GreaseSpot Cafe

The Cone of Ophelia

Raf

quote:
And a circle, again, means forecasters are absurdly unsure of where this is headed.

When dealing with the nature of hurricanes, can weather forecasters be any more sure? I mean, look at what they initially thought Katrina was going to do.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurricane/Block Parties are traditionally held in my garage since I'm the only one in the neighborhood who can actually use my garage to park my car. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Everyone brings whatever snack food and alcohol they have and we deplete the supplies so that we can re-stock for the next hurricane. There's always plenty of room, so come join us! I'm in the North Orlando area.

Yup. It's my fault. If I started doing some Pacific cones, they'd start getting hammered. Unfortunately, my interest is strictly on the Atlantic season.

So, we're up to O already. It weakened to a tropical storm, but will probably strengthen again.

You'll notice that the cone is a circle again: it's not because of doubt now, but because of the strange course this one is projected to take. Notice how it loops and appears to be headed toward South Carolina or Georgia. Being in the cone just means "don't count yourself out."

145127W_sm.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Raf:

Yup. It's my fault.

What Tom didn't say is that, in a secret meeting, GSers decided to appoint you as the official GS scapegoat. From now on, instead of everything bad being Bush's fault, it will be yours. Don't complain. You asked for it. Remember your "blame me" sigs?

Wow. That's an interesting change: the forecast models are no longer predicting a loop. Instead, the storm just hangs out in the Atlantic for a couple of days and then heads to South Carolina. South Florida's not even in the 5 day cone anymore.

And the cones are starting to take a cone shape!

I still say it's going to loop around and come right at me.

So, Raf.....

Ophelia is scheduled to come ashore here in Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach NC.

I have my deck furniture packed up and put away, $110.00 worth of batteries, enough to fuel battery operated flashlights, tvs and fans. Lots of ice, water, wine, supplies and pet food. Want to stop by here on your way home....just so you don't miss the experience? wink2.gif;)-->

radar