GreaseSpot Cafe

W.O.W. Ambassadors

Oakspear

Ever try going to a'higher up' when you were sick?
Yes. Not out WOW, but when I was in the 6 corps (sometime around Sept. 1975), early on had to have my wisdom teeth pulled. Complained about the pain, teeth got infected...so Craig authorized me going to the local dentist to have them pulled after taking medication for the infection. TWI footed the bill. Way Corps fund I guess.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just going to repost Bliss's post since I think it sums things up nicely. :)

Oldies, victims go through enough finger pointin and guilt to last a lifetime.........

This is where they can call a spade an ugly spade................

Everyone already knows "the positives" ....that is why they went WOW or Corps to begin with....

as well as many had some "good" experiences. But in hindsight, it was a bad program, and many people got hurt, and the ministry did NOT CARE!!!

They need to show the negatives.....that is what this site is all about.....

If people want the "sunny side of TWI" than they can go on their site, and sit and snore, I mean, read.

Yeah, twi didn`t owe us squat.....

We put our lives on hold, our relationships on the back burners, abandoned educations and careers, saved up enough money to get ourselves where twi wanted us....... lived on 20 hrs work a week so that we could promote twi and it`s classes full time for one year of our lives......

What idiots...and SOME of us were stupeed enough to do it twice <_<

I'm just going to repost Bliss's post since I think it sums things up nicely. :)
Belle, you and Bliss might think so, but some of your opinions about this website are inaccurate.
They need to show the negatives.....that is what this site is all about.....
This site is about a lot of things, but the "about the way" forum is about folks sharing their thoughts, opinions and experiences, both positive and negative, godly and ungodly; not "all about showing the negatives."

If you want an example of a website that is "all about showing the negatives", ask me. :)

Yeah, twi didn`t owe us squat.....

We put our lives on hold, our relationships on the back burners, abandoned educations and careers, saved up enough money to get ourselves where twi wanted us....... lived on 20 hrs work a week so that we could promote twi and it`s classes full time for one year of our lives......

What idiots...and SOME of us were stupeed enough to do it twice <_<

A lot of blood sweat & tears went into earning those WOW pins and I'm proud to have two of them.

Rascal I don't think you are an idiot for going WOW , far from it and the exact opposite; but it's sad you now choose to greatly disparage a time in your life when you chose to share with others what God did for you.

Edited by oldiesman

Oldies, the difference between our view points is that you still believe the illusion that was utilized to seduce us into serving darkness....while believing that we served a noble purpose.

God cannot have been the author of something that caused so much pain, which resulted in such destruction, even death....

God`s name was used, scri[ture was used, we were used....but darkness was served.

You still buy the counterfit, and for that I am sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a pretty good time in 1978-79, , and we did share the Word...at times. But as we werent being ruled with an iron hand, neither did we rule as such (I and a fellow 8th corps guy were in the branch), but we looked out for each other. I suppose that was why we had a good time. We never heard anything about not getting a clas together. But, then, I started getting some flack about other things when I got to HQ that fall.

I still want to get details on a WOW experience that wasnt as good from my old Indy buddy...Blue Sunday, where did you disappear to???