GreaseSpot Cafe

This is the About The Way forum! (For new readers/posters.)

WordWolf

Um, Allan, I was saying that your picking on Rascal by calling her a pagan might be perceived BY HER as an anti witness and a slam against your very own religion.

Being picked on by a Christian might make a Christian decide to investigate other beliefs, since they aren't seein' the love.

In other words, believer riding another believer=anti witness to the faith of the believer.

Get it now?? Sorry I wasn't more clear.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Maybe we could start off our posts like.."Hi, my name is Allan, I'm a Christian" or "Hi, my name is Rascal and I'm a Pagan" or "Hi, my name is Bramble and I'm a Wicca (witch), or "Hi, my name is Cool Waters and I'm a New-Ager" just thinking, it might help ??
Hey, pinky, Rascal's a Christian, I'm the pagan.

And it's Wiccan, when you're referring to an individual, Wicca is the religion itself.

Your suggestion assumes that people can't discern someone's point of view from their posts, and that we need a virtual nametag to identify us.

Bramble, you make a very very good point. It is a pity when christians themselves are the biggest detriment to a persons desire to practice....really kind of an embarrassment to the rest of us.

I have a lot of respect for a persons spirituality no matter what brand of flavor...

I have a lot more respect for what a person IS ...rather than the *lable* they wear.

It`s nobodies damn business what a persons spiritual belief system is Allan....

Nobody owes you an explanation or description in order to validate their thoughts expressed here in these forums.

Whatever our personal beliefs are, they in NO way negate our experiences while involved in twi...OR...renders our opinons without value.

You are flinging a lot of derogatory terms around to describe posters ..... ALL of whom incidently, have paid their dues to be here....

Your presuposition that a *christian* lable some how buys your opinion or pov more legitimacy is silly.

quote:
Originally posted by Goey:

quote:
Agree to all of that as long as readers have an idea what kind of people are posting..

Maybe we could start off our posts like.."Hi, my name is Allan, I'm a Christian" or "Hi, my name is Rascal and I'm a Pagan" or "Hi, my name is Bramble and I'm a Wicca (witch), or "Hi, my name is Cool Waters and I'm a New-Ager" just thinking, it might help ??

Alan, that was truly uncalled for. You don't act very "Christian" to me. From one Christian to another, I would much rather hang out with the so called pagans, witches and new agers than with you.

Don't know why I didnt feel the need to comment on this before, but...

Allan,

I get more respect from pagans and atheists than I get from you.

I also GIVE them more respect than I get from you, which, I think,

is an important reason I GET respect from them. Please remember that

the best way to have friends is to BE one.

Further,

consider these 2 examples.

Example 1:

I interact with non-Christians. I refrain from hitting them with a

2 x 4 at every opportunity, and I maintain a firm conviction that

the Bible is true (without insisting they agree.) When the subject

comes up, I demonstrate SENSIBLY that there are reasons to believe

it's true, and not just a matter of "blind faith".

As a result, I've seen some of THEM whack non-Christians who say

ALL Christians are fools- they have counter-examples.

Example 2:

Someone arrives on a board, insists he knows better than everyone

else, derides non-Christians present, and slams Christians who say

things he doesn't like. Christians and non-Christians remind him

that there are RIGHT and WRONG ways to behave.

Of the 2 examples, which poster is behaving in the manner that

CHRIST would recommend?

Which poster is behaving closer to the style of the Apostle Paul,

who was all things to all men that by all means he might save some?

Allan, I am not saying this in a mean or an angry tone, so I hope you will read it as a gentle response.....

I feel that I simply do not have to qualify myself to you spiritually, (or any other way) in order for my posts to have merit.

I do not want or need your opinion of me or my posts to change simply based on whatever new lable you decide to you apply to me.

The pagans, wiccans, christians, agnostics, ALL have valid points of view here.

It is not up to you to judge us or our merit because of the diverse paths we have been guided since leaving twi.

As a matter of fact, in my opinion no other group, no matter how idolotrous you seem to view them Allan, could possibly be as capable of hurting people or as blasphemous against God ..... as what twi did in his name.

Love God and love your neighbor, twi seems to have really blown th single most important commandments that Jesus said he came to bring.

Allan, I am well aware that this is not a Wiccan, pagan forum. I know how to use google to find Wiccan /Pagan forums, and belong to several. They are surprisingly well mannered compared to GSC.

Do you have any proof that I have tried to change the nature of this forum and push my own beliefs? Have I told you or anyone else to shut up about your beliefs? To follow me and my beliefs?

I think that the theme of any postings I have done toward you, Allan, have been in the nature of "play nice." NOT "Be Wiccan/pagan Like Me!"

Sheesh.

I get the impression that you really really want to find me at big fault somehow. Hmm. Reminds me of some Way leadership I dealt with a few years ago. Bullies, they were.

Don't bother answering my questions. I'm done with any dialogue from you. If there was an ignore feature on this forum, I'd use it.

Insults and accusations--been there, done that. It was called TWI.

Maybe Twi will take you back! You sound like what they want in leadership material.

quote:
Rascal..you are still dodging a simple question..so are you a christian ?

quote:
I feel that I simply do not have to qualify myself to you spiritually...

I believe your question has been answered, Al.

quote:
Bramble..agree with what you say and neither is it a forum solely for 'wiccans', 'pagans' etc !!
The non-Christians here don't insist that everyone believe their way. We recognize that we are a minority and are likely to stay that way. Most Christians here don't insist on it either.

However, there are occassionally Christians who take it upon themselves to "reprove" those who don't believe that they do as if this were a Christian board. Which is why the occasional "this isn't a Christian board" refrain.

Yo Allan... your behavior is very much like that of someone who is still very much into "way brain"... you come across as a very condescending person rather than someone with a genuine interest... take the advice that's been given and please use it... get to know people from their posts... you'll be able to figure them out before to long... IF you really want to... people bare their souls pretty regularly here...

quote:
.. people bare their souls pretty regularly here...

However, that could become quite the opposite should some way-brained self-proclaimed know-it-all so-called-Christian continue to label, flame and disparage everyone on the board (that's everyone without exception).

Originally posted by Belle:

Help in what way? So that people can be pre-judged and have the GSpot version of a nametag? So that people can be pigeon-holed into a single classification and be automatically discredited on whatever they say regardless of the topic just because of a classification?

QUOTE]

Dad? What's a label?

Oh son, that's just something they give to someone else so that they can hate them without meeting them.

quote:
Originally posted by Allan:

Agree to all of that as long as readers have an idea what kind of people are posting..

Maybe we could start off our posts like.."Hi, my name is Allan, I'm a Christian"...

Hi, Allan! Welcome to GSC. I hope you find what you are looking for in life.

My handle is CoolWaters...if you want to know my name, it's around these threads somewhere...and I sometimes forget it because I've used CoolWaters for so long...

Anyway, I'm alive. Which is pretty kewl since the 'christians' tried to kill me over and over again.

BTW...

Which 'christ' do you follow?