I mis-behave or something. It would be harder to ban a paying customer. If I'm right I can understand this. My posts can easily enflame many people (like YOU especially), even if I am at my best behavior. I can understand my offers being turned down.

And another point: I am not mooching, nor am I advertising anything. It COSTS me to post here in precious time. I get nothing in return but lots of crap from people like you. It is a labor of love for me to try and help grads (like YOU) out of the massive deceptions that they suffer from. If you don't want help, don't read my posts. Maybe NEXT year you finally realize the true difference between the baby and the bathwater, and want to retrieve the baby you threw out.

Alfakat, like your dragging me onto this site two years ago, you exhibit a most profound lack of wisdom in this matter. Your bitterness has clouded your mind and you are unable to think straight. Calm down and take a deep breath next time before you accuse me of something. You're just making a fool out of yourself.

Since you are so dead wrong on this matter, does it get you thinking that maybe you jumped to concussions on other matters that stimulate your anger juices? It should.

alfakat,

You wrote to me: " I could care less about public opinion; I am NOT taking a poll, doofus...sheesh"

The correct phrase is "I could NOT care less..." or "I couldn't care less..." or "I care little..."

It amazes me how sloppy and unconscious people can get in their speech and thought patterns... Sheesh!