Let's See What Happens

krys

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belle,

"What's it like to have to pee in front of everyone else in the bathroom?"

Like Ron said, never even give it a thought.

"How hard is it to keep from looking around given men's general concern about size?"

Not difficult at all. Again, never even give it a thought. And, maybe teenagers get real concerned with "size", but, after having been in enough locker rooms, you realize everybody is about the same size anyway (well, except for Galen, who has a special endowment apparently), so... so what? It's just not on the radar...

"What's it like to grow up not being able to be modest if a guy plays sports?"

I couldn't tell you that one either. I don't have the sports gene. I just don't give a %&*$. Never did...

"What's it like to want to act in theater, dance or do other things considered less than masculine in the eyes of some narrow minded members of society?"

I REALLY couldn't tell you anything about that one either. Never been an issue - ever...

Thanks, y'all! :D

Those are things I think would bother me if'n I were a guy, but part of that comes from watching too many movies and the "privacy" women are afforded in bathrooms.

I suppose growing up with a good deal of support and a healthy self-esteem helps in a lot of those situations.

What's it like to have to pee in front of everyone else in the bathroom?

Another thought Belle..

My friend who was in the navy described this about when he was in basic training..

Sometimes, somebody would make a cute, little paper ship, place it in the urinal thingy, and set it on fire. As I passed along the line of "troops" present.. it got a rather interesting reaction..

... To never have to deal with that monthly mess.

We ALL have to deal with the monthly mess, just in different ways. In recent months (going on for the past couple years) ours have been 'messing' four three weeks out of four.

I wonder what it is like to walk the streets at night without fear - or at least certain fears
Not all men are without those fears, I was not comfortable alone on dark streets until after I learned to be.
... To have less worries about gaining weight or getting grey hairs.

You think that it is only females who are concerned about this?

At the same time, I'm not so sure I want to experience being the one who is usually expected to be the "aggressor/initiator" in romantic relationships and face the possibility of so much rejection. Though, it would have been nice to be able to be the initiator without being viewed as "easy" or "whore".
Rejection is common, rejection is life. so long as you are still getting rejections, you know your still alive.
I think shaving my legs is far less uncomfortable than shaving my face would be. BUT I'd rather shave my face than certain other body parts.

hmm, I think that my face (and your face) is far more sensative than your legs. A face has more shapes and curves, more blood vessels up close to the surface, and more nerves. I think that a face is much harder to shave, a face bleeds more, and a face is more sensative to shaving; than a leg is.

... and as some of us older guys know{57 today} the lovely wife is hot to trot all the time and so are we but now i know what the saying, the spririt is willing but the flesh is weak means!! B)

I have heard of this one too.

Wait, be patient, let her take her time, love her, be patient, wait, take her time, ...

So when she finally gets a libido, we are so old our flesh no longer works. Hah, great.

B)

I would like to understand (though I am not sure I want to experience it) the competitiveness between men -especially young men and boys. And they way they can insult each other, but its not really an insult. I've met very few women I could jokingly call a whore and still be friends with - yet so many men will say all sorts of awful things to each other and it rolls right off.

OK, either Galen is exaggerating or I fear I am woefully inadequate.

I dont think either.

I just find many toilets are round when they should be oval.

As you probably have noticed men like to measure themselves against each other. I am convinced that is the basis of our fascination with sports. We are elated and validated when the team with which we identify ourselves wins and sometimes fall into despair or rage when they lose. It's part of our linear and spatial orientation of our psyche. The male ego is a very fragile thing and perhaps the most delicate part is our sexuality. The idea that you women might find us lacking relative to other men in the area of providing you with optimum sexual pleasure and performance is one of the most devastating of of possibilities

I have always found this bizzare.

While I do know a few men who follow sports, I dont. And most of the men whom I have known and worked with dont follow any sports either. Perhaps it is jsut because of my chosen profession, I dont know.

"That females play a very powerful role ... the idea that we might be the human equivalent of those males rejected by nature truly evokes angst within us."

