GreaseSpot Cafe

Do mothers worry about their children?

WordWolf

"overdependents have been calledthe "fairy godmothers of the world".

you wave your wand but nothing happens. We do not have the magic power to change and control other people.

A child raised with a parent who doubts them and their choices, who must control, and make the world perfect learns self doubt and codependancy and shame.

shame bound adults fell isolated and alone and never able to belong or fit in and they are often attracted to shame bound churches or other groups that allow another to decide for them what is best because they lack the skill of trusting their self or God

in the decision making process.

very small children lack judgement only because they have not become old enough , not because you as a parent knows what is best for their life.

It is a parents job to educate a child on how to make good choices and to love them for who they will be . Parent can not protect their children from harm or wrong choices. we are not magic.

Jesus is our Saviour, when a parent becomes an idol to a child it robs them of the ability to understand who God is clearly in life.

and fills them with shame and guilt .

remember your children will grow up, they will remember, they will understand the choices you made as adults when they had no choice but to concede to your controll.

• 4 years later...

. . .

So, the question:

Do mothers worry about their children when they are not in sight?

My mommy saved my brother when he was getting shot at in Iraq. She thanks Wierwille's Law of Believing for her efforts.

No, they don't worry, a mommy's duty is to simply believe.

<_<

The real issue, as I see it, is not whether mothers worry about their children.

The real issue is that Wierwille intentionally created a problem for the express purpose of solving it. He was a demagogue. I doubt that many of us gave much thought to how "worry" would resolve itself until Wierwille told us we should. (After all, look at the tragic consequences suffered by the mother of that little boy.) Then, he conveniently provided the solution. The fact is, we can't change things in the physical realm one iota by simply thinking about them, whether for better or worse. He got this mumbo-jumbo from the New Age Movement that was gaining steam in the early days of the ministry.

"Optimism

Positive thinking supported by affirmations will achieve success in anything;[34] this is based on the concept that Thought Creates. Therefore, as one begins focusing attention and consciousness on the positive, on the "half-filled" glass of water, reality starts shifting and materializing the positive intentions and aspects of life. A certain critical mass of people with a highly spiritual consciousness will bring about a sudden change in the whole population.[35] Humans have a responsibility to take part in positive creative activity and to work to heal ourselves, each other and the planet.[36]

Human Potential Movement

The human mind has much greater potential than that ascribed to it[37][38][39] and is even capable of overriding physical reality.[40]"

VP latched onto the works of Norman Vincent Peale (The Power of Positive Thinking) and others of the same genre. Then, he threw in some Biblical references and convinced us we had been searching for this information all along.

Mothers (and fathers) worry about their children because it helps their minds stay alert to impending and hidden danger. How can that be a bad thing?

Edited by waysider

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And then The Way International put pedophiles into leadership positions over our children.

Spiritually dangerous to them for sure!

The Way International is a dangerous cult that will go so far as to aid and abet felons to get at you and your children. GET OUT NOW! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know of a situation where this happened only recently. They are still aiding and abetting pedophiles rather than going to the proper "worldly" authorities!

Jim, my daddy worried when I got my license, too. icon_smile.gif:)--> If I had had waybrain back then I could have blamed HIM for my wreck!! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Ok. Would someone please PM me, or direct me to verifiable details on this? Thanks!

There is an old thread titled "Child Abuse in The Way" that you should read. It documents a legal case where the leadership of TWI, right up to VPW himself, protected a homosexual pedophile and assigned him the task of leading children's fellowships where he came into regular contact with young boys, moved him to another state when he was caught out by parents, and gave him the same assignment. That time, the law took care of him but not before he ruined lives and marriages. The individual's name and I think picture are posted on that thread, so you can look him up in the sex offender registry of the state where this happened. That good enough for you?

There's another thread or two on another pedophile or two, but I cannot remember their names. One of them was quite recent, like 2008.

WG