GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Corps Transition to The Real World

Belle

This is actually from another thread, but I don't want to rob uncle howie of any additional attention by derailing his thread. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I'm sure that seeing how TWI treated Mrs. W was quite the eye opener for many wc.

The fact that many wc lurk on here and are coming to terms with the fact that they will basically have nothing to show for their bondage to TWI and will be struggling financially as they get older has prompted some on TWI's payroll to ask for reassignments to allow them to get secular jobs.

It is very difficult for them to move into the real world because as JT said, they have no marketable skills and most of the wives have been stay at home moms and/or just secretaries to their husbands. The wc here who asked to be moved to branch level so that the husband could get a real job struggled for the longest time and eventually got dropped from the wc and left TWI because they went into debt. The real world is much harder than living in a 6,000 sq.ft. house and having people wait on you hand and foot.

Most who go into the real world end up doing sales because that's really all their experience with TWI entailed. But people in the real world aren't easily manipulated and bullied. They certainly aren't scared of some jerk spouting Bible verses at them.

I wonder what this is doing to the wc assignments since it's not good to be changing jobs and moving around every few years when you're in the secular workforce. Of course those on TWI's payroll are fodder for going where ever TWI deems you deserve to be.

Plenty of Way Corps grads ran there own successful business...then got screwed by the everybody-is-a-full-time-minister "revelation".

That's not who you're talking about though, is it? wink2.gif;)-->

We had a guy in our area, who came in as a branch coordinator and was bumped up to Limb Coordinator before he left. The first year here he was a dry-waller. Worked hard all day, and went out witnessing most nights. Was a jerk in a lot of ways, but he actually did everything that he asked us to do. One of the PFAL classes during the last year that we had them had everybody but one person witnessed to by him.

Anyway, after one year as a dry-waller/branch coordinator, they made him and his new wife full-time "ministers". By the time it was time to go back and join the work force, Martindale had convinced everyone that they could all be "managers".

Most people who have never had managerial experience think that managers are just the folks who sit on their butts and tell everyone else what to do all day...kind of like what TWI "leadership" did icon_eek.gif. So here's all these people, who have been completely out of the workforce for several years, and who worked blue-collar or service industry jobs before that, applying for positions as managers in various businesses in their towns. Reality set in pretty quick for most of them.

Yeah, Oak, those guys were definitely the exception to the rule. Most people don't like him, but P@ul Brook* was a hard worker who had his own cement company and sold everything to move to FL to become full time. He's got four kids and when they were told to go back to work they were also told not to go into debt if they wanted to start their own business. That pretty much prevents anyone from starting their own business unless they twist through some loophole way of justifying what they're doing (which is really just lying to TWI because you know their rules are stupid and unrealistic).

Paul's been struggling ever since. Last I heard he was cleaning movie screens and travelling about 20-25 days out of each month to get to the places where he had work. It was clear to me that that was why he was always campaigning for a limb or region position.

There is no way Martindale could ever run a fortune 500 corporation making decisions the way he did as president of the Way.

The decision to have all the Way Corps go full time proves when it came to running a corporation he did not know what he was doing. Furthermore, the way he yelled and carried on at times he would have been fired before the ink dried on his first paycheck.

The reason he was able to get away with this behavior in the Way was because of the corps structure and he had a lot of "yes men" running around. If they didn't do what he said, he fired them or shipped them to the other side of the country.

Funny thing is that it seems when the current way corps finally leaves headquarters, many wake up and leave for good. Many strong believers have left in the past two years. They finally found out the truth when they got on the field & people were ill & not prospering.

At least the heart of Christ came through in time. Now they can run fellowships to their hearts content & know God is again blessing them and their people. TWI still hasn't figured out it's a Body of Christ & He is the Head and we are MEMBERS IN PARTICULAR.

Oh well!

A little off the thread..............

When I was in res. at HQ, mainley I worked on the concrete crew. Most of it was building the dorms. P*ul Br**ks ran the concrete crew. P*ul was great with me. Not to say we were great friends or anything but was always very fair and knew his job very well and yes a very hard worker. I found out about what he was doing through friend tracker and then what Belle just said about his concrete buisness.

My question is. Why was he not liked by many? I just always thought he was a very stand up person and am saddened that he is still in. You may PM me if you wish if you don't want to say here.

Sorry for the derail.

To any of you currently on the twi payroll....

This is just a friendly reminder of your future.

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/waydale/editorial/waypay.htm

A) twi has no retirement fund for employees whatsoever.

B) twi does not pay into Social Security for its employees.

(How it manages that without breaking the law is beyond me.)

C) twi does not pay enough for you to put in $10 per paycheck

into an individual retirement fund.

D) twi does not have a 401(k) program.

E) twi has a standard operating procedure of dropping people who are no longer

of any use to them (like mrs wierwi11e)

F) if you think twi will make an exception for you, please reread the previous

line

G) twi does not have any kind of job training program

=======

What all of this means when you put it together:

Financially,

twi currently makes no effort to give you backup or a reserve of any kind.

Sooner or later, it will cut you loose, probably later. Once twi cuts you loose,

you will be unemployed with few job skills-if any,

with no retirement fund and no money in Social Security.

So, you will work fulltime until you die.

From a financial self-preservation point of view,

your best bet is to acquire job skills outside of twi,

and work outside of twi.

At least that way you have a chance to actually retire.

A number of people in the "prevailing household"

won't have that option.

JustLoafing, Paul was a good guy and had a great sense of humor. When he first got to FL he and C*nnie were very humble and very kind. I babysat for them and just adore their children. They are awesome and smart kids.

Once Moneyhands came to town and the intensity of pressure on the wc from hq started coming down he turned into a Moneyhands/LCM worshipper. He is a very instense guy to begin with but that energy was shifted from good to bad with SOME people. He was always kind to me and my ex although a little more rough and/or crude at times when he didn't like something. But that was just his nature.

He still has a shovel that was used on "The Fountain of Living Waters", I think. It was used on something that he worked on at hq and it's a token of very fond memories for him. His face lights up when he talks about working up there and the people he got to work with. You must be one of those people. wink2.gif;)-->

I've met quite a few people who don't like him and some who were scared of him. I just feel sorry for him because he was very successful and he basically got screwed by TWI and now he's struggling and nowhere near living the more abundant life.

WW, they DO have some sort of lame retirement plan now but I think it only matches like 2% of what you're able to contribute from your already measley income (unless you are a favorite full time wc or sleeping with the president).

I'm not sure, but didn't someone post a while back that they started pulling out social security again?

Regardless, these don't really help much with all the issues you've mentioned. They are basically too little too late and, sadly for those too blind to realize it, that's all they are going to have to fall back on when they really need it because we all know, and experience has proven, TWI certainly isn't going to take care of you.

Those people that are still in the Way Snore ain't gonna be convinced by anyone here, that's for sure.

They're in for a *really* rude awakening one day - they'll end up sleeping under bridges or in homeless shelters one day.

Thanks Belle for the explanation. You described Paul very well as far as I remember him. I really hate he turned into a bad guy for some because of those bast*rds.

Yeah I guess you could say he was intense icon_eek.gif but I always saw it as a good intensity (a very sharp person). I never saw the bad side of it. I bet that could of scared some people. I guess people need to understand the gruff part of him, that comes with working construction.

Isn't there a website where you can go and look up how much you "should" be getting from SS based on what you've put into it? Or at least request a report with that information?

I know I get a statement mailed to me every so often from the SS Administration with that information. Of course, I don't believe for a minute that I'm really going to be getting as much as it says, if anything, by the time I retire, but it would still be a good start if someone were wondering how much they might have coming to them....