True.

"It is hard for us to talk about our perceived inadequacies because to do so we become vulnerable."

Any vulnerability that I admit to, among other men, will be held up against me by them.

"... Vulnerability, we believe attracts the sharks in our world like blood in the water. Our training in this area starts when we are quite young."

Also in school, boys will group to attack a 'weakling'.

"We ALL have to deal with the monthly mess, just in different ways. In recent months (going on for the past couple years) ours have been 'messing' four three weeks out of four."

Ah yes, but Galen, trust me it is not the same.

You think that it is only females who are concerned about this?"

No, but men don't obsess about it the way women do. How many men will ask you if they look fat in their new jeans? Or if their butt looks to big?

"I think shaving my legs is far less uncomfortable than shaving my face would be. BUT I'd rather shave my face than certain other body parts.

hmm, I think that my face (and your face) is far more sensative than your legs. A face has more shapes and curves, more blood vessels up close to the surface, and more nerves. I think that a face is much harder to shave, a face bleeds more, and a face is more sensative to shaving; than a leg is."

Read it again, Galen. I said what you said. The more sensitive area I was referring to is quite a ways below the face. At least most of the time. :lol:

Wait, be patient, let her take her time, love her, be patient, wait, take her time, ...

So when she finally gets a libido, we are so old our flesh no longer works. Hah, great.

Yeah, God has some sense of humor, eh?

"... Vulnerability, we believe attracts the sharks in our world like blood in the water. Our training in this area starts when we are quite young."

Also in school, boys will group to attack a 'weakling'.

This is one of the things I would like to understand about boys/men. Although women have their counter part too - its just more subtle and I often think, more cruel. Course it could just be that I think it is more cruel because I am female and have been on the receiving end of it - but never experienced it in the way boys do.

Abigail writes...

"This is one of the things I would like to understand about boys/men. Although women have their counter part too - its just more subtle and I often think, more cruel. Course it could just be that I think it is more cruel because I am female and have been on the receiving end of it - but never experienced it in the way boys do."

I think men outgrow this cruel tendency. It is unfortunate that their victims barring therapeutic intervention do not outgrow the psychological damage that was inflicted upon them. However, women I don't think ever outgrow their cattiness toward other women that they choose to mark for thinly veiled insults and ostracism. Perhaps it is because physical torments and directness of insults perpetrated by boys become socially unacceptable as adult behavior. I don't believe the same social sanctions exit for the more subtle form of female on female cruelty.

Edited by oenophile

Heck,..I thought this was a thread about "what'll happen if we derail a thread!!"...LOL thus I passsed it by until today,..

Men ARE from Mars & wimin is from Venus...so answer me this why do the gals do the head toss & hair flip thingie..a great mystery to me.

Makes my neck hurt whenever I see it, & its very very common & almost without thought...

"I think shaving my legs is far less uncomfortable than shaving my face would be. BUT I'd rather shave my face than certain other body parts.

hmm, I think that my face (and your face) is far more sensative than your legs. A face has more shapes and curves, more blood vessels up close to the surface, and more nerves. I think that a face is much harder to shave, a face bleeds more, and a face is more sensative to shaving; than a leg is."

Read it again, Galen. I said what you said. The more sensitive area I was referring to is quite a ways below the face. At least most of the time. :lol:

Uh sensitive areas far below your face? Nobody said that you have to shave down there.

Bonnie has told me about those mammograms. They do sound fierce. A big steel vice to clamp your stuff in and squish it flat. Ouch.

WHY DO GUYS ITCH THIER NUTS AND SMELL THIER HANDS?

ROFLMAO :lol:

(wipes laughter tears from his eyes)

I imagine guys scratch for the same reason every one else does; because it itches. :)

It really shouldn't be done in polite company, but it happens.

As for smelling their hands afterwards.....I'm clueless.

I won't ask if anyone here does that, but does anyone know why one would?

(god, I'm still laughing. That set the tone for my entire day)

Guys, if you want to have some idea what a mammogram feels like, picture this.

They put your member between two books, then run over it with a truck. :P It's not pleasant, but it is necessary and thank God, it's over fairly quickly.

Galen said:

hmm, I think that my face (and your face) is far more sensative than your legs. A face has more shapes and curves, more blood vessels up close to the surface, and more nerves. I think that a face is much harder to shave, a face bleeds more, and a face is more sensative to shaving; than a leg is.

You've obviously never shaved your legs. :D Shaving the face has two big advantagse: (1) You can stick it up close to the mirror so you can see what you're doing. (2) It's within easy reach.

Shaving the legs involves having to reach down to all parts of your legs, including the tricky part behind your knee that you can't really see--you just have to do it by touch. And trust me, nicks on the legs bleed just as much as nicks on the face.

Oeno, you mentioned size. I don't know one woman who's impressed by a huge one, and I've known few men who believe you when you tell them that. I guess they think you're just trying to be nice. As a matter of fact, sex with an oversized guy is less pleasurable than with an average-sized guy. (Or so I've heard ;))

Edited by Linda Z

They put your member between two books

Linda, you forgot the words "icy cold".............

Guys sometimes discuss the relative size of their member but so far they haven't discussed us....how they judge us by the size of our members. Admid it guys.....tell us what you think of the boob-challenged women.

krysilis,

Now that I'm seriously looking at other women again, I've got to say,

though I've been a perennial T&A kinda guy, it's more what the woman's

not packing around that I find attractive (at least at the age I'm at now).

Morbid obesity is definitely a turnoff for me.

Personally, I find a woman's hands to be one of the most attractive things about her.

I can't even tell you why that is, but it is...

Krys,

Honestly?? I've never considered big boobs that big an attraction. There are some women who wear them well, I admit, but most large chested women I see??? My first thought is wondering if they have back problems. I'm with Geo on one thing.. the extra poundage needs to come off. Not for esthetics alone but for health reasons.

sudo

For me personally, normal sized boobs seem to "work well" with me...too big (the bigger the better the tighter the sweater) isn't that "big" with me..

As for the mamogram thingie..never knew they did that to you poor souls..Glad they don't do that with the male's counterpart..especially if it was COLD...ouch!!

Any gals know why ya's flip your hair..I REALLY wanna know.

Buddy Fred & I were on a topless beach in mexico last fall & we noticed that most if not all of the topless bathing gals from Europe bathed in the front rows...Fred claims its because they want attention, & yet they'd seldom look up when we'd be a staring....my theory is that they wanted the best angle from the sun for a complete tan..but Fred wouldn't buy it??

Any topless bathers out there & why Do they aim for the front rows on the beach?? Huh Huh??

Why, when out on the town and one woman goes to the restroom, do the rest get up and follow?

What is so spell binding about soap operas and romance novels? Usually the leading man is very confident, takes charge, and sweeps the damsel off her feet. And they have lots of sex. But from my own limited experience and listening to other guys, find woman resent this type of man and have far less interest in sex. Does this imply you actually do want men to be in charge, to swept you off your feet, and became your knights in shining armour? And as a result your sexual desire would be stronger?

Why is the mothering instinct so strong that some can not let go of it? They want to 'mother' their children for the rest of their lives it seems. They fuss over 40 year old kids and try to tell them how to run their affairs. My ex's mother was like this and it created so much tension and anamosity. The only way we could bear a visit with her was looking forward to her leaving. There were constant long distant phone calls checking up. Quite a rift developed.

WHY DO GUYS ITCH THIER NUTS AND SMELL THIER HANDS?

Smell?

ugh, never saw that one. I dont smell my hand after doing that.

krysilis-

"Admid it guys.....tell us what you think of the boob-challenged women."

Okay, I admit anything you want me to admit.

I often find that flat-chested ladies are far better looking everywhere else, and HUGE breasted ladies often look like their really un-comfortable